User Tag List

Thread: Anyone know how to add a Solenoid to CO2 regulator?

SCAPE Member Just Planted channy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Anyone know how to add a Solenoid to CO2 regulator?

Hi fellow SCAPErs! Sorry.. i'm kind of a newbie still. I've had my tank for about 6 months. My friend was the one who recommended me the CO2 regulator brand, but didn't realize it didn't have a solenoid until later. He forgot how much of a hassle it is when there isn't a solenoid.. Anyways long story short, I I'm getting pretty tired of turning on/off my CO2 regulator and it becomes kind of difficult cause now I started school and have work. So .. it's hard to get the timing right sometimes..
    I was wondering if anyone on here is familiar with installing a solenoid to a CO2 regulator?? I would happily pay for the services because I really don't know how.. and don't wanna mess with the CO2 too much cus it scares me quite frankly when it makes loud sounds LOL.

Running a 5lb CO2 tank
    I have the Tunzee CO2 regulator that I bought for $110 or something from marinedepot.com

Let me know please and thank you! Or if you guys have any really thorough and good videos and solenoid recommendations.. I guess I can attempt to try. IMG_9844.jpg

SCAPE Member Just Planted viper5dn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Don
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have got a a regulator + solenoid kit from GLA as a second hand kit, but know CO2 can be pretty complicated when you're just starting with high-tech tanks. The thing that helped me the most is honestly YouTube--even when reading forums I found discussions on CO2 complicated because I couldn't picture the setup. I'd do a google search for CO2 solenoids and then use YouTube to fill the gaps. If you still have specific questions, jump on SCAPE.

Moderator Pro SCAPEr Nick Shades's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the easiest (and most expensive) way to do it.

https://www.amazon.com/Tunze-USA-707.../dp/B00H6YW0N8

There are a couple of tunze co2 regulators, but this solenoid has a pretty universal connection.