Real Name
    Romeo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

back into the hobby

hello!

i was part of SCAPE years ago while i was in college. since then, i've gotten a job, got married, and now have a kid. unfortunately, i had to get rid of all of my tanks and livestock from barely having any time to maintain them. we've recently moved to Buena Park and i feel it's a good time to start a new tank. my 1 year old daughter LOVES fish and thought it would be something fun to have her engage with at home. i might not get back to my glory days of having multiple tanks like i used to, but i'd love to just get my arms wet again and create something i can be proud of.

i'm currently looking at the UNS all-in-one tank system. i want to try and minimize things my kid can grab and potentially break lol. is this a good brand or are there cheaper/just as good brands i can go for?

if anyone's around the Cerritos/Buena Park area, i'd love to connect with you guys! i remember i'd have to drive pretty far just to pick up some shrimp or a plant i was looking for. now it looks like there are a lot of people in the hobby just in the neighborhood.

anyways, just thought i'd say hi again. looking forward to when we can have meetings again. cheers!

45228_1424660295235_2858461_n.jpg
    ?The one who asks questions doesn?t lose his way.?

SCAPE Member 1000 posts, Semi-Pro SCAPEr jem_xxiii's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Johnny
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Romeo welcome back to SCAPE! The good news is that there are a lot of SCAPE peeps around OC now. I recently came back into the hobby as well, I checked out the UNS tanks in person at The Reef in Anaheim and fell in love with them. They have some great quality glass and some unique sizes.
    Small Tanks Keeper.

SCAPE President 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr Kole85's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back. Glad to have ya.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    More Tanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Anthony Ragan
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back! I was looking at the UNS tanks at my LFS the other day - really nice. Fluval also makes a nice series of all-in-ones in their Spec line.