Roy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Open to All; Tues 11/10; Breeding Egg Scatterers; Randy Carey

Open to All; Tues 11/10; Breeding Egg Scatterers; Randy Carey

Hi All,

The Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (gsas.org) is pleased to invite everyone to our November meeting on Tuesday, November 10th @ 7:00 pm PST. Our November speaker is Randy Carey who will be doing a presentation "Breeding the Scatterers": "Breeding the Scatterers - tetras, barbs, rasboras, Oh My!". The presentation will be on YouTube Livestream: gsas.org/stream

November 10th, 7:00 PM: Randy Carey "Breeding the Scatterers": "Breeding the Scatterers - tetras, barbs, rasboras, Oh My!"

YouTube Open Livestream: gsas.org/stream

Randy Carey is an enthusiastic aquarist and writer. He launched one of the first aquarium sites and authored the first online aquarium blog in the 90s. Randy wrote a quarterly column in TFH magazine (The Art of Characins), traveled to places like the Smithsonian and Amazon to write articles, and was hired to write the book Tetras and Barbs.

Randy's fishroom grew from a few tanks to nearly one hundred -- a portion for display, and a portion for focused breeding. As he transitions into semi-retirement, Randy is spending more time in the fishroom and developing programs for select species.

His presentation will include photos and commentary illustrating the pattern of scattering strategy as practiced by the characins and cyprinids. As the aquarium is ill-suited to the scattering strategy, the focus on the talk is on what the aquarist must do to successfully breed and rear these fish. This is one of the few talks on breeding egg-scatters currently available to aquarium societies, so we hope you will join us for this unique experience!
    Roy_________Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS.org)Aquatic Gardeners Association (AGA)
    75 Gallon, 2X55W AH Supply CF 8800K, 1XFluval F&P 2.0; 45 Gallon Tall, 96Watt AH Supply CF 6700K; 30 Gallon Long; Fluval F&P 2.0; 20 Gallon, 1X26W AH Supply LED; all with CO2 and (Calcined) Montmorillonite Clay

2. Likes Aquaman, Lifted193 liked this post
    SCAPE Member Jr. SCAPEr Lifted193's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    ken
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is awesome, thanks for share and opening the talk to everyone. I'm looking forward to the stream and learning from Randy!

4. Likes Seattle_Aquarist liked this post
    SCAPE Member Sr. SCAPEr Seattle_Aquarist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Roy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

Just a reminder for those that need a 'fishy fix' that the Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS.org) meeting and presentation on Egg Scatterers is tonight @ 7:00 pm (Pacific Time).....here is the link
    open livestream at gsas.org/stream

We are all in this together @Lifted193; hope you enjoy the talk!
    Roy_________Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS.org)Aquatic Gardeners Association (AGA)
    75 Gallon, 2X55W AH Supply CF 8800K, 1XFluval F&P 2.0; 45 Gallon Tall, 96Watt AH Supply CF 6700K; 30 Gallon Long; Fluval F&P 2.0; 20 Gallon, 1X26W AH Supply LED; all with CO2 and (Calcined) Montmorillonite Clay

SCAPE President 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr Kole85's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle_Aquarist View Post
    Hi All,

Just a reminder for those that need a 'fishy fix' that the Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS.org) meeting and presentation on Egg Scatterers is tonight @ 7:00 pm (Pacific Time).....here is the link
    open livestream at gsas.org/stream

We are all in this together @Lifted193; hope you enjoy the talk!
    I hate that I work evenings and miss these lol

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    More Tanks!

SCAPE Member Sr. SCAPEr Seattle_Aquarist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Roy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kole85 View Post
    I hate that I work evenings and miss these lol

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    Hi @Kole85,

Click the link (above) and be pleasantly surprised, the speaker is allowing us to keep it online for a couple of days....enjoy! -Roy