User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: UNS vs. ADA

  1. #21
    SCAPE Member Just Planted cr9cristiano's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Lakewood
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Omar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet UNS wants to charge ADA prices as a less established company for something by comparison that is inferior however minuscule and in essence is a follower in terms of design and products. But it is what it is. Sometimes it can’t be helped, you get what you can get when it’s available if you need a tank.

  2. #22
    SCAPE President 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr Kole85's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2017
    Location
    91762
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cr9cristiano View Post
    Yet UNS wants to charge ADA prices as a less established company for something by comparison that is inferior however minuscule and in essence is a follower in terms of design and products. But it is what it is. Sometimes it canít be helped, you get what you can get when itís available if you need a tank.
    I do not see UNS as an inferior product, I prefer their tanks over ADA. That company was also started by Hobbyists, Buceplant.com and UNS are the same company. They are members and friends of the club, they frequently post job openings here.
    As far as them trying to charge ADA prices? When is the last time you saw UNS charge $70+ for a diffuser or a piece of glass to feed your fish with? Lol. ADA charges prices that are absurd if you ask me, and it's all because of the branding. There's a reason UNS has grown to what is now in only a few years.

    Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    More Tanks!

  3. Likes Bongox3, swoof, MrBabyMuncher liked this post
  4. #23
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr RyTheScapeGuy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    191
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kole85 View Post
    I do not see UNS as an inferior product, I prefer their tanks over ADA. That company was also started by Hobbyists, Buceplant.com and UNS are the same company. They are members and friends of the club, they frequently post job openings here.
    As far as them trying to charge ADA prices? When is the last time you saw UNS charge $70+ for a diffuser or a piece of glass to feed your fish with? Lol. ADA charges prices that are absurd if you ask me, and it's all because of the branding. There's a reason UNS has grown to what is now in only a few years.

    Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    Well said. I actually laughed real hard at the statement, "UNS is for regular people." UNS has made the hobby attainable for us in the US so Iím always happy to give them props. Don't get me wrong, ADA puts out great products but UNS makes the hobby affordable for US residents while maintaining a sense of "aesthetic"

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  5. Likes swoof liked this post
  6. #24
    SCAPE Member Jr. SCAPEr etane's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2012
    Location
    Irvine CA
    Posts
    86
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    according to this one guy, aquatop and ada are from the same factory

    https://my-boring-life.com/2014/01/0...omment-page-1/

  7. #25
    SCAPE Member Just Planted cr9cristiano's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Lakewood
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Omar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyTheScapeGuy View Post
    Well said. I actually laughed real hard at the statement, "UNS is for regular people." UNS has made the hobby attainable for us in the US so I’m always happy to give them props. Don't get me wrong, ADA puts out great products but UNS makes the hobby affordable for US residents while maintaining a sense of "aesthetic"

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I suppose this can be an agreeable statement, but what sets ADA apart for me is that there is a clear and discerning difference in innovation and desire to produce the most polished product paying attention to usefulness and aesthetic. I don’t see that from uns; Much of which seem like more of the same reiteration of existing brands. But from an option standpoint does allow for another chance to enter the hobby.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •