Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    J.A.Yo... are my initials!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugly cherry shrimp

I have an ugly cherry shrimp. I'm sort of fascinated with her - the mix of black/brown/pink blotches always makes me think "disease!" although she is perfectly healthy.

She mostly skulks about in the shadows (as if she _knows_).

What do you guys think?

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes stormvisions liked this post
    Pew Pew Lazor 5000 posts, Officially addicted to SCAPE! Zenzu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    BUCK
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's unique and extremely pretty in comparison to run of the mill cherries.
    THE CAKE IS A LIE!

SCAPE Member SCAPEr stormvisions's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Burt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually really like this. At least to me in this image it almost looks like a plum color.

health-benefit-plum-stone-tree-fruit-produce-diet-eat-food-nutrition-spry.jpg

SCAPE Member Pro SCAPEr geektom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tom Mays
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get her with some blues and maybe you can get some purple shrimp.
    I am an old dog trying to learn some new tricks...

SCAPE President 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr Kole85's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats an awesome looking shrimp. I have been keeping shrimp for over a year and half and have many different colors of neos and have only had 1 offspring pop up looking different from the parents.....I introduce you to the only bloody mary rili I have ever seen lol. Picture quality isnt very good cuz the dang shrimp never gets close to the glass lol.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    More Tanks!

7. Likes jayo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    J.A.Yo... are my initials!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been keeping shrimp for over a year and half and have many different colors of neos and have only had 1 offspring pop up looking different from the parents.
    Huh. I got 20 shrimp from DiscoFan a year ago (almost!), a mix of cherry shrimp, Bloody Marys, and a pure-black shrimp. I culled down to the best three males (including a very dark bloody mary and the black shrimp, which sadly died early but I think has impacted the gene pool), let the rest of them breed, and I've gotten all kinds of weirdos. Tons of rili shrimp pop up (I keep culling them, hoping to get more solid colors), several blu-ish brown-ish rilis, a couple yellowish shrimps, no more pure black but I have a lot of reddish-blackish shrimp, a few reddish-brown ones, lots and lots of transparent shrimp in the first generation, etc (in the subsequent generation, I'd say I'm down to 'lots' of transparent shrimp, LOL, from very nice solid parents). This ugly one is one-of-a-kind (the photo doesn't do justice to it's ugliness - it kind of looks like the carapace got loose in some places and someone thinly smeared pepto-bismol underneath in blotches, only the carapace is cloudy). It's been really interesting (thanks, DiscoFan!). Of course, I'm mainly trying to stabilize a nice red line. Once I have it, I'm sure I'll then wish I got the weirdos again. Such is life!

I guess the moral of the story is, mix lines, and you'll get a big mess, including some interesting shrimps.