Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jesus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CO2 system Question

SO i got a uns min CO2 system with a paint ball tank adapter but ever time i but the adapter on it shots out CO2 ?

Moderator 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr Nick Shades's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dreaded adapter leak.

So, when you say it shoots out, is it shooting out non stop, or if you tighten it up, it stops?

The check valve has a bar stop that ussually protrudes on the pb canister, and if you put it in and begin to thread it usually does start to flow, but once you get it locked in, it should hold fast.

Some of the adpaters need the yellow ptfe (teflon tape) to be put on the threads (just the threads). They're not SUPPOSED to work in this way, but it does occasionally happen.

Please take and submit pictures, 2 each of the side and top/bottom of each. It might help us sort out what could possibly be missing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jesus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CO2 system Question

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Shades View Post
    The dreaded adapter leak.

So, when you say it shoots out, is it shooting out non stop, or if you tighten it up, it stops?

The check valve has a bar stop that ussually protrudes on the pb canister, and if you put it in and begin to thread it usually does start to flow, but once you get it locked in, it should hold fast.

Some of the adpaters need the yellow ptfe (teflon tape) to be put on the threads (just the threads). They're not SUPPOSED to work in this way, but it does occasionally happen.

Please take and submit pictures, 2 each of the side and top/bottom of each. It might help us sort out what could possibly be missing.

Thanks this helped ended up getting it. but question if this if good area for CO2 diffuser?

Moderator 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr Nick Shades's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two common places make the best site for co2.

The place that can best be hidden, and the place that gets the most spread/flow from your filter return.

I prefer function over form, so I tend to just put it right at the return.