User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: CK Meeting Thank You

  1. #1
    SCAPE Member Sr. SCAPEr angeltre's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    622
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Angel
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile CK Meeting Thank You

    Thanks Pete and CK Fish World for another awesome event. The tacos were awesome, the sales were great and it was fun seeing a lot of old and new faces.

    Auction went super fast. Great Job to everyone one who worked it.


  2. Likes Barliman liked this post
  3. #2
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr hectfiguer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2015
    Location
    La Habra
    Posts
    141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Hector NF
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huge Thanks to Peter and all the CK Fishworld Crew,also BIG thanks to SCAPE'S board members who made this possible.

    Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    SCAPE Board Member 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr 4f1hmi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rancho Santa Margarita
    Posts
    2,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Bo
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for coming and of course Peter and CK Fish World.... Awesomeness!

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  5. Thanks geektom, sc91006, Disco fan thanked for this post
    Likes Obant, Disco fan liked this post
  6. #4
    SCAPE Member Just Planted Obant's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2018
    Location
    San Dimas
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    David D.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone. Me and my +1 had an absolute blast. It was our first meet and I got a ton of new plants at the auction and shrimp from CK. Someone bought up all the CPO crayfish I was after though. . Great food, and a great time. Hope to see you all at the next one.

  7. #5
    Moderator 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr Nick Shades's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    2,148
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big thanks to @DreamKnight for a wonderful presentation. Fantastically well done and excellent speaker! We were very lucky to have you.

  8. Thanks geektom thanked for this post
    Likes Obant liked this post
  9. #6
    Admin 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr CGAR's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tashirojima
    Posts
    2,487
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great meeting, thanks to Peter CK! Total attendance 104

  10. Likes Obant liked this post
  11. #7
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr Kwidjaya's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Pomona / Eastvale
    Posts
    166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Dave
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was awesome. It was my first meeting too. Too bad I can't stay til the end coz family thing. Tacos were great and plenty.

  12. Likes Obant liked this post
  13. #8
    SCAPE Member Pro SCAPEr geektom's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    1,522
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tom Mays
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad I couldnít be there- but stoked to hear that so many new members came out and had a good time!
    I am an old dog trying to learn some new tricks...

  14. #9
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr varanidguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA
    Posts
    269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Shane Wilson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday was a blast.

    I don't get to really geek out too often, spent hours just inside the shop oggling everything. Won a couple things in the raffle. My +1 got to hang out with Chung and geek out himself all day. It was sincerely a mind blowingly great time and it was awesome getting to meet some of you guys.

    A very big and sincere thank you to everyone involved in making this happen.

  15. Thanks geektom thanked for this post
    Likes Nick Shades liked this post
  16. #10
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr Shoulan's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2015
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    132
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nolan
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big thanks to Peter and CK! And also to the board members! I bidded (and won! Thanks for people letting me win. Lol.) in the auction for the first time. Went home with more plants than I expected. Haha.




    Quote Originally Posted by varanidguy View Post
    Yesterday was a blast.

    I don't get to really geek out too often, spent hours just inside the shop oggling everything. Won a couple things in the raffle. My +1 got to hang out with Chung and geek out himself all day. It was sincerely a mind blowingly great time and it was awesome getting to meet some of you guys.

    A very big and sincere thank you to everyone involved in making this happen.
    A couple things?! How much money did you spend at CK?? Lol.

  17. #11
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr varanidguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA
    Posts
    269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Shane Wilson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoulan View Post
    Big thanks to Peter and CK! And also to the board members! I bidded (and won! Thanks for people letting me win. Lol.) in the auction for the first time. Went home with more plants than I expected. Haha.






    A couple things?! How much money did you spend at CK?? Lol.
    lol I spent $65 nabbing 6 tickets and won the UNS mini co2 reg and the 10 gallon Lifegard aquarium they had there for the raffle. It was pure dumb luck to win twice with only 6 tickets in the container.

