test test ad

User Tag List

Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Hello From Victorville

  1. #1
    SCAPE Member Just Planted matthewbrian316's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2019
    Location
    San Bernardino
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Matthew
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Hello From Victorville

    Hi Guys Iím Matt and I just broke down my 225g reef tank 72x36x20 I was gonna quit with the tanks but I came across some videos of planted tanks and I kinda wanted to start one I think Iíll start with a smaller tank then go from there, Hoping to learn from you guys and hopefully meet some people in the area


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  2. Likes KeyeNewen liked this post
  3. #2
    SCAPE Member 1000 posts, Semi-Pro SCAPEr sc91006's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SGV
    Posts
    1,446
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Sidney
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Scape, starting small is definitely better. Learn as you go without breaking the bank. Post any questions you may have and if you need equipment post it as well. There are deals to be had, especially if you go the the monthly meetings where there is an auction of everything under the sun.

  4. #3
    SCAPE Member Just Planted matthewbrian316's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2019
    Location
    San Bernardino
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Matthew
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sc91006 View Post
    Welcome to Scape, starting small is definitely better. Learn as you go without breaking the bank. Post any questions you may have and if you need equipment post it as well. There are deals to be had, especially if you go the the monthly meetings where there is an auction of everything under the sun.
    Thank you and I will definitely checkout the meeting I really donít have any idea where to get the plants yet I might try online but I would prefer a local shop or someone local so I can check out there setup too


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #4
    SCAPE President 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr Kole85's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2017
    Location
    91762
    Posts
    2,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Club! Glad to have you here with us. We have a meeting coming up on July 21st at CK Fish World in West Covina, you should come out as this is going to be one of the best and biggest meetings of the year.

    Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    More Tanks!

  6. #5
    SCAPE Member Sr. SCAPEr the.under.ground's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Inglewood
    Posts
    833
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Abel
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome !


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr CPDTimmy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Garden Grove CA
    Posts
    193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Timmy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. We have a Discord Chat where you can interact with some of our members and ask questions. Google Discord and make an account and after doing so this link should add you into our group chat. https://discord.gg/u5zNV5m

  8. #7
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr Swank's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Upland
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the planted side of things

  9. #8
    SCAPE Member Pro SCAPEr sayurasem's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Loma Linda
    Posts
    1,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Raymond
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  10. #9
    SCAPE Member Just Planted matthewbrian316's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2019
    Location
    San Bernardino
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Matthew
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Guys!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    SCAPE Member Sr. SCAPEr stormvisions's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2018
    Location
    Cypress
    Posts
    603
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Burt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could do what my wife and I did with our apartment when we first got married. Didn't have enough to furnish the place so some rooms stayed empty. In other words, since you likely have tank, filter, and lighting (though you may want to verify the spectrum and intensity here on the forums) you could fill the tank with a suitable substrate, maybe get some CO2 set up. then sketch out a long term plan for the tank. Then start with one 'island' in the tank and leave the rest a rolling plain of gravel. As you are able you add the next step, another island or feature and over time fill it in.

    Just saying I would personally not have the self-control to have an empty 225g tank in my house.

    Welcome to the forum. There is a good group here.

    PS: Keep an eye on the monthly meets and the Tradewinds subforum. There are good deals and even free items on there on a regular basis.

  12. #11
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr varanidguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA
    Posts
    395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Shane Wilson
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Apple Valley! Finally someone else up here


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #12
    SCAPE Member Just Planted matthewbrian316's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2019
    Location
    San Bernardino
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Matthew
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stormvisions View Post
    You could do what my wife and I did with our apartment when we first got married. Didn't have enough to furnish the place so some rooms stayed empty. In other words, since you likely have tank, filter, and lighting (though you may want to verify the spectrum and intensity here on the forums) you could fill the tank with a suitable substrate, maybe get some CO2 set up. then sketch out a long term plan for the tank. Then start with one 'island' in the tank and leave the rest a rolling plain of gravel. As you are able you add the next step, another island or feature and over time fill it in.

    Just saying I would personally not have the self-control to have an empty 225g tank in my house.

    Welcome to the forum. There is a good group here.

    PS: Keep an eye on the monthly meets and the Tradewinds subforum. There are good deals and even free items on there on a regular basis.
    Thanks for the welcome! Iím actually just gathering up some equipment now And I had to take out the 225g setup Lol and downgraded to a 60g. But Iím still torn between setting up a nano or just setup the 60g and doing it slowly like you mentioned.

    I have a few pieces saved up for a co2 setup And I think I only need a diffuser or an injector if thatís the right term to get it dispersed to the tank, whatís your method of dispersing Co2 tank injected in the return line or a glass diffuser inside the tank?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. Likes stormvisions liked this post
  15. #13
    SCAPE Member Just Planted matthewbrian316's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2019
    Location
    San Bernardino
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Matthew
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by varanidguy View Post
    Welcome from Apple Valley! Finally someone else up here


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice! I will probably need your help in the future Lol!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. Likes varanidguy liked this post
  17. #14
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr varanidguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA
    Posts
    395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Shane Wilson
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewbrian316 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome! I’m actually just gathering up some equipment now And I had to take out the 225g setup Lol and downgraded to a 60g. But I’m still torn between setting up a nano or just setup the 60g and doing it slowly like you mentioned.

    I have a few pieces saved up for a co2 setup And I think I only need a diffuser or an injector if that’s the right term to get it dispersed to the tank, what’s your method of dispersing Co2 tank injected in the return line or a glass diffuser inside the tank?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For larger tanks, I'm a big fan of inline diffusion (atomizer or reactor).

  18. #15
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr Smilet's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Pacoima
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Victor Morales
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not set up both!
    Just takes time, skill and a bit of money
    I got some co2 tanks if you wanna buy/trade
    Iíll give you a great deal because I couldnít get one when I bought my first tank and now I have 2 spare haha
    I personally use a glass difuser


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #16
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr varanidguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA
    Posts
    395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Shane Wilson
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilet View Post
    Why not set up both!
    Just takes time, skill and a bit of money
    I got some co2 tanks if you wanna buy/trade
    Iíll give you a great deal because I couldnít get one when I bought my first tank and now I have 2 spare haha
    I personally use a glass difuser


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iíve always wondered about that. Using a splitter to run an in-line and in-tank at the same time for say 4 foot and larger tanks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #17
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr Smilet's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Pacoima
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Victor Morales
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was talking about nano and 60g
    Set them both up!
    And too much co2 can be bad
    Thatís why you must get a co2 checker
    I donít wanna be the guy that kills your fish
    Iíve heard in-line are a bit worse due to not enough time for bubble to dissolve but than Iíve also heard the opposite
    Thatís why I went glass diffuser(itís the safer way)



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #18
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr varanidguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA
    Posts
    395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Shane Wilson
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilet View Post
    Was talking about nano and 60g
    Set them both up!
    And too much co2 can be bad
    Thatís why you must get a co2 checker
    I donít wanna be the guy that kills your fish
    Iíve heard in-line are a bit worse due to not enough time for bubble to dissolve but than Iíve also heard the opposite
    Thatís why I went glass diffuser(itís the safer way)



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh yeah Iíve seen that done. Shouldnít be too hard with two separate needle valves. I love using my in-line atomizer. Sure it gives a good mist but it distributes the co2 efficiently, and with good gas exchange (I use a surface skimmer on the canister intake), you can inject a high amount without harming livestock.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •