Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Burt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for Work

I'm just floating this in case anyone knows of anything where they work. Things at work are lumpy and I'm not happy. Not planning on leaving unless I can find a pretty good fit.

I will be 60 in a couple of months. Probably looking for work in a small to a mid-size company who needs a versatile guy. Not interested in heavy phone work or sales.

Needs to be $65,000 or more per year. Reasonable distance from 90630 - I don't mind driving just don't want to drive 4-5 hours round trip to work - that is life bleeding away.

Here is my LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/burtabreu/

I am not a graphic design expert but am 'expertly graphics savvy'

Samples

I currently create magazine ads, trade show material, pamphlets, labels and other documents and artwork for the company I work for. Heavy Photoshop skills, some liter skills in Flash (now Adobe Animate), lite Illustrator, SketchUp and so on. I say lite because I don't get to use them often -sometimes a year or more between significant work- and you forget things, the program updates etc but I am graphic savvy and can work many graphics programs with some warm-up time. I've done videos, and Powerpoints, written articles, tutorials, product reviews and ad copy (even some poems and short stories but that isn't relevant here).

I am the tech guy at this small company. I manage the website, templates/design. I handle the SEO, as well as some basic Constant Contact mailings, the social media sites and Google Adwords. I am a trench warfare guy when it comes to HTML and CSS - meaning no formal training with responsive design and the like but I have designed many basic sites over the years and have been responsible for all the modifications, styling, graphics, content writing, and even some lite code hacking for abrusa.com, allfrom1supply.com, and other sites I have managed. So ask me to design a responsive site from scratch -no. Ask for a website, templates, modifications I can get it done but experts looking at the code might say 'why didn't he use protocol XYZ, or method ABC' so that's what I am a trench warfare guy. Most smaller companies just need it done. Big companies have IT departments and hire guys with all types of certifications.

I handle the simple network, backups, VoIP, software updates and pretty much anything else no one can figure out.

So I don't want to claim to be an 'expert', but I am a professional, responsible, hard-working and a useful guy to have around.
    Last edited by stormvisions; 12-28-2018 at 09:09 AM.