Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tien
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phreeflow View Post
    Not sure how I can get it that low consistently without a chiller but I’ll try. My heater is set low so I should be able to hit those temps this fall and winter but it’s been 3 years and it never made a difference. I’ll try again
    I don't think you need a chiller, just room temp should work. I have shrimps in all of my tanks, none has heater, and my Neos are breeding in all of them. The only reason some has less shrimp than other is because the fish is in the tank and picking off the babies. Note that these tanks are RO remineralized and is kept under 200 TDS. One tank is a 90G outdoor on tap water and I see a berried female the other day, but I don't see it anymore ... maybe fish got to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    dan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phuchuynh92 View Post
    I don't think you need a chiller, just room temp should work. I have shrimps in all of my tanks, none has heater, and my Neos are breeding in all of them. The only reason some has less shrimp than other is because the fish is in the tank and picking off the babies. Note that these tanks are RO remineralized and is kept under 200 TDS. One tank is a 90G outdoor on tap water and I see a berried female the other day, but I don't see it anymore ... maybe fish got to it.
    Well, I see plenty of saddled females, if they donít berry this time around, Iím switching back to bee shrimp if I have to remineralize RO. Thx for all the advice everyone