SCAPE Member Just Planted CPDTimmy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Timmy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not recommend tongs as their fish is way over price and usually full of disease. Every tank always have a bunch of dead fish and were told by few individuals that the fish they bought their didn't make it. 405 is better and cheaper just know if you bring back a dead fish they will be angry and hostile.

SCAPE Member Just Planted DDTank's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Dennis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aquamaniac View Post

Very colorful little tank.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CPDTimmy View Post
    I would not recommend tongs as their fish is way over price and usually full of disease. Every tank always have a bunch of dead fish and were told by few individuals that the fish they bought their didn't make it. 405 is better and cheaper just know if you bring back a dead fish they will be angry and hostile.
    Good to know. I've read similar reviews re Tongs's fish.

Pew Pew Lazor 5000 posts, Officially addicted to SCAPE! Zenzu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    BUCK
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Scape! Tank looks cool.

Just wanted to cover a couple things. Marimo ball is algae, those will eventually spread in your tank and cause string algae.

It looks like all your stem plants are currently in emersed form. Structure should change as new growth emerges.

It looks like you planted your anubias, it looks like even the rhizome is buried. You're gonna want to make sure the rhizome is above the substrate or else the anubias will die.

You're off to a great start. We hold family friendly monthly meets the next one is not far out of the OC in LB/Lakewood at Nautilus. There is always awesome stuff in the auction.

I wouldn't buy any livestock from 405 you're just asking for trouble. Their shrimp tanks have hydra, planaria, scuds as well as shrimp diseases like the one that causes white worms on the rostrum of the shrimp, muscular necrosis as well as the one that looks like the shrimp is berried. Their fish also carry bacteria, fungus and parasites. The fish and shrimp look cheap now but will either die after spreading whatever they got also killing your other fish/shrimp along with them or thry end up costing even more after all the qt. treatment and meds.
    THE CAKE IS A LIE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Cindy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenzu View Post
    I wouldn't buy any livestock from 405 you're just asking for trouble. Their shrimp tanks have hydra, planaria, scuds as well as shrimp diseases like the one that causes white worms on the rostrum of the shrimp, muscular necrosis as well as the one that looks like the shrimp is berried. Their fish also carry bacteria, fungus and parasites. The fish and shrimp look cheap now but will either die after spreading whatever they got also killing your other fish/shrimp along with them or thry end up costing even more after all the qt. treatment and meds.
    Wow, thank you for the warning! I have never been there before but had planned to make a trip there. Now I know I should avoid it like the plague.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Dennis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanted to cover a couple things. Marimo ball is algae, those will eventually spread in your tank and cause string algae.

It looks like all your stem plants are currently in emersed form. Structure should change as new growth emerges.

It looks like you planted your anubias, it looks like even the rhizome is buried. You're gonna want to make sure the rhizome is above the substrate or else the anubias will die.

You're off to a great start. We hold family friendly monthly meets the next one is not far out of the OC in LB/Lakewood at Nautilus. There is always awesome stuff in the auction.

Awesome. Thanks for the tips and info! I'll work on uncovering the rhizomes.

I'll be at the meeting at Nautilus with my son.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Cas
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im meeting up with somebody at that store soon, will avoid buying anything else

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SCAPE Member Just Planted Mr.PurpleJacket's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Eddie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive been going to 405 for a while now and have not had any issue. Of course I treat and quarantine my stuff before adding them to my tank (That is just healthy tank keeping). I think one just has to be vigilant of what one buys. Now tongs for sure has an ick problem almost all the time and is pricey but not every store is perfect. Visit the store and keep an eyes peel. Dont buy blind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    James
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to scape. Nice set up! Hope to see you at the meet!

"Improvise, Adapt, Overcome" - when I think of hair algae lol

Setups
    - 7.5g Aqua Japan planted
    - 5g UNS 45s CPO tank (in the making).

Instagram @nodeadfish

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Dennis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vlow714 View Post
    Welcome to scape. Nice set up! Hope to see you at the meet!

Thank you! I'll be there!