Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tiffany
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Free to sell?

Are we allowed to sell even if we have lower than 25 post? Don't see any mods regulating the sale section with a lot of people under 25 post, posting for sale. I got some stuff to sell too.

1. SCAPE members are required to have a minimum of 25 (meaningful) posts, or 10 (meaningful) posts if having attended a SCAPE meeting, before being allowed to post items for sale and/or trade in the Tradewinds forum..

SCAPE Member Just Planted ichthyogeek's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    J
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Additionally, does this mean that those with under 25 meaningful posts can list WTB?

It's really hard to do this, especially since the forum is really low in activity...

Sergeant of Marines 3000 posts, Grand Master SCAPER John7429's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not that hard to get your post counts up
    Dont insult me with your low-balls

Currently running: 300g monster fish, 270g monster fish, 180g monster fish, 180g planted (coming soon!), 75g African cichlid, 7g planted, 6.7g planted,

Reptiles: FRT, Sulcata, Leopard Tortoise, Cuban Rock Iggy

Birds: 1x African grey, 2x double yellow headed amazons, 1x umbrella cockatoo, 1x green cheek conure, 1x halfmoon conure

3x dogs

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Dax
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaticlife View Post
    Are we allowed to sell even if we have lower than 25 post? Don't see any mods regulating the sale section with a lot of people under 25 post, posting for sale. I got some stuff to sell too.

1. SCAPE members are required to have a minimum of 25 (meaningful) posts, or 10 (meaningful) posts if having attended a SCAPE meeting, before being allowed to post items for sale and/or trade in the Tradewinds forum..
    I think there are no restrictions on posting ISO or WTB.

5. Likes John7429 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rules are pretty easy to read and understand. And, for now, they are what we will enforce.
    If you see anything in any part of the forum that needs attention/review, please report it.

Are they due for a revisit? Yes.

Do we want/need more help around the forum with moderators and volunteers? Yes.

Currently running: 300g monster fish, 270g monster fish, 180g monster fish, 180g planted (coming soon!), 75g African cichlid, 7g planted, 6.7g planted,

Birds: 1x African grey, 2x double yellow headed amazons, 1x umbrella cockatoo, 1x green cheek conure, 1x halfmoon conure

3x dogs

SCAPE Member Just Planted Aquaticlife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tiffany
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rules are easy to read and understand. It seems like no one is reading the rules before posting. So even if it's easy it's invalid if people aren't even reading. With many new members just posting for sale the moment they join and action isn't being taken then others are to follow. I believe members/volunteer aren't allowed to say anything according to the "Scape President", only Mods may do so.

8. Thanks John7429 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaticlife View Post
    Rules are easy to read and understand. It seems like no one is reading the rules before posting. So even if it's easy it's invalid if people aren't even reading. With many new members just posting for sale the moment they join and action isn't being taken then others are to follow. I believe members/volunteer aren't allowed to say anything according to the "Scape President", only Mods may do so.
    Policing the forum takes a bit of dedication. We don't have a bunch of moderators at the moment. We rely on folks reporting posts most of the time.

Everyone is allowed a voice as long as things stay civil. Like mentioned before, the best tool to use is reporting a post that violates the rules.

I am the VP. If anyone tells you otherwise, flag me.

I went through and removed a bunch of posts that didn't abide by the rules last week. Hopefully I got most of them.

3x dogs

SCAPE Member Just Planted Aquaticlife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tiffany
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John7429 View Post
    Policing the forum takes a bit of dedication. We don't have a bunch of moderators at the moment. We rely on folks reporting posts most of the time.

Everyone is allowed a voice as long as things stay civil. Like mentioned before, the best tool to use is reporting a post that violates the rules.

I am the VP. If anyone tells you otherwise, flag me.

I went through and removed a bunch of posts that didn't abide by the rules last week. Hopefully I got most of them.

Thank you for your time and effort to making this club better. I hope more mods stay active to continue to help.

11. Thanks John7429 thanked for this post