Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kelvin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy eggy nerites

Any suggestions on how to easily remove nerite snail eggs? The snails are great, but gosh-darn... these hundreds of "sesame seeds" all over the tank and hardscape are really driving me nuts. I had them in several tanks and finally started taking the tanks down one by one. I've tried bleach, vinegar. I scrape the glass,but the silicone and more intricate areas require precision tools (not even thinking about the black gravel...). I've resorted to drying and sanding the driftwood, or simply tossing it (too small or delicate to sand).

SCAPE Member Sr. SCAPEr Speaker73's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Troy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you find an easier way other then waiting for them to dissolve you should sell your technique. They issue has been plaguing this hobby for a while now.
    You are...

what you do...

when it counts.

The Masao

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kelvin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaker73 View Post
    If you find an easier way other then waiting for them to dissolve you should sell your technique. They issue has been plaguing this hobby for a while now.
    I was afraid of that... So far, for me, they don't even dissolve.... What's worse is even the ones I chisel off the rocks still leave a crusty "egg print"... Ok. Thanks for the reply... me thinks I'm gonna start investigating some more drastic approaches....