Real Name
    Alex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guppy Breeders

Hi everyone!

I've recently been looking into a lot of guppies. I was wondering if there are hobbiests that breed guppies around here? Can I see pictures of the guppies you guys have? I want to eventually start a pure strain guppy tank but i want to see what you guys have. My favorite line right now is German White Tuxedo Pastel Guppies!

2. Likes vanthuyet1990 liked this post
    Water is Life 5000 posts, Officially addicted to SCAPE! Zenzu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Carlo
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    COAST Fish club has a few pure guppy breeders. I don't know of any "Pure Guppy Breeders" in Scape, but many of us keep and breed Guppy/Endler/Hybrids.

4. Likes khuuala liked this post
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr vanthuyet1990's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tim
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep dark blue/midnight moscow and albino koi guppies. I aslo keep pure strain endlers like mint top sword, bluestar, el tigre

6. Likes khuuala liked this post
    SCAPE Member Just Planted amcgough0930's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Alex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khuuala View Post
    Hi everyone!

I've recently been looking into a lot of guppies. I was wondering if there are hobbiests that breed guppies around here? Can I see pictures of the guppies you guys have? I want to eventually start a pure strain guppy tank but i want to see what you guys have. My favorite line right now is German White Tuxedo Pastel Guppies!
    I just got into guppies and am keeping Platinum Mosaic Dumbo ears

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

8. Likes khuuala liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    abe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got some Adrian HD pure Mint Top Sword Endlers from Carlo and they are breeding like crazy right now. Saw 1 fry last week and now there are about 7-8.

InActive SCAPE Member SCAPEr ddinox64's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Dean
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to a fish store and buy a couple dollars of feeders. Then pull out some that look like they may have some good traits like long tails or fins or some that have a nice color. As they breed keep pulling aside the nicer of each batch . Then a month or two later go get some more feeders this way you aren't or possibly aren't getting the same strain. Pull out the ones that again look like they have good color or tails and fins. And mix those with the others you already have and before long you are making your own custom guppies. Its fun for boys and girls. Oh wait, that's Slinky.

SCAPE Member Just Planted khuuala's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Alex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinox64 View Post
    Go to a fish store and buy a couple dollars of feeders. Then pull out some that look like they may have some good traits like long tails or fins or some that have a nice color. As they breed keep pulling aside the nicer of each batch . Then a month or two later go get some more feeders this way you aren't or possibly aren't getting the same strain. Pull out the ones that again look like they have good color or tails and fins. And mix those with the others you already have and before long you are making your own custom guppies. Its fun for boys and girls. Oh wait, that's Slinky.
    Yeah, I was considering doing that too. I just don't know where I would put the guppies that I culled. Right now I have a bunch of random fry because I have some assorted fancy guppies

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Dean
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khuuala View Post
    Yeah, I was considering doing that too. I just don't know where I would put the guppies that I culled. Right now I have a bunch of random fry because I have some assorted fancy guppies
    Ever hear of fish mulch?
    One problem with all the tilapia people. They're growing more than they want and there are hundreds of them trying to sell them with no buyers. So they're dumping the in city park lakes and storm drains and where ever they can, which is illegal and ruins any ecosystem they do it in, because they don't want to kill them. They're fish, cheap ones and are excellent fertilizer for plants. Dig a hole next to a plant and dump them in and bury them. Then watch that plant turn green and become a happy camper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    dan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guppy Breeders

Quote Originally Posted by ddinox64 View Post
    Ever hear of fish mulch?
    One problem with all the tilapia people. They're growing more than they want and there are hundreds of them trying to sell them with no buyers. So they're dumping the in city park lakes and storm drains and where ever they can, which is illegal and ruins any ecosystem they do it in, because they don't want to kill them. They're fish, cheap ones and are excellent fertilizer for plants. Dig a hole next to a plant and dump them in and bury them. Then watch that plant turn green and become a happy camper.
    Yikes man, are you telling him to bury his spare guppies alive? That’s for sure better than letting them loose in local waters but that’s harsh. At least use them as feeders. I have a pet puffer in a spare tank that gets all the shrimp and fish culls. Or if you really want “fish mulch,” use some clove oil and euthanize then first. If I ever used fish mulch, the raccoons in my neighborhood would tear up my yard. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Dean
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phreeflow View Post
    Yikes man, are you telling him to bury his spare guppies alive? That’s for sure better than letting them loose in local waters but that’s harsh. At least use them as feeders. I have a pet puffer in a spare tank that gets all the shrimp and fish culls. Or if you really want “fish mulch,” use some clove oil and euthanize then first. If I ever used fish mulch, the raccoons in my neighborhood would tear up my yard. lol
    I thought I mentioned that he could put them on CL or OU for free to people as feeders. Appears I didn't.
    If you bury them quick enough you don't hear their little screams of help. He could also set up another tank with fish that will eat them so now he'd have two tanks.