Thread: Mini Complete Tank?

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added frosted backing, went to The Reef and found this small little piece of wood, still had to cut it to make it fit. White sand and red lava in my garage. Had to chip the lava rock down to tiny little pieces to make it look proportional. Might even have to make it smaller. Thinking about adding buces. My micro anubias still looks too big this tank. Having Duc weed as the floater for the moment. Looks very proportional in this tank!

2. Likes aquamaniac, jayo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Light seemed really bright for it's size. Had to pull out par meter. Think my battery is low so readings might be off. Anyhow it was fun to see. Distance from soil to light = 4 inches. Measured par in a tub of water from this distance. No way the sensor was goin to fit in this tank to provide accurate readings. Three level of light intensity.
    Par reading
    Low = 34
    Medium = 110
    High = 194

Now how to get CO2 in this little thing
    20190701_165008.jpg
    20190701_165036.jpg
    20190701_165045.jpg
    20190701_182529.jpg

Last edited by KeyeNewen; 07-02-2019 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Pictures

4. Likes aquamaniac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added Mini Purple Lamandau up front and Mini Red buces in the back, tied the buces on the lava rocks with fancy flourocarbon fishing line (had a spool laying around in the garage from my fishing days, supposed to be nearly invisible underwater LOL)
    Now on to livestock.

20190701_191751.jpg

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KeyeNewen; 07-03-2019 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Pictures.

6. Likes jayo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Victor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason I can't see the pics on your latest update. Either in tapatalk or on online forum.

Anyways, I was going to suggest you use buse mini coin. Super small leaves that might fit for this size tank and keeps things in proportion.

Last pics with rocks and driftwood looking great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    J.A.Yo... are my initials!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could see the pics earlier, and now they aren't showing up for me. Weird. Too bad, because it looked awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added CO2
    Used a cheap diffuser I had laying around, stuffed it in the sump and put a thin piece of styrofoam on top so it doesn't splash. Don't quite understand why attaching pictures sometimes it is upside down.
    20190702_194506.jpg
    20190702_194723.jpg
    20190702_194817.jpg

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KeyeNewen; 07-03-2019 at 09:41 AM. Reason: pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aquamaniac View Post
    For some reason I can't see the pics on your latest update. Either in tapatalk or on online forum.

Anyways, I was going to suggest you use buse mini coin. Super small leaves that might fit for this size tank and keeps things in proportion.

Last pics with rocks and driftwood looking great!
    Thanks Victor!
    hopefully pictures worked now. I uploaded directly from my phone. My buce mini coin leaves are huge compared to my mini red and mini purple lamandau. Hope you can see it now.

Also CO2 worked! Buces were pearling. Just need to tinker with CO2 level for a bit before adding livestock. I set it at 1bps and within 2hrs the drop checker was green! Most likely will probably have to bring it down some.

Last edited by KeyeNewen; 07-03-2019 at 09:44 AM. Reason: pictures

11. Likes jayo liked this post
    SCAPE Member 5000 posts, Officially addicted to SCAPE! swoof's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ben
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to take in account 1 bps for that small of an amount of water is like running 1000 bps in a 15 gallon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swoof View Post
    You have to take in account 1 bps for that small of an amount of water is like running 1000 bps in a 15 gallon.
    LOL Yup! Never saw buce pearling like that before. Was pretty cool.
    I just wanted to make sure a little glass diffuser would work in the sump without pulling to many bubble and making noise. I guessing when all said and done I should be under 5-8 bubbles per minute. My 3 gallon tanks are about at 18 bubbles per minute. Especially with barely any surface agitation, the CO2 might not even dissipate. Maybe in the future, I can pull some strands of buce moss or mini fissiden from my shrimp tanks and see if it can attach to the wood.

Overall I'm have a lot of fun with this tiny tank. Definitely worth the purchase so far. $45.21 for the tank and another $6.00 for the piece of wood. Everything else was already in my garage.

If anyone has mad skills they could probably change out the white LED for RGB colors. Light is really easy to take apart. I was looking for a way to drill some holes in the plastic and suspend the light higher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Victor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see it and it looks awesome!

15. Thanks KeyeNewen thanked for this post
    SCAPE President 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr Kole85's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And already the tank has duckweed lol, dang stuff is so hard to keep from spreading aint it?
    Tank is looking good man!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    More Tanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kole85 View Post
    And already the tank has duckweed lol, dang stuff is so hard to keep from spreading aint it?
    Tank is looking good man!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Kole! Duckweed can be a pain especially if you have hmf sponge filters like me. Yeah, I added duckweed cause all the other floaters weren't proportional. Will help block the light, for the buce. Buce is about 3 inches from light source. Can't wait to duckweed fill out in this tank actually. Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is one awesome little setup. I've been trying to convince my wife to have one in her office, this one might push her over the top.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    This is one awesome little setup. I've been trying to convince my wife to have one in her office, this one might push her over the top.
    Thanks.
    I bought this planninng on bringing it to work too! My kids think it's cool, so not sure it it will make it to my office. I'm going to modify a big syringe used to flavor inject meat as my water change tool. Will change out metal syringe portion with a small straw. One to two sucks of that should be more than enough. Can use the same thing to add new water back. Will post pictures once I get it to work. Didn't want to use a turkey baster because it tends to drip. With a syringe, water will not drip back. I think this syringe should be able to remove about 100ml at a time. Will confirm later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had some time this long weekend to play with the tank some more. Got the syringe to work with a straw. I'm able to remove about 75ml with each pump, I ended up doing 4 pumps (300ml) for water changes. Use the syringe to add new water in the tank as well. No drip
    Narrowed down CO2 to 3-1/2 bubbles per minute. Added a small ramshorn snail and added a couple strands of buce moss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just some updates on this little tank. I purchased the Jardli CO2 regulator on PrimeDay, added a different metering valve and bubble counter. Using a 74g CO2 disposable cartridge, wanted to keep the CO2 setup as small as possible. Might possible bring this tank to work and leave in my office.
    Tanks been running over a month, just have two babies ramshorn snail in there at the moment. Put two baby PRL and two Bloody Marys in over weekend but they disappeared. Spur of the moment thing when I has doing water changes and had a net in hand. Grabbed the shrimps from the tank next to this one. Sorry no drip acclimation. Hopefully the shrimps are just hiding.

20190729_194730.jpg20190801_162719.jpg