Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Burt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultimate fish lover's gift?

I use to collect fossils as a kid and was poking around and reading about this guy who turned his passion into a business. I got a serious case of the wanna-havvits after looking at some of those fossils and figured some of you might find these to be original gifts too.

https://www.fossilera.com/fossils-for-sale/fossil-fish

107883-4.jpg

www.FossilEra.com-specimen-254-111241-12.jpg

www.FossilEra.com-specimen-254-113276-5.jpg
    Burt
    Twitter| WattPad
    Disclaimer: I buy on Amazon. A lot. Little stuff. Often. I use the link bar on the product page to generate a short link when I share a product. It's convenient and short. I have an old affiliate account so if you click on one of those links I might earn some money. Last year I earned $4.02! My payment threshold is $100. I'm over 60 years old. I may get that money in the next 15-20 years just in time for adult diapers. If this bothers you don't click on any links to products I post.

2. Likes jayo liked this post
    SCAPE Member 1000 posts, Semi-Pro SCAPEr SCas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Cas
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome you like fossils too?! I have 2 of those fish fossils

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SCAPE Member Sr. SCAPEr stormvisions's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Burt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I collected some stuff as a kid but have always thought about trying it again. I found a very cool site http://sharktoothhillproperty.com/ in Bakersfield online. It is $40 for an adult and they have areas designated as 'pay to dig' where you can collect fossils. Lot's of sharks, rays, turtles, fish and the like from the pictures. One thing I read elsewhere is digging around Bakersfield can expose you to 'Valley Fever' so a dust mask or respirator is a good idea if you'll be in the dirt. I am having some health issues with my lungs so not sure I could go unless I had a Darth Vader re-breather of some sort but I am tempted.
    Burt
    Twitter| WattPad
    Disclaimer: I buy on Amazon. A lot. Little stuff. Often. I use the link bar on the product page to generate a short link when I share a product. It's convenient and short. I have an old affiliate account so if you click on one of those links I might earn some money. Last year I earned $4.02! My payment threshold is $100. I'm over 60 years old. I may get that money in the next 15-20 years just in time for adult diapers. If this bothers you don't click on any links to products I post.

SCAPE Member 1000 posts, Semi-Pro SCAPEr SCas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Cas
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stormvisions View Post
    I collected some stuff as a kid but have always thought about trying it again. I found a very cool site http://sharktoothhillproperty.com/ in Bakersfield online. It is $40 for an adult and they have areas designated as 'pay to dig' where you can collect fossils. Lot's of sharks, rays, turtles, fish and the like from the pictures. One thing I read elsewhere is digging around Bakersfield can expose you to 'Valley Fever' so a dust mask or respirator is a good idea if you'll be in the dirt. I am having some health issues with my lungs so not sure I could go unless I had a Darth Vader re-breather of some sort but I am tempted.
    Sounds cool, and yeah wear a mask safety is important

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6. Likes stormvisions liked this post
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr KittyKitsch's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nicole
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the fossils I've found in the Bakersfield area were various marine snails and a scallop.