Real Name
    Derek
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Looking to Phase Out/Give Away 20-gal Tank

Hello,

I currently have three tanks, two smaller shrimp/invert tanks and a 20-gallon community tank.

I'm wondering how I can most effectively give away the 20-gallon tank and all of its residents/plants. I've had a good time with this tank and it is well established (~1 year old), but we're looking to move to a smaller location in the next few months. As such, I want to start exploring my options and my LFS recommended I reach out on this forum. My dream situation would be for someone to come over, pack up all the plants and fish then take them all away (along with the tank/stand/heater/filter if desired).

I'm not really looking to make any money here, I just want to give away all of the contents to someone who knows more about removing/transport and can actually use them. I also don't want to have to go through the hassle of catching each fish and disassembling the tank myself. I think it's a fair trade to have someone do the work of unloading/transporting in exchange for the free fish/plants/tank/equipment.

Is this totally unusual? I'm honestly reaching out to this community to see how others typically handle this type of situation.

Some (mediocre) pics of the tank in question included below:

IMG_20200611_143106.jpgIMG_20200611_143055.jpgIMG_20200611_143112.jpg

Best,
    Derek

2. Likes phuchuynh92, Snk, dam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kyle B.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM'ed ... Also this isn't unusual. It happens alot with people moving or getting out of the hobby. There is usually one of these posts every 2 months on here.