Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tim
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 1st nano

Hi SCAPE ! My first post after years of lurking.
    I picked up a "all-in-one" nano kit by Imagitarium few months ago. Just want to share my experience here.

As you can tell, the back is a built-in sump, and it comes with lid and clip on LED.
    Everything works for me except the light. The LED sits above the sump due to it's short arm, wasting a good chunk of light while the lamp was under powered to begin with.
    Went on amazon, bought a short LED bar, Dwarf Hair Grass (HC ?), Dwarf Baby Tears, Eco Complete, and kicked off with dry start :
    Attachment 24681

After 3 weeks all HC has melted. That's when I realized there was "nothing" in the eco-complete.
    So I upgraded the light, again, LED with blue and red added to the normal white lights. Added plant food by glosso factory, CO2, changed the HC to Monte Carlo.
    Since the Monte Carlos doesn't float as bad as HC I went ahead and flooded instead of waiting to dry start again.

Monte Carlos shown no growth initially, while the dwarf hair grass was doing very good, in fact, too good, because it spreads really fast and took over the front.
    And then, all of a sudden, I think around the 3-4 week mark, the MC took off crazy, and started a battle with the hair grass in front. So here's where I'm at now :
    t2.jpgt3.jpg

Thanks for watching.

Tim

2. Likes jayo, KeyeNewen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Cas
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great