Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Abel
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SCas View Post
    The fish was already dead, i didn't kill it to dissect it. I was also trying to see if there where any more dead fish i need to remove from my tank. I only got 2 chilis out which means theres 3 more dead chilis in the tank.

Also about general cure, i was just at an lfs and the guy there said its an antibiotic that doesnt do anything against parasites. He also said theres no point in using it if all the affected fish have died. However he may have been wrong

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    He’s lying. I use general cure all the time for parasites, it even works with salt water. API General cure is a good one. There’s a lot of API medication you can look into. If you can’t tell from the outside (scales) then an internal parasite can be almost anything... sometimes we don’t even know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Cas
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kole85 View Post
    Try some SeaChem Metro

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    Do you mean metroplex? Also i already have general cure. But if the seachem is necessary ill get it

SCAPE President 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr Kole85's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SCas View Post
    Do you mean metroplex? Also i already have general cure. But if the seachem is necessary ill get it

Usually the triple threat is Ich-X, Metro., and Prazi. General Cure has Metro and Prazi in it, but I believe at lower doses. I'll post a link below to the Aquarium Co-Op quarentine medication ritual. Usually when my fish get sick I do Seachem Metroplex, General Cure, and slowly raise the temperature to 85° for a week before turning it back down. The reason I dont use the Ich-X or Nox-Ich 90% of the time is I follow an age old rule thats been around in the hobby since before all these chemicals came out, "Don't put chemicals in your tank unless absolutely needed". People still trip out that I dont use Prime or a dechlorinator on my tap water, I hook a Python to the sink and the water goes straight to the tanks (even shrimp tanks). Ich can be cured with temperature. The lifespan of the Ich parasite is about 3 days and they can't reproduce in water warmer than 85°, keep them from reproducing and the population dies off.
    Here is the link to the youtube video for Aquarium Co-Op: https://youtu.be/LiPsTVtW77I

More Tanks!

SCAPE Member Jr. SCAPEr anthonyt987's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Anthony
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually the triple threat is Ich-X, Metro., and Prazi. General Cure has Metro and Prazi in it, but I believe at lower doses. I'll post a link below to the Aquarium Co-Op quarentine medication ritual. Usually when my fish get sick I do Seachem Metroplex, General Cure, and slowly raise the temperature to 85° for a week before turning it back down. The reason I dont use the Ich-X or Nox-Ich 90% of the time is I follow an age old rule thats been around in the hobby since before all these chemicals came out, "Don't put chemicals in your tank unless absolutely needed". People still trip out that I dont use Prime or a dechlorinator on my tap water, I hook a Python to the sink and the water goes straight to the tanks (even shrimp tanks). Ich can be cured with temperature. The lifespan of the Ich parasite is about 3 days and they can't reproduce in water warmer than 85°, keep them from reproducing and the population dies off.
    Here is the link to the youtube video for Aquarium Co-Op: https://youtu.be/LiPsTVtW77I

How do you get rid of the chlorine? Just fill up buckets and let it sit?

SCAPE President 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr Kole85's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyt987 View Post
    How do you get rid of the chlorine? Just fill up buckets and let it sit?

Nope. Straight from the sink to the aquarium with the hose from the Python, all I do is feel the tank water and then feel the tap water to get them roughly the same temp. I've never used Prime or anything when keeping fish with tap water, even when living in Riverside and Riverside is on the Top 10 list of worst water quality in America TWICE! Once for the city and once for the county lol.

More Tanks!

SCAPE Member SCAPEr ShallowTanker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Cody Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. Straight from the sink to the aquarium with the hose from the Python, all I do is feel the tank water and then feel the tap water to get them roughly the same temp. I've never used Prime or anything when keeping fish with tap water, even when living in Riverside and Riverside is on the Top 10 list of worst water quality in America TWICE! Once for the city and once for the county lol.

LOL

SCAPE Member Pro SCAPEr Bongox3's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Michael
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cas... in the future ask the seller how his/her fish are kept...temp, ph, diet, etc... also ask how long they have housed the fish... be weary of purchasing fish that have “just come in”...Brandon. Peter, and the gents at the Reef are very good about not selling fish just in... upon arrival, they tend to be in the most vulnerable and in a sickly state... Brandon has never sold me a sick fish (dozen of purchases) if the die off was pretty sudden, then something shocked the fish... if you don’t quarantine (which is always best to do) you gotta at least acclimate them a bit more - floating the bag only equalizes the temp... which is not enough...additionally, never add the transport water to your tank...

Lastly, inquire with the seller if the fish are wild caught or farm bred - the same fish may have wildly different water quality needs depending on where they’re from.

I agree with Kole, I avoid adding chem to my tank (except plant fertilizer and black water extract)... I use a combo of tap and R/O... I’ve only prime if I found a dead fish to address possible issues of ammonia.