User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: First Ever Scape!!

  1. #1
    SCAPE Member Jr. SCAPEr Chuy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2018
    Location
    San Juan Capistrano
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jesus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    First Ever Scape!!

    Hello Fellow Scaper, join me as of today on my journey on my first scape. If it wasnít for your guys advice i probably would be clueless and so lost right now. I truly appreciate the replies that I've gotten including the advice. Just wanted to let you guys know ill be updating this thread as the tank develops. Well here are the fine details of this set up listed below.
    -Tank: AquaTop 3.5 gallon (not exactly sure on gallons)
    -Filter: Polar Aurora Canister filter 265gph
    -Outflow: Jardli Glass lily pipe mine
    -Inflow:jardli glass mini (with sponge at end)
    -CO2 Kit: UNS mini single regulator (Paint ball adapted)
    -Substrate: UNS controsoil black extra fine
    -Wood: Spider wood
    -Rocks: Main Dragon Stone, A little peace Bontique Seiryu stone, Black Lava rock(filler).
    -Plants: Chritmas Moss(TBA), Micranthemum Micrathemoides(TC), Bucephalandra Kedagang Japan(TC), Nymphaea Tiger Lotus, Bucephalandra (TC), Eleocharis Parvulus Dwarf Hair Grass Mini(TC), Ledwigia Pepens,
    - Twinstar C300
    Last edited by Chuy; 11-25-2018 at 07:30 PM.

  2. #2
    SCAPE Member Jr. SCAPEr Chuy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2018
    Location
    San Juan Capistrano
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jesus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    First Ever Scape!!

    Before
    Last edited by Chuy; 11-15-2018 at 06:30 PM.

  3. #3
    SCAPE Member Jr. SCAPEr Chuy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2018
    Location
    San Juan Capistrano
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jesus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Likes vanthuyet1990 liked this post
  5. #4
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr vanthuyet1990's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hawthorne
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tim
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the tank. However, I think it might be too small for the tiger lotus, maybe some more buce and anubias nana petite would make it look better. Btw, where did you guy the tank? I'd want to get one like that. Thanks

  6. #5
    Moderator 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr Nick Shades's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    2,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a very interesting centerpieces of wood.

    Great first scape.

  7. #6
    SCAPE Member Jr. SCAPEr Chuy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2018
    Location
    San Juan Capistrano
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jesus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vanthuyet1990 View Post
    I like the tank. However, I think it might be too small for the tiger lotus, maybe some more buce and anubias nana petite would make it look better. Btw, where did you guy the tank? I'd want to get one like that. Thanks
    Tanks on the little fid bit. might just check it see if it will work or will switch to another smaller water lilly. Got a lil buce but hope to get more. Got the tank at Sand Bar Pet shop.

  8. #7
    SCAPE Member Jr. SCAPEr Chuy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2018
    Location
    San Juan Capistrano
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jesus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I truly enjoy this center peace so much potential if id re-scape.

  9. #8
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr the.under.ground's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Inglewood
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Abel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add more buce and anubias in between the rocks and the wood so you can kinda cover the ďtrunkĒ maybe add hair grass on the little hill? Thatís what I would do! Either way it looks nice, that wood is super sick, itís unique haha maybe instead of the lotus, maybe add sp Japan? I have some if you can pick up by 90304


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    SCAPE Member Jr. SCAPEr Chuy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2018
    Location
    San Juan Capistrano
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jesus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the.under.ground View Post
    Add more buce and anubias in between the rocks and the wood so you can kinda cover the “trunk” maybe add hair grass on the little hill? That’s what I would do! Either way it looks nice, that wood is super sick, it’s unique haha maybe instead of the lotus, maybe add sp Japan? I have some if you can pick up by 90304


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Definitely will be getting more buce in the future. Just want to make sure i can hand this load of plants before adding more. Might take you up on that offer of sp japan if you'll be attending the potluck.
    Last edited by Chuy; 11-15-2018 at 11:09 PM.

  11. #10
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr the.under.ground's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Inglewood
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Abel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuy View Post
    Definitely will be getting more buce in the future. Just want to make sure i can hand this load of plants before adding more. Might take you up on that offer of sp japan if you'll be attending the potluck.
    Naaaa I wonít ( I can hold it for you whenever youíd like tho Iím always trimming anyways lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #11
    SCAPE Member Jr. SCAPEr Chuy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2018
    Location
    San Juan Capistrano
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jesus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the.under.ground View Post
    Naaaa I wonít ( I can hold it for you whenever youíd like tho Iím always trimming anyways lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks! Much appreciate on the advice and ideas too


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #12
    SCAPE Member Jr. SCAPEr Chuy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2018
    Location
    San Juan Capistrano
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jesus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    First Ever Scape!!