  18. Likes Obant liked this post
  19. #12
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr Shoulan's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2015
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    132
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nolan
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by varanidguy View Post
    lol I spent $65 nabbing 6 tickets and won the UNS mini co2 reg and the 10 gallon Lifegard aquarium they had there for the raffle. It was pure dumb luck to win twice with only 6 tickets in the container.
    Wow nice!! Share some luck with the rest of us next time! Lol. I definitely bought things (that I probably shouldn't have) with the mad hope that I'd win a UNS 3N, but alas no. Haha.

  20. #13
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr varanidguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA
    Posts
    269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Shane Wilson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoulan View Post
    Wow nice!! Share some luck with the rest of us next time! Lol. I definitely bought things (that I probably shouldn't have) with the mad hope that I'd win a UNS 3N, but alas no. Haha.
    Ha! I'll do my best!

  21. Likes Shoulan liked this post
  22. #14
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr kberg2498's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Winnetka
    Posts
    273
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kyle B.
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had fun at this meet, felt a lot more organized than the last one there. The weather was also pretty good, I had fish in a container with aeration the entire meet and they made it home safely. Thanks to CK for doing the sale, allowed me to pickup 35 rummy nose for my 120 instead of a small school of 15-20 . I'm not super into shrimping so I was happy to see the fish-sale. Was very tempted to get some pandas too but decided against it last minute for more RUMMY.

  23. Likes varanidguy liked this post
  24. #15
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr varanidguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA
    Posts
    269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Shane Wilson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kberg2498 View Post
    Had fun at this meet, felt a lot more organized than the last one there. The weather was also pretty good, I had fish in a container with aeration the entire meet and they made it home safely. Thanks to CK for doing the sale, allowed me to pickup 35 rummy nose for my 120 instead of a small school of 15-20 . I'm not super into shrimping so I was happy to see the fish-sale. Was very tempted to get some pandas too but decided against it last minute for more RUMMY.
    Rummy nose tetras are some of the coolest fish you could have in a planted/community tank, imo. Congrats on getting a decent sized school!

  25. #16
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr aquamaniac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Placentia
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Victor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, great meet/auction!!!

    I totally spent more than what I mentally budgeted for. Great deals and can't let them go!

    Kind of funny that I spent just about the same amount inside the store ($112) as the auction ($110).

    Also, here is another reason Peter from CK is great, I purchased 3 bettas and one of them died in transit. I called today and explained to him that one of the lil critters died. He said he would credit or give me another Betta. I've had a somewhat similar situation at another LFS and the owner didn't even want to hear it. Awesome customer service!

  26. #17
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr varanidguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA
    Posts
    269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Shane Wilson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aquamaniac View Post
    Yes, great meet/auction!!!

    I totally spent more than what I mentally budgeted for. Great deals and can't let them go!

    Kind of funny that I spent just about the same amount inside the store ($112) as the auction ($110).

    Also, here is another reason Peter from CK is great, I purchased 3 bettas and one of them died in transit. I called today and explained to him that one of the lil critters died. He said he would credit or give me another Betta. I've had a somewhat similar situation at another LFS and the owner didn't even want to hear it. Awesome customer service!
    Iím loving CK more and more.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #18
    SCAPE Member Pro SCAPEr Bongox3's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Location
    In the land of milk and honey
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Michael
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish I could have been there, but there’s been a recent addition to my little family... I’ll get him scape’n soon!

  28. Likes varanidguy liked this post
  29. #19
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr regormang's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2018
    Location
    US
    Posts
    345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    roger
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Peter as always never fails to be an awesome host!

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Excuse me while I return to my forest

  30. Likes varanidguy liked this post
  31. #20
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr h2o_cube's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Andres
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was an awesome meet. Glad to meet fellow SCAPErs. The tacos were amazing! Peter once again did our hobby a favor. Here are some pics. I wanted to take more photos but didnít want to creep out everyone lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tank + Soil + Plants + Light + H2O + CO2 + Filter + Fish - Algae = Bliss
    Current Tank:
    14 gal Iwagumi
    Past WorXs:
    4 gal Iwagumi, 15 gal Mountain scape, 10 gal Iwagumi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •