User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: SCAPE MEET @ SandBar Pet Shop Saturday Nov 10

  1. #1
    Admin 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr CGAR's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tashirojima
    Posts
    2,479
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    SCAPE MEET @ SandBar Pet Shop Saturday Nov 10

    SandBar Pet Shop
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-sand-ba...ndBar+Pet+Shop

    25571 Marguerite Pkwy #1-J,
    Mission Viejo, CA


    Saturday November 10th, 12:30pm


    RSVP HERE

    We now accept credit cards for auction orders $20 and up. Cash only for attendance fee of $5.
    PLEASE bring $1 or $5 bills as we need them for change.

    New Members: Please register on this website for attendance and auction participation: http://scapeclub.org/auct





    **IMPORTANT**

    Please read the following notice of club meeting/event RSVP policies.


    Reason for the Rules:

    Meeting Host's Time, Money and Efforts are being wasted when members/guests who RSVP do not attend.

    Club funds are lost/used up on members/guest who RSVP and do not attend.


    Procedures:

    Meeting information thread will be opened prior to the RSVP thread to inform members of upcoming meetings.

    When RSVP thread is activated/allows members/guest to RSVP, only members who know they are going to attend should RSVP.

    If a change in circumstances does not allow you to attend after you have RSVPed, Remove yourself/guests from the RSVP list .

    The RSVP list will be closed 2 days prior to the meeting day in order for the Host and club to finalize plans. Anyone who needs to make changes/would like to attend after that will have to PM the "SCAPE Moderating Team".


    Violation and Penalties:

    Violation of the above procedures will result in the following:

    1st violation: Notice via PM that member is in violation and raffle tickets earned/will be earned may be forfeited for a period at the discretion of the moderators. Member will also be placed on a list to keep track of # of violations.

    2nd violation: Notice will be sent warning PM that violation has been repeated (and along with withholding of raffle ticket earnings) may also be asked not to RSVP/attend meetings for a specified period of time.

    further violations: Notice via PM that member may be banned for a period of time (to be decided by moderators) along with the previous stated reprimands.


    Please be considerate to your hosts and club, RSVP Only when you know you will be attending.

  2. #2
    Moderator Pro SCAPEr Nick Shades's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    1,959
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to try and attend. My wife's birthday is on the 7th,and that means that I have to make her birthday dinnner the previous weekend. Fingers crossed!

  3. #3
    SCAPE Member 1000 posts, Semi-Pro SCAPEr geektom's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    1,370
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tom Mays
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to try and make this one! And have stuff for the auction! And have my tank ready for plants by then! Goals!
    I am an old dog trying to learn some new tricks...

  4. Likes John7429 liked this post
  5. #4
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr amzreefs's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Monrovia, CA
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Zach
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be there! I need to ditch some plants!!!

  6. #5
    Moderator Pro SCAPEr Nick Shades's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    1,959
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amzreefs View Post
    I will be there! I need to ditch some plants!!!
    Ditching them on the fwy onramp in a cardboard box has not the same effect it does in other care-for hobbies.

  7. Likes amzreefs liked this post
  8. #6
    SCAPE Board Member Pro SCAPEr Kole85's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2017
    Location
    91762
    Posts
    1,618
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Shades View Post
    Going to try and attend. My wife's birthday is on the 7th,and that means that I have to make her birthday dinnner the previous weekend. Fingers crossed!
    Let me know if you need a good recipe lol.

    Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    More Tanks!

  9. #7
    SCAPE Member Just Planted BradA's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Tehachapi
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Brad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Planning on being there, will probably know for sure after the first of the month.

  10. #8
    SCAPE Member Just Planted khuuala's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Monterey park
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Alex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are grand raffle tickets for? and when you go to the meets, are they a tangible ticket or it's tagged onto the account?

  11. #9
    Moderator Pro SCAPEr Nick Shades's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    1,959
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both. I recommend letting the registration /auction team holding onto them until the grand raffle meet (typically january and july). They are similar to the raffle that peter had last weekend, but they are given to you for participation in the auctions. You can see the number you have alotted in the auction section of the website (up top, or here: http://scapeclub.org/auct )

    The day of the grand raffle, you can also purchase additional, but if you don't use them, they are GONE!

  12. #10
    SCAPE Board Member Pro SCAPEr Kole85's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2017
    Location
    91762
    Posts
    1,618
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khuuala View Post
    What are grand raffle tickets for? and when you go to the meets, are they a tangible ticket or it's tagged onto the account?
    The Semi Annual Grand Raffle Meetings happen 2 times a year. There are usually quite a few raffle prizes divided into Tiers; fish food, Tissue Cultures, Fertilizers, Tanks, etc. Every time you attend a meeting the $5 entry, that also pays for your food and drink, earns you 2 tickets towards the Next grand raffle meeting, as well as any time you spend or sell $5 worth in the auction which stacks. The more meetings you attend, the more you buy and sell in the auctions, the more tickets you earn and the more chances you have to win something. Raffle tickets earned during a meeting can be picked up when checking in at the next meeting you attend. When you attend the grand raffle meeting you write your name and info on the tickets and enter them into the raffle.

    Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    More Tanks!

  13. Thanks khuuala thanked for this post
  14. #11
    SCAPE Member Just Planted khuuala's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Monterey park
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Alex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much Kole85! Pretty new here so just taking in all the information (:

  15. #12
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr regormang's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2018
    Location
    US
    Posts
    208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    roger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this is just a random thought for the auction. Can we assign numbers for members so runners won't have to write usernames..
    Example: check in write on name tag regormang assigned #1

    Auction slip:
    Item #
    Buyer #
    Price
    This way Chris or bo can read slip easier and can attach sales to member faster

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Excuse me while I return to my forest

  16. #13
    SCAPE Member 1000 posts, Semi-Pro SCAPEr geektom's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    1,370
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tom Mays
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw man, I am out again.
    I am an old dog trying to learn some new tricks...

  17. #14
    SCAPE Board Member Pro SCAPEr Kole85's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2017
    Location
    91762
    Posts
    1,618
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only a week away
    More Tanks!

  18. #15
    SCAPE Member 5000 posts, Officially addicted to SCAPE! swoof's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Upland
    Posts
    5,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ben
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by regormang View Post
    So this is just a random thought for the auction. Can we assign numbers for members so runners won't have to write usernames..
    Example: check in write on name tag regormang assigned #1

    Auction slip:
    Item #
    Buyer #
    Price
    This way Chris or bo can read slip easier and can attach sales to member faster

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    No, that isn't how the auction site is set up. That is why everyone is asked to place a name tag on their shirt with the USER name. You can make a badge like used at expo if you don't want a sticker on your shirt (CGAR made a few one year and I still can't find mine )

  19. #16
    SCAPE Board Member Pro SCAPEr Kole85's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2017
    Location
    91762
    Posts
    1,618
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's only 13 people on the RSVP list right now? What happened to all the people asking when the next Saturday meeting is going to be? Or all the people who didnt like not having a meeting every month? Septemeber's meeting was less than 20 people who attended. Come on everybody!
    Having such a low attendance every other month is the reason why the club was only doing meetings every other month, and how it got to the point where there was only 2 meetings in a 7 month period last year. If the club doesn't have a decent turn out at the meetings then the club loses money, the money the club loses is the same money used to purchase all the grand raffle prizes (less money = less prizes).
    I also think it kinda makes the club look bad when I tell a new host how awesome our club and meetings are and only 17 people show up. Smh.
    It was also brought up within the board recently that meetings that have such a low RSVP heading into the weekend of the meeting run the risk of being cancelled entirely. So if you guys want to keep up the Meeting Every Month schedule and keep up the pace we have had the last 6 months then we need more member participation at ALL the meetings, not just the Grand Raffle Meets and CK.

    Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    More Tanks!

  20. Likes yogi1774 liked this post
  21. #17
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr regormang's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2018
    Location
    US
    Posts
    208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    roger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kole85 View Post
    There's only 13 people on the RSVP list right now? What happened to all the people asking when the next Saturday meeting is going to be? Or all the people who didnt like not having a meeting every month? Septemeber's meeting was less than 20 people who attended. Come on everybody!
    Having such a low attendance every other month is the reason why the club was only doing meetings every other month, and how it got to the point where there was only 2 meetings in a 7 month period last year. If the club doesn't have a decent turn out at the meetings then the club loses money, the money the club loses is the same money used to purchase all the grand raffle prizes (less money = less prizes).
    I also think it kinda makes the club look bad when I tell a new host how awesome our club and meetings are and only 17 people show up. Smh.
    It was also brought up within the board recently that meetings that have such a low RSVP heading into the weekend of the meeting run the risk of being cancelled entirely. So if you guys want to keep up the Meeting Every Month schedule and keep up the pace we have had the last 6 months then we need more member participation at ALL the meetings, not just the Grand Raffle Meets and CK.

    Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    Man i usually try to come out and help be a runner. But unfortunately Saturday has been taken up. Hopefully people can step it up

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Excuse me while I return to my forest

  22. #18
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr kberg2498's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Winnetka
    Posts
    207
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kyle B.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I feel like the meets are heavily skewed for CK. Excited to see this store, never heard of it. Always looking to buy stuff! My sister was looking to make a video on aquariums and film the auction but looks like it's going to be pretty small D:

  23. #19
    SCAPE Member Just Planted Sharksax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Lake Elsinore CA
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wondering but where is the link to RSVP list?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

  24. #20
    Moderator Pro SCAPEr Nick Shades's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    1,959
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharksax View Post
    Just wondering but where is the link to RSVP list?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Click on the banner in post one of OP that says "click here to RSVP"

  25. Likes John7429 liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •