Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Rick
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Innovative Marine Universal Lid Clips for Rimless Aquariums 5mm

Bought some clips on ebay for my five gallon Aqua Japan so I could put a small glass lid on the tank to keep the fish from jumping out and to protect the light. I've discovered if the waterline touches the clips.....they "wick" the water up and over the side of the aquarium.

Anyone else have this issue?....and if so....anyone have a solution?

The clips go about 3/4" down into the tank...really don't want a 3/4" dead space at the top of my aquarium.

SCAPE Member Sr. SCAPEr aquamaniac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Victor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try cutting them down some at the part that goes down into the aquarium. I haven't had that issue with clips but I have with the glass thermometers that hang on over rim of tanks. I hate those **** thermometers.

SCAPE Member Sr. SCAPEr stormvisions's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Burt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. I am not sure but you might also try a very thin smear of silicone across to see if it acts like a gasket? You could always peel it off if it doesn't work.
    Burt
    Twitter| WattPad
    Disclaimer: I buy on Amazon. A lot. Little stuff. Often. I use the link bar on the product page to generate a short link when I share a product. It's convenient and short. I have an old affiliate account so if you click on one of those links I might earn some money. Last year I earned $4.02! My payment threshold is $100. I'm over 60 years old. I may get that money in the next 15-20 years just in time for adult diapers. If this bothers you don't click on any links to products I post.