Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orlando, FL Suggestions

Ok....so even though I have known about the trip for over a month now I haven't wanted to ask this question because it hasn't QUITE seemed like it was real until a couple of days ago.
    I will give a little background first....How many of you like Frito-Lay? Doritos, Funions, Fritos, or ANY of their other brands??? If you do, then you probably saw the promotion they have had during the football season called "They Score, You Win". Pretty much whenever you buy a bag of their chips you take a picture of the bar code and send it in for little prizes like a free order of breadsticks at Pizza Hut if the team they assign you wins that week. BUT, what it says in the fine print is whats REALLY important. EVERY time you enter the contest it gives you 1 drawing for the Weekly GRAND Prize the specific week you entered (like tickets to the Pro Bowl or the Super Bowl). Well......LONG STORY SHORT.......my girlfriend WON us tickets to the 2019 NFL Pro Bowl Game in Orlando, FL, Round Trip Airfare for 2, 4 nights hotel stay, PreGame party Tickets, Gift baskets (they asked us who our favorite team was, hat size, and shirt size), AND $750 spending cash DURING the Trip!!!! Jealous yet? Lmao!
    My question to you fine people is: What should I do the 3 days in Orlando before the Pro Bowl Game? Any really cool clubs you suggest? Any AMAZING restaurants (Besides Charlie's Steak House) you recommend? Any "To Die For" aquarium shops that I HAVE to visit to spend some of that $750 on? Lol.
    Let me know what you guys think, I have never been on the east coast. The furthest I have been was New Orleans when I was like 5 years old.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kole85; 12-23-2018 at 03:05 AM.
    More Tanks!

2. Likes stormvisions, KeyeNewen liked this post
    Pew Pew Lazor 5000 posts, Officially addicted to SCAPE! Zenzu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    BUCK
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Bongox3 I know Mike would have some suggestions he and his wife went to FL last year he sent me pics of a shop with really nice raised cement ponds. I would say Universal Studios, Disney World/Epcott Center for your typical touristy stuff, There are marsh lands all over and aquatic plant farms. I am told there are several large fish stores to visit, however I know nothing as I have not gone to any of them or plan to go anytime soon.
    THE CAKE IS A LIE!

SCAPE Member Pro SCAPEr Bongox3's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Michael
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll try and get you the name of the place I visited... not much for plants, but it was pretty incredible seeing various new world and old world cichlids, tetras, etc thriving in the humidity and warm water...they were kept outdoors in large cement pools - totally worth looking at...I believe it was more towards Miami, but it was a few years back so I’ll have to double check... if u can make it to Key West, eat by any the dock and you’ll be able to watch huge saltwater fish swimming by in large numbers (people were’nt friendly to Melisa and I, but that’s a story for another time)... I’m sure I have some images saved, I’ll try and dig em up once home tonight...

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Victor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You lucky dog! Enjoy your free vacation. I donít have any specific recommendations although I have been to Florida northern part then the southern obviously. I always say get lost and get what you can get into. Itís the best way to enjoy a new area. But obviously keep it safe and have a lot of fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCAPE Member SCAPEr stormvisions's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Burt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lived in Florida for 10 years but since I've been in California since 2000 my information would be irrelevant. I did go a bit ago for a trade show and took my son so he could see the Harry Potter Wizarding World thing and he loved it. I also remember there being a lot of seaquariums of various sizes scattered about. Have fun.

SCAPE Member Just Planted KorAquatics's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kory Franco
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, thatís awesome! Visit gator land, you can hold baby gators

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCAPE Member Just Planted Swank's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Now that's some crazy luck your lady has. I've never been outside of the airport, but if I got to stay in Florida it's definitely a Sea World / Universal Studios / Disney World kind of trip. Probably dedicate a day for some tarpon fishing.