    Just add some touches to the scape. Which are the Christmas moss on the peace of wood and a couple of rocks attached with it also. But the real big change is the twinstar c300 I finally got in today.




    Also seeing some growth in the pearl weed.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chuy; 11-19-2018 at 10:37 PM.

  14. Likes Aquaman liked this post
  15. #13
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr the.under.ground's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Inglewood
    Posts
    426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Abel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good! I suggest you move your co2 diffuser right under the outflow, personally itís kind of a distraction seeing the co2 tube right in the center by that wood. Other than that everything looks good! Are you trying to do a carpet effect?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #14
    SCAPE Member Jr. SCAPEr Chuy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2018
    Location
    San Juan Capistrano
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jesus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the.under.ground View Post
    Looking good! I suggest you move your co2 diffuser right under the outflow, personally itís kind of a distraction seeing the co2 tube right in the center by that wood. Other than that everything looks good! Are you trying to do a carpet effect?

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks on the suggestion definitely will be moving the diffuser next water change. Thatís my on the pearl weed to make it carpet but Iím not gonna give it a trim till another week or if I see significant growth.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #15
    SCAPE Board Member Pro SCAPEr Kole85's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2017
    Location
    91762
    Posts
    1,774
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tank is looking good man, I like the layout and cant wait to see it all nice and bushy.
    I do have one suggestion that I am surprised noboy has mentioned. I went back up and read your list of plants.....Echinodorus Hadi Red Pearl, a type of Amazon Sword. Although it is a slow grower, it is going to grow WAY TOO BIG for a 3.5 gallon tank. That plant grows too big for even my 29g. Just wanted to let you know early before it roots heavy in the tank and becomes harder to remove, check out some of the pictures on google.
    If you are looking for a decent plant to replace to still keep some color in the tank you can try A.R. Mini (the variegated version has been popping up lately and is gorgeous), or some Staurogyne Purple which turns purple under the right conditions.

    Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kole85; 11-20-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    More Tanks!

  18. #16
    SCAPE Member Jr. SCAPEr Chuy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2018
    Location
    San Juan Capistrano
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jesus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kole85 View Post
    The tank is looking good man, I like the layout and cant wait to see it all nice and bushy.
    I do have one suggestion that I am surprised noboy has mentioned. I went back up and read your list of plants.....Echinodorus Hadi Red Pearl, a type of Amazon Sword. Although it is a slow grower, it is going to grow WAY TOO BIG for a 3.5 gallon tank. That plant grows too big for even my 29g. Just wanted to let you know early before it roots heavy in the tank and becomes harder to remove, check out some of the pictures on google.
    If you are looking for a decent plant to replace to still keep some color in the tank you can try A.R. Mini (the variegated version has been popping up lately and is gorgeous), or some Staurogyne Purple which turns purple under the right conditions.

    Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    Thank you on that note. I guess Iíll have to through it in the my Betta fish bowl I have till we have the next meet. Iíll be donating them I got 3-4. Iíll be doing more research on the plants that you recommended to see if there a possible option for this tank.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #17
    Moderator 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr Nick Shades's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    2,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Throw it up for a buck at the next meet and it will generate.

  20. #18
    SCAPE Member Jr. SCAPEr Chuy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2018
    Location
    San Juan Capistrano
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jesus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Shades View Post
    Throw it up for a buck at the next meet and it will generate.
    Definitely. How may I put it on there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #19
    SCAPE Member Jr. SCAPEr Chuy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2018
    Location
    San Juan Capistrano
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jesus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    First Ever Scape!!

    Update: So To keep this short I just added red mini buce. Dwarf hair grass, and some live stock being 15 blue diamonds plusís quite some babyís.

    Got a lot, anticipating that Iíd lose some. Since Iíve been told Iíll get High morality rates since Iím using tap in the tank. Iíve lost 3 as of the 3rd day. Also doing 25% RO Water changes because of that.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chuy; 11-25-2018 at 11:19 PM.

  22. Likes Aquaman liked this post
  23. #20
    SCAPE Member Jr. SCAPEr Chuy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2018
    Location
    San Juan Capistrano
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jesus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    First Ever Scape!!


    Lol seems like one tank turned to 4 tanks, real quick.

    Well here for some input in plant recommendations, that you think will make a good fit. Shoot your ideas. Maybe itíll make it in the final scape.

    Want to get the creative ideas going on top of what i thought so far.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •