Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Burt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burt's 75gal build

Well finally got a new tank and going to try something besides my usual unkempt jungle tank. Thanks to @John7429 who traded some stuff with me to make it possible.

This will likely be a very slow build.

For now I have the tank and stand. I picked up a couple snap together free flow garage tiles by racedeck which are supposed to be impact resistant and can handle 80,000 pounds of weight before cracking so thought it might be good to protect the bottom glass from the rocks.

I ordered a Serene Sun and brackets and the background light. I also got some manzanita and petrified wood from manzanita-driftwood.com.

Few more things will I'll mention as I get to work on the hardscape this week.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by stormvisions; 07-21-2020 at 12:43 PM.
    Burt
    Twitter| WattPad
    Disclaimer: I buy on Amazon. A lot. Little stuff. Often. I use the link bar on the product page to generate a short link when I share a product. It's convenient and short. I have an old affiliate account so if you click on one of those links I might earn some money. Last year I earned $4.02! My payment threshold is $100. I'm over 60 years old. I may get that money in the next 15-20 years just in time for adult diapers. If this bothers you don't click on any links to products I post.

2. Likes AquaLyf, aquamaniac liked this post
    SCAPE Member Sr. SCAPEr stormvisions's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Burt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next I am trying something which I hope will work. I purchased some knee high nylon socks on Amazon. Then I got a bag of lava at Home Depot, rinsed it in a strainer and am filling the socks. I am not stuffing them tight as the lava rock is sharp and I imagine it could abrade the socks. Use a 4 or 5" piece of PVC to hold the sock open and put the lava in - again I don't want to tear the threads. Then I knot the end and add a zip tie.

Finally I am starting to stack them. After which I'll put a little substrate, then the hardscape and then the finish later if gravel.

That's the plan anyway. Let's see how it goes.

Last edited by stormvisions; 07-25-2020 at 05:19 PM.
    Burt
    Twitter| WattPad
    Disclaimer: I buy on Amazon. A lot. Little stuff. Often. I use the link bar on the product page to generate a short link when I share a product. It's convenient and short. I have an old affiliate account so if you click on one of those links I might earn some money. Last year I earned $4.02! My payment threshold is $100. I'm over 60 years old. I may get that money in the next 15-20 years just in time for adult diapers. If this bothers you don't click on any links to products I post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Burt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Built it up a bit. Waiting on another box of petrified wood.

Burt
    Twitter| WattPad

5. Likes Jawaeater, drc69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Burt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rock scape is in. No prize winner but ready for some plants this weekend.

Last edited by stormvisions; 08-07-2020 at 08:53 AM.
    Burt
    Twitter| WattPad

7. Likes phuchuynh92 liked this post