Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jacob Kramer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Lighting Idea

I feel like I don't see many people doing this so I thought I'd share but maybe you guys already have. Anyways, I added two of these par 30 plant bulbs onto my refugium for my reef and they are super bright and a good daylight spectrum! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    My chaeto algae is pearling so much that its always floating now. I'm considering putting one on each of my 7 gallons that have Fluval Fugerays on them because they are brighter and warmer.

I used these to mount them, but I found cheaper options on Ebay after.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's supposed to cover a 1'x1' area but no specifications on what par or what that really means. I like them but probably not ideal for most people but just wanted to share!

Moderator 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr Nick Shades's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol. Do you add co2 to your sump?

I've used the red grow lights before on my refugium, but i did not enjoy the spectrum at all. I decided that in the future, the only place i would have red on my tank not in a mix would be in a macro reactor.

This light is definitely better than what I've got on my refugium. I have always run low wattage inexpensive light, but this would be both an amazing use of 120v ac and an upgrade to what I have currently got.

Do you really have pearling from your chaeto? That totally changes some of my idea for things.

SCAPE Member SCAPEr catfishblues's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jacob Kramer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Nick Shades;330254]Lol. Do you add co2 to your sump?

It's pearling like crazy with two of these lights on there. I had a finnex 24/7 on there but i was cleaning it and dropped it in like a dummy so I ordered these after watching a bulk reef supply video showing the quality and quantity of light being superior to the refugium size. They reccomended the red kessils but I hate the red look also and enjoy watching critters in the refugium.

SCAPE Member SCAPEr catfishblues's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jacob Kramer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops my bad I just re-read it's supposed to cover 4.2 square feet not 1. Still doesn't really mean too much because something on the edge of that spread might need more lighting but worth a note.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SCAPE Member Just Planted Skywaver's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tony
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems not so useful as for me. Some other solutions more likely to be efficient in many ways.