Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    David Webster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi from Glendora

Just moved here recently from Massachusetts. Retired after a stroke last year. Have had many set ups over the past 30 years including a small pond with koi and a 170 gal bow front among many others. Only recently discovered the beauty of planted aquaria (Takashi Amano) and tried my hand at it with the 170 with mixed results. Hoping to learn the latest in equipment, techniques, etc. from the group. I brought a few items here, couple of CO2 tanks, some filters (wish I had brought more) and plan on going to the meet on Jan 20 looking to buy a tank and some other equipment to get going again. Happy I found this group and look forward to meeting some like minded geeks and aqua nerds.
    Dave

2. Likes stormvisions liked this post
    SCAPE Board Member Pro SCAPEr Kole85's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    Just moved here recently from Massachusetts. Retired after a stroke last year. Have had many set ups over the past 30 years including a small pond with koi and a 170 gal bow front among many others. Only recently discovered the beauty of planted aquaria (Takashi Amano) and tried my hand at it with the 170 with mixed results. Hoping to learn the latest in equipment, techniques, etc. from the group. I brought a few items here, couple of CO2 tanks, some filters (wish I had brought more) and plan on going to the meet on Jan 20 looking to buy a tank and some other equipment to get going again. Happy I found this group and look forward to meeting some like minded geeks and aqua nerds.
    Dave
    Hey Dave, welcome to the club! Glad to have you here with us. How do you like southern California so far? Must be quite the change from Massachusetts. Would love to see some pictures of your past set ups if you have any.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    More Tanks!

4. Likes webby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    J.A.Yo... are my initials!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! You're near my absolutely favorite donut shop - Donut Man. Make sure you check out their fresh strawberry donuts once they're in season (probably around may).

6. Likes webby liked this post
    SCAPE Member Just Planted Obant's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    David D.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the club, Dave from another Dave. I'm right in your neck of the woods too (im In Covina, on the Glendora, San Dimas borders). Hope you enjoy it here in Scape and in southern California.

Check out CK fish world in West Covina if you haven't yet, they're the best place around and specialize in planted and nano tanks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SCAPE Member Just Planted webby's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    David Webster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    going to CK tomorrow. also plan on going to the meet up on Jan 20 - are you going? maybe we can car pool

Pew Pew Lazor 5000 posts, Officially addicted to SCAPE! Zenzu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    BUCK
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey David, Welcome to the forum, there's a great group of people here. You're lucky enough to live near CK, that's a premier store for Scape and I would honestly say the best all around store in all of California. Peter and his staff are second to none.
    THE CAKE IS A LIE!

SCAPE Member SCAPEr stormvisions's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Burt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you landed in just the right spot. Welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    David Webster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jayo View Post
    Welcome! You're near my absolutely favorite donut shop - Donut Man. Make sure you check out their fresh strawberry donuts once they're in season (probably around may).
    IMG_2046.jpgtook this a couple of years ago when I was here with then gf and now wife

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    J.A.Yo... are my initials!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMG_2046.jpgtook this a couple of years ago when I was here with then gf and now wife
    Now I'm hungry, thanks a lot!

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Victor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard Dave!

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    going to CK tomorrow. also plan on going to the meet up on Jan 20 - are you going? maybe we can car pool
    I posted about an Inland Empire / San Gabriel Valley area carpool in the organizing thread for the meet on the 20th.

What size tank are you looking to acquire? So far I don't have any takers but I drive a modestly sized car so it'd have to be just us if you are looking for something larger than a 30G.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    David Webster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks Chris, I'm a huge long time NE Pats fan (just moved here from Foxboro) and can't miss Sunday's game in KC so unfortunately I'm going to pass on the meet. Very disappointed about that but . . .
    also I got a 40 G tank from Nolan's Aquarium in Santa Ana - although he has no plants, he's got a ton of awesome African cichlids, which I had kept in the past. his business is mostly internet sales so I doubt many here have heard of him, but he was a quality guy to deal with and has great healthy looking cichlids.