User Tag List

Thread: Is there a good air pump to run multiple sponge filters?

SCAPE Member Jr. SCAPEr Flighty Zeus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kim
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Is there a good air pump to run multiple sponge filters?

I plan on running at least 3, possibly 4 sponge filters in 3 or 4 tanks (I may put one or two bubblers in the 20long- haven't decided yet).

I found something at PetCo called Aqua Supreme Air pump 8 Watt (4 outlet) by Danner Manufacturing.

Has anyone heard of it? Would you suggest another brand?

Or maybe a different way of achieving my plan?

I'm so close to starting the build! The tank is used and I need to tackle the white residue on the inside before I can start. I also need to rinse the sand. Then there's the wood and rocks that need to be scrubbed. I got the rocks at a commercial rock yard, so they definitely need a good scrub! I do have a bit of small and medium pebbles as well. I'm working towards a river bed type of scape. It's only 20 gallons and I only have so much room inside the tank. Right now I'm wishing that I had convinced my husband to let me buy a 55 gallon I saw on Facebook Marketplace! The 20 will have to do until I can prove to him that I can keep up a nice tank. My 10 gallon was awesome for about 7-8 years and eventually succumbed to algae. I took it down a few weeks ago, so I'm totally ready to get this scape finished as soon as possible!!

SCAPE Member Sr. SCAPEr aquamaniac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Victor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I'm not familiar with the pet Petco pump you mentioned. If you aren't on a budget, I would recommend getting a linear diaphragm air pump. They are a bit pricier but you can definitely dependable them to last a long time. The biggest bonus for me is that they are extremely quiet compared to the standard air pumps commonly sold. Will be more than enough for what you are describing and with room to support more tanks in the future.

You could get lucky and find a used one on Craigslist or Offerup. I bought a Blue Diamond one for $50. It gave out 1.5 years later but I was able to buy a repair kit for $30 bucks and I am sure will last me a long time.

Good luck with your search.