Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neo parameters Tiger Shrimps?

I've been obsessed with shrimps for a while, currently interested in different types of tigers that can handle neocaridina parameters. Currently I only have OERBT that are living in neocaridina parameters in two of my tanka, one is planted & one is just a standard shrimp tank.. Anyone else have much luck with other types of tigers? I've tried Super Tigers but I'm not having much luck- to be fair they are in my hi-tech tank with full EI dosing and CO2 running.

Below are some pictures of my OERBT. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    J.A.Yo... are my initials!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are some nice looking shrimp. I keep thinking I'll get some Tigers and try to acclimate them to neo parameters, but haven't tried yet. How hard is the water you have them in?

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks jayo,

My tap is about 385TDS to sometimes 415TDS so I ended up buying an RO system when I started keeping tanks again.
    I use RO water reminerlize with SaltyShrimp GH/KH water to 150TDS. Actual tank water is 200-220TDS.
    The planted tank in my room I change about 33% water every week since I'm dosing EI lightly and run CO2. My garage tank, I try to remember to change 10% of the water every other week.

Honestly, I haven't checked hardest since I threw them in my two tanks over half a year ago, both tanks has tons of babies. If I had to guess - it's about 3-4KH & 6-8GH. Maybe I'll try and check the KH/GH this weekend.
    I read tangerine tigers, OEBT are able to be kept in neo parameters as well. I hope to get my hands on some red tigers and aura blue tigers with neo parameters soon. Will keep this thread posted.

Quote Originally Posted by jayo View Post
    Those are some nice looking shrimp. I keep thinking I'll get some Tigers and try to acclimate them to neo parameters, but haven't tried yet. How hard is the water you have them in?

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    abe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had TT in neo parameters ph 7.2 tds 220 gh 7-8 kh 4-5. I wish I kept them but sold them all to make the pure red line tank. Im thinking about setting up another tank for them, but I only have one chiller (dedicated to the PRL) and I dont know how they will fair in the summer with the 78+ degree waters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Abe!

aw you had TT and I had PRL, we coulda swapped. Haha.
    I'm just getting tired of having one type of shrimps in my planted display tanks. Want more other types of shrimps in there.
    Still trying to get my PRLs in my bloody mary tank to breed and survive up to adulthood. Bunch of babies and couple more prego PRL mammas right now, crossing my fingers...
    My mosura PRL been "alive" in my yellow goldenback tank but I don't see any pregos mammas...

Quote Originally Posted by ahboram View Post
    I had TT in neo parameters ph 7.2 tds 220 gh 7-8 kh 4-5. I wish I kept them but sold them all to make the pure red line tank. Im thinking about setting up another tank for them, but I only have one chiller (dedicated to the PRL) and I dont know how they will fair in the summer with the 78+ degree waters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    abe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyeNewen View Post
    Hey Abe!

aw you had TT and I had PRL, we coulda swapped. Haha.
    I'm just getting tired of having one type of shrimps in my planted display tanks. Want more other types of shrimps in there.
    Still trying to get my PRLs in my bloody mary tank to breed and survive up to adulthood. Bunch of babies and couple more prego PRL mammas right now, crossing my fingers...
    My mosura PRL been "alive" in my yellow goldenback tank but I don't see any pregos mammas...
    Do you not have problems in the summer with your tigers? All I read are horror stories how tiger colonies get wiped cause of high temps/bacterial infections etc. I found a guy selling TTs that were grown 75 to 80 in the summer and wondering if I should try it. I really regret selling off my colony, but also dont want them all dying cause I couldnt keep them cool enough :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My garage was completed redone a few years back with full insulation and has central air, so that should not be a problem. Last year my garage maintain temperature fine even with the laundry machines in there.