Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Cas
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stocking ideas

So currently my tank has 2 betta imbellis, beautiful fish and i love them. Except that i never see the male, he found a spot in between the hardscape and some epiphytes. He stays there all day and he barley eats. I want to restock the tank with a different showpiece fish, 1: so ill see the fish, ans 2: i dont feel its good for the betta because he doesn't eat much.

I want to have contrasting color with the fish. I was gonna do chili rasboras with the them because the bettas are blue and the chilis are red. The problem with a red centerpiece fish is that the only really blue nano schooling fish is the axelrodi rasbora and ive heard theyre similar to cardinal tetras in the sense of them dieing off randomly and being touchy to water quality and ph

Then one of my lfs got some samurai gouramis in, and i wanted those. However after reading a bit i found that its best to keep them in groups in a larger tank. In my tank i was only planning on keeping a pair. However if they can still be happy and show off their colors nicely in only a pair then ill get them and go with a small blue schooling fish like axelrodi rasboras or green neons.

My next option is a pair of small blue apisto (im sure kole can help with this one) with chili rasboras. I was thinking borelli, elizabethae, panduro, trifasciata, or agassizii. However i think the agassizii is to large, sadly because theyre the most readily available and blue.

Another option is a small group of sparkling gouramis and chilis. I think this may be the best option because theyre very small, dont predate theyre young, and go with red

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SCas; 05-16-2019 at 11:22 AM.

SCAPE Member Pro SCAPEr geektom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tom Mays
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about Dwarf Gourami?
    I am an old dog trying to learn some new tricks...

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Cas
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geektom View Post
    What about Dwarf Gourami?
    Doesnt interest me

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Cas
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So i got 5 chilis from the meet yesterday, so ill probably go with 4 sparkling gouramis. Even though i want those samurai gouramis i just dont think theyre right for this tank. Id need at least 4 and thats $100. I might cave and get a pair if the lfs still has some. Theyre my favorite looking fish atm

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Cas
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone here have any experience with samurai gouramis? Is it okay to keep them in just a pair