Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Timmy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stormvisions View Post
    Is there a way to link to the discord server from the forums - show the latest threads or users online? If mot then at least a link in the top forum navigation bar. I'm assuming there is a someway to pull the posts as RSS or stuff them in a widget. Lots of good conversations seem to have migrated over there but many forum users would be unaware.
    don't think that would be possible.

SCAPE Member Sr. SCAPEr stormvisions's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Burt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPDTimmy View Post
    don't think that would be possible.
    I just did a quick check and so haven't tested it but there are solutions out there like https://widgetbot.io/ the widget would have to be installed on the server - by the hosting company if you don't have direct access to all the settings and folders. Not sure of hosting situation for forum but in my experience it can be as simple as sending the link to the hosting company and ask if they would install. If they deem it safe any decent host would install.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by stormvisions; 08-19-2020 at 09:50 AM.
    Burt
    Twitter| WattPad
    Disclaimer: I buy on Amazon. A lot. Little stuff. Often. I use the link bar on the product page to generate a short link when I share a product. It's convenient and short. I have an old affiliate account so if you click on one of those links I might earn some money. Last year I earned $4.02! My payment threshold is $100. I'm over 60 years old. I may get that money in the next 15-20 years just in time for adult diapers. If this bothers you don't click on any links to products I post.

Moderator 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr Nick Shades's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would have to check with @CGAR, but I believe this is a tool available through SSH via apt. I am pretty sure our server is Ubuntu.

SCAPE Member Sr. SCAPEr stormvisions's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Burt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, bummer if so. There are some solutions referenced elsewhere but this is my first time looking at Discord. If I have time I may try creating a test Discord server so I can see what can be done - you'd think you could at least get an xml/rss feed from Discord and use something like Antone Roundy's CaRP parser to display it but don't know much about Discord as my first look was when @CPDTimmy mentioned it in this thread.
    Burt
    Twitter| WattPad
    Disclaimer: I buy on Amazon. A lot. Little stuff. Often. I use the link bar on the product page to generate a short link when I share a product. It's convenient and short. I have an old affiliate account so if you click on one of those links I might earn some money. Last year I earned $4.02! My payment threshold is $100. I'm over 60 years old. I may get that money in the next 15-20 years just in time for adult diapers. If this bothers you don't click on any links to products I post.