test test ad

User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Super cheap and easy DIY attachment for Python

  1. #1
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr varanidguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Shane Wilson
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Super cheap and easy DIY attachment for Python

    Hey all!

    I did a thing...a super simple thing...that I'm overly proud of. Check out the crappy video lol.


  2. Thanks Bongox3 thanked for this post
  3. #2
    SCAPE Member Pro SCAPEr Bongox3's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Location
    In the land of milk and honey
    Posts
    1,568
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Michael
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a very very cool idea!!! Thank you for the video....

    I especially loved you stepping over your son - too funny!

  4. #3
    Moderator 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr Nick Shades's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    2,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude. That is sick.

    There have always been a couple of things that i never liked about the python l, but this is just awesome. Totally great mod.

    Patent it, and then offer it to python for a 10 cent royalty, and you will have a nice little stipend

  5. #4
    Pew Pew Lazor 5000 posts, Officially addicted to SCAPE! Zenzu's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Dan's Garage
    Posts
    5,928
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    BUCK
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool video, seen these before. Used one before, but only used a 90elbow the T outlet is great! The quick disconnects are awesome. It's not laziness to do things efficiently so you have more time for other things there is an aquascaping video I wanna say called Ghosts. It's a bug tree. In that video the guy uses one of these.
    THE CAKE IS A LIE!

  6. #5
    SCAPE Member 1000 posts, Semi-Pro SCAPEr SCas's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2018
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,082
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Cas
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenzu View Post
    Cool video, seen these before. Used one before, but only used a 90elbow the T outlet is great! The quick disconnects are awesome. It's not laziness to do things efficiently so you have more time for other things there is an aquascaping video I wanna say called Ghosts. It's a bug tree. In that video the guy uses one of these.
    This one?

    https://youtu.be/b6iMMg37DY0

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr varanidguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Shane Wilson
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys! I didnít think that I was the only one who ever thought of this, just wanted to share the idea in case it could help someone else out. The Hook, while Iím sure itís nice, is $20 and it shoots a jet straight down. I wanted to come up with a cheaper alternative that wouldnít risk messing up the substrate.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. Likes Bongox3 liked this post
  9. #7
    SCAPE Member 1000 posts, Semi-Pro SCAPEr SCas's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2018
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,082
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Cas
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by varanidguy View Post
    Thanks guys! I didnít think that I was the only one who ever thought of this, just wanted to share the idea in case it could help someone else out. The Hook, while Iím sure itís nice, is $20 and it shoots a jet straight down. I wanted to come up with a cheaper alternative that wouldnít risk messing up the substrate.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well you definitely succeeded, ill make one of those if i ever get a python

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  10. #8
    Pew Pew Lazor 5000 posts, Officially addicted to SCAPE! Zenzu's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Dan's Garage
    Posts
    5,928
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    BUCK
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one I used was hooked up to a pump in my R/O reservoir 1/2" tubing to 1"2" barbed fitting screwed into threaded PVC slip then just did 90's out.
    THE CAKE IS A LIE!

  11. #9
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr varanidguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Shane Wilson
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenzu View Post
    The one I used was hooked up to a pump in my R/O reservoir 1/2" tubing to 1"2" barbed fitting screwed into threaded PVC slip then just did 90's out.
    Thatís awesome. Iíd love to do RO water but just donít have the space for holding tank and whatnot.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #10
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr KeyeNewen's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Orange
    Posts
    352
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After watching your video I got inspired to dig out some junk in my garage: green tubing & inlet pipe from my Eheim canister, sponge air filter and a little inline ball valve- attached it to my pump for water changes, voila!

    Thank varanidguy!

  13. Likes jayo liked this post
  14. #11
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr varanidguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Shane Wilson
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyeNewen View Post
    After watching your video I got inspired to dig out some junk in my garage: green tubing & inlet pipe from my Eheim canister, sponge air filter and a little inline ball valve- attached it to my pump for water changes, voila!

    Thank varanidguy!
    Awesome! Iím happy to have any sort of positive impact, it makes filming crappy and embarrassing videos worth it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •