User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Hi from Irvine

  1. #21
    SCAPE Member Just Planted CPDTimmy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Garden Grove CA
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Timmy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not recommend tongs as their fish is way over price and usually full of disease. Every tank always have a bunch of dead fish and were told by few individuals that the fish they bought their didn't make it. 405 is better and cheaper just know if you bring back a dead fish they will be angry and hostile.

  2. #22
    SCAPE Member Just Planted DDTank's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2019
    Location
    OC
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Dennis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aquamaniac View Post


    Very colorful little tank.
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by CPDTimmy View Post
    I would not recommend tongs as their fish is way over price and usually full of disease. Every tank always have a bunch of dead fish and were told by few individuals that the fish they bought their didn't make it. 405 is better and cheaper just know if you bring back a dead fish they will be angry and hostile.
    Good to know. I've read similar reviews re Tongs's fish.

  3. #23
    Pew Pew Lazor 5000 posts, Officially addicted to SCAPE! Zenzu's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Dan's Garage
    Posts
    5,785
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    BUCK
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Scape! Tank looks cool.

    Just wanted to cover a couple things. Marimo ball is algae, those will eventually spread in your tank and cause string algae.

    It looks like all your stem plants are currently in emersed form. Structure should change as new growth emerges.

    It looks like you planted your anubias, it looks like even the rhizome is buried. You're gonna want to make sure the rhizome is above the substrate or else the anubias will die.

    You're off to a great start. We hold family friendly monthly meets the next one is not far out of the OC in LB/Lakewood at Nautilus. There is always awesome stuff in the auction.

    I wouldn't buy any livestock from 405 you're just asking for trouble. Their shrimp tanks have hydra, planaria, scuds as well as shrimp diseases like the one that causes white worms on the rostrum of the shrimp, muscular necrosis as well as the one that looks like the shrimp is berried. Their fish also carry bacteria, fungus and parasites. The fish and shrimp look cheap now but will either die after spreading whatever they got also killing your other fish/shrimp along with them or thry end up costing even more after all the qt. treatment and meds.
    THE CAKE IS A LIE!

  4. #24
    SCAPE Member Jr. SCAPEr Kyoni's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Garden Grove, CA
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Cindy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenzu View Post
    I wouldn't buy any livestock from 405 you're just asking for trouble. Their shrimp tanks have hydra, planaria, scuds as well as shrimp diseases like the one that causes white worms on the rostrum of the shrimp, muscular necrosis as well as the one that looks like the shrimp is berried. Their fish also carry bacteria, fungus and parasites. The fish and shrimp look cheap now but will either die after spreading whatever they got also killing your other fish/shrimp along with them or thry end up costing even more after all the qt. treatment and meds.
    Wow, thank you for the warning! I have never been there before but had planned to make a trip there. Now I know I should avoid it like the plague.

  5. #25
    SCAPE Member Just Planted DDTank's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2019
    Location
    OC
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Dennis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenzu View Post
    Welcome to Scape! Tank looks cool.

    Just wanted to cover a couple things. Marimo ball is algae, those will eventually spread in your tank and cause string algae.

    It looks like all your stem plants are currently in emersed form. Structure should change as new growth emerges.

    It looks like you planted your anubias, it looks like even the rhizome is buried. You're gonna want to make sure the rhizome is above the substrate or else the anubias will die.

    You're off to a great start. We hold family friendly monthly meets the next one is not far out of the OC in LB/Lakewood at Nautilus. There is always awesome stuff in the auction.

    I wouldn't buy any livestock from 405 you're just asking for trouble. Their shrimp tanks have hydra, planaria, scuds as well as shrimp diseases like the one that causes white worms on the rostrum of the shrimp, muscular necrosis as well as the one that looks like the shrimp is berried. Their fish also carry bacteria, fungus and parasites. The fish and shrimp look cheap now but will either die after spreading whatever they got also killing your other fish/shrimp along with them or thry end up costing even more after all the qt. treatment and meds.
    Awesome. Thanks for the tips and info! I'll work on uncovering the rhizomes.

    I'll be at the meeting at Nautilus with my son.

  6. #26
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr SCas's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2018
    Location
    US
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Cas
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenzu View Post
    Welcome to Scape! Tank looks cool.

    Just wanted to cover a couple things. Marimo ball is algae, those will eventually spread in your tank and cause string algae.

    It looks like all your stem plants are currently in emersed form. Structure should change as new growth emerges.

    It looks like you planted your anubias, it looks like even the rhizome is buried. You're gonna want to make sure the rhizome is above the substrate or else the anubias will die.

    You're off to a great start. We hold family friendly monthly meets the next one is not far out of the OC in LB/Lakewood at Nautilus. There is always awesome stuff in the auction.

    I wouldn't buy any livestock from 405 you're just asking for trouble. Their shrimp tanks have hydra, planaria, scuds as well as shrimp diseases like the one that causes white worms on the rostrum of the shrimp, muscular necrosis as well as the one that looks like the shrimp is berried. Their fish also carry bacteria, fungus and parasites. The fish and shrimp look cheap now but will either die after spreading whatever they got also killing your other fish/shrimp along with them or thry end up costing even more after all the qt. treatment and meds.
    Im meeting up with somebody at that store soon, will avoid buying anything else

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  7. #27
    SCAPE Member Just Planted Mr.PurpleJacket's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Irvine
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Eddie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenzu View Post
    Welcome to Scape! Tank looks cool.

    Just wanted to cover a couple things. Marimo ball is algae, those will eventually spread in your tank and cause string algae.

    It looks like all your stem plants are currently in emersed form. Structure should change as new growth emerges.

    It looks like you planted your anubias, it looks like even the rhizome is buried. You're gonna want to make sure the rhizome is above the substrate or else the anubias will die.

    You're off to a great start. We hold family friendly monthly meets the next one is not far out of the OC in LB/Lakewood at Nautilus. There is always awesome stuff in the auction.

    I wouldn't buy any livestock from 405 you're just asking for trouble. Their shrimp tanks have hydra, planaria, scuds as well as shrimp diseases like the one that causes white worms on the rostrum of the shrimp, muscular necrosis as well as the one that looks like the shrimp is berried. Their fish also carry bacteria, fungus and parasites. The fish and shrimp look cheap now but will either die after spreading whatever they got also killing your other fish/shrimp along with them or thry end up costing even more after all the qt. treatment and meds.
    Ive been going to 405 for a while now and have not had any issue. Of course I treat and quarantine my stuff before adding them to my tank (That is just healthy tank keeping). I think one just has to be vigilant of what one buys. Now tongs for sure has an ick problem almost all the time and is pricey but not every store is perfect. Visit the store and keep an eyes peel. Dont buy blind.

  8. #28
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr vlow714's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Garden Grove
    Posts
    106
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    James
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to scape. Nice set up! Hope to see you at the meet!

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Improvise, Adapt, Overcome" - when I think of hair algae lol

    Setups
    - 7.5g Aqua Japan planted
    - 5g UNS 45s CPO tank (in the making).

    Instagram @nodeadfish

  9. #29
    SCAPE Member Just Planted DDTank's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2019
    Location
    OC
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Dennis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vlow714 View Post
    Welcome to scape. Nice set up! Hope to see you at the meet!

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Thank you! I'll be there!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •