Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Burt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worldbuilders

There is a wonderful charity I support as I am able that was created by author Patrick Rothfuss (Name of the Wind). Their 2019 Fundraiser starts tomorrow if anyone is interested. https://worldbuilders.org/ since 2008 they have raised over 9 million with 100% of the money going to help lift people out of poverty. Most of the money comes from readers, writers, gamers and geeks in general. Good people.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Burt
    Twitter| WattPad
    Disclaimer: I buy on Amazon. A lot. Little stuff. Often. I use the link bar on the product page to generate a short link when I share a product. It's convenient and short. I have an old affiliate account so if you click on one of those links I might earn some money. Last year I earned $4.02! My payment threshold is $100. I'm over 60 years old. I may get that money in the next 15-20 years just in time for adult diapers. If this bothers you don't click on any links to products I post.

2. Likes swoof liked this post
    Moderator 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr Nick Shades's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've donated indirectly via purchases of critical role merchandise. Good organization.

SCAPE Member Sr. SCAPEr stormvisions's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Burt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Shades View Post
    I've donated indirectly via purchases of critical role merchandise. Good organization.
    That's good to hear. Yes they are a good bunch.

Burt
    Twitter| WattPad
    Disclaimer: I buy on Amazon. A lot. Little stuff. Often. I use the link bar on the product page to generate a short link when I share a product. It's convenient and short. I have an old affiliate account so if you click on one of those links I might earn some money. Last year I earned $4.02! My payment threshold is $100. I'm over 60 years old. I may get that money in the next 15-20 years just in time for adult diapers. If this bothers you don't click on any links to products I post.

SCAPE Member 5000 posts, Officially addicted to SCAPE! swoof's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ben
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love Patrick's work (literary and other) maybe one day he'll finish that third book.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Burt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swoof View Post
    Love Patrick's work (literary and other) maybe one day he'll finish that third book.
    Me too. He kicks back at people that pressure him but it'll come when he is ready. I remember waiting years between some of Stephen R Donaldson's books in The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant which started in 1977 the year I graduated high school and was only completed about 5 years ago. It was worth the wait for a writer of that caliber.

Burt
    Twitter| WattPad

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ben
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started The Wheel of Time in '92, reading and rereading the books till the final came out in 2013 (6 years after the author passed away and several books having to be co-penned by Brandon Sanderson). I'm not new to having to wait for books.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Burt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started The Wheel of Time in '92, reading and rereading the books till the final came out in 2013 (6 years after the author passed away and several books having to be co-penned by Brandon Sanderson). I'm not new to having to wait for books.
    There you go. Looks like we read some of the same books. I only read the Wheel of Time once and think Brandon did an awesome job on the wrap up.

Burt
    Twitter| WattPad

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ben
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I e read the first 8 between 1 and 8 times each
    Found new things because of what happens in later books each time. It's kind of like watching resident evil one after another a couple times (or star wars) you just notice things and go " OOHhhhhh, makes more sense now."

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Burt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I e read the first 8 between 1 and 8 times each
    Found new things because of what happens in later books each time. It's kind of like watching resident evil one after another a couple times (or star wars) you just notice things and go " OOHhhhhh, makes more sense now."
    That's a lot of re-reading. I've have reread a few books a couple times over the years but never that many rimes.

Burt
    Twitter| WattPad

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ben
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well when you have years between books, and have to wait almost 2 years for the new one to final release. I've read a few of them in 2 or 3 days, without skimming.

SCAPE Member Pro SCAPEr geektom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tom Mays
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like we read a lot of the same books!

I highly recommend the two trilogies by Brian McClellan- and they are complete! So no waiting for years, lol.
    I am an old dog trying to learn some new tricks...

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Burt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geektom View Post
    Looks like we read a lot of the same books!

I highly recommend the two trilogies by Brian McClellan- and they are complete! So no waiting for years, lol.
    If I ever catch up I'll check those out. Heard us name for a while now but never enough time to read them all. Not sure it is just me but recently found so many cool new fantasy and sci go authors and spurred my reading numbers again.

Burt
    Twitter| WattPad

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Dave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I should try to recruit for my tabletop rpg here..
    It's modern, investigative, thriller sandbox type of tabletop.

SCAPE Member Pro SCAPEr geektom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tom Mays
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be down to try that!
    I am an old dog trying to learn some new tricks...