Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nano Tank inspired by ADA

I watched a video on the ADA website where three different aquascapers each set up a 60 cm tank. I was inspired by Naru Uchida and his use of prominent stones and colorful plants. I have a 45 cm tank and did not have the patience to carpet Monte Carlo so I used Eleocharis Mini TC and hydrocotyle tripartita TC. Im loving the way its growing out. There are stem plants behind the hardscape that I hope will grow out quickly because I have a strong Twinstar E series light, CO2 injection, and EI dosing including iron supplement to get that rich red out of my Rotundifolia. I plan on trimming so I get thick bushiness behind the hardscape and adding CPD then theyll have a lot of places to hide. Ill update every month! Currently stocked with 6 Amanos and 14-16? Blue Neocaridina that I got from a local breeder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes pdfig, KeyeNewen, robmcd liked this post
    SCAPE Member Just Planted hockeygirl882983's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kara
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, this is absolutely stunning!! Definitely would love to see monthly updates on your tank (:

SCAPE Member Just Planted yxngscntst's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeygirl882983 View Post
    Wow, this is absolutely stunning!! Definitely would love to see monthly updates on your tank (:
    Thank you!!! Im hoping it turns out as beautiful as my inspiration (The top pic)

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    George
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late post, but I was browsing through some tanks. Your tank looks very nice and it'll be interesting to see how it fills out. Any updates?

SCAPE Member Just Planted yxngscntst's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the most recent iteration with the sand path somewhat intact. Its become a killifish tank now and the Amano shrimp constantly tear up the path. I stopped focusing on the plant growth so much because the light, fertilization, and CO2 was a lot to fine tune for such a small tank. I removed the CO2 diffuser and Im letting the stem plants grow in the back to provide hiding for my female killifish. I love the hardscape in this one too much to change it but its really starting to mature and my new killies love it.

7. Thanks sc91006 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    George
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice update. Hopefully the plants will grow in well. I know DHG and the reddish colored plants tend to thrive a lot more with CO2. My initial tank had similar colored plants, but never turned red until I got my CO2 situated. I definitely understand though because everything is very sensitive and getting the right adjustment means everything. How much were you running the light and roughly how much were you fertilizing?