Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jonathan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestion for plants for new 10 gallon tank

Finally ready to plant my first tank and would love some advice on what plants to get. Would like to eventually have a really nice carpet and some kind of plant or moss maybe on the rocks as well?

Also if there’s any critiques on my scape please let me know. Just kind of winged it.

Using ADA aqua soil v2 and a fluval 107. No CO2 at this point.

https://imgur.com/a/2aErn4k

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Timmy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest getting more rocks or wood. Possibly search up some youtube video or pictures for more inspirations. I would also recommend to create a high slope from the back of the tank to create depth but entirely up to you. As for plants since you're not using co2 I would rec pearlweed for carpet (will grow tall and need to trim) or dhg (will take a long time to spread unless u do dry start). Fissiden moss, christmas moss, javamoss would all work. Anubias is an easy plant to go for as well hopes this helps (:

SCAPE Member Just Planted GeeBeeH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jonathan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPDTimmy View Post
    I would suggest getting more rocks or wood. Possibly search up some youtube video or pictures for more inspirations. I would also recommend to create a high slope from the back of the tank to create depth but entirely up to you. As for plants since you're not using co2 I would rec pearlweed for carpet (will grow tall and need to trim) or dhg (will take a long time to spread unless u do dry start). Fissiden moss, christmas moss, javamoss would all work. Anubias is an easy plant to go for as well hopes this helps (:
    I'm assuming more rocks/food to take up real estate for easier carpeting? I do have more spider wood and seiryu rocks so that wont be a problem. Ill try a slope from back to front as well to see how I like it. Lastly, thank you for the suggestion on plants.