Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diy dosing solution

My wife does not care for the medicine dosing cups and syringes that i use for the tank that we have at home that i use for dosing my 90 gallon tank with b-ionic. To be frank, I'm not really a fan, either, but when i had my nano, though it was much more expensive, i loved the nano version of the kent's tech a and tech b which dosed 1/16 a ml per drop of its container.

It was a simple method of, basically, dropping 1 drop per gallon int the nano.

I went looking for dropper bottles of all kinds and settled on an epiphany by ordering empty, new, vape juice bottles from eBay.

10 bottles and 50 filler cups for less than 10 bucks, and they arrived two days later from Ohio with free shipping!

They're closer to 32 drops per ml, but it is still, in some ways, easier than using a syringe, spending more per bottle of kent's, and i can still buy the cost effective bulk of b-ionic solutions!

Easy to fill and dispense, as well as color code!
    IMG_20180809_213428.jpg

The very cool thing about these is that once I go back to doing planted tanks with a high tech setup, i can dose my ferts in exactly the same way.

2. Likes CaliGold, Aquaman liked this post
    Water is Life 5000 posts, Officially addicted to SCAPE! Zenzu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Carlo
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes dosing more cost effective, keeps the wife happy... win win. There are tons of cost effective containers available online. I have considered making a PPS solution for my low tech tanks, but I'm really neglecting everything at the moment.

SCAPE Member SCAPEr stormvisions's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Burt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up these on Amazon for spot treating with hydrogen peroxide, and to blow the mosses clean https://amzn.to/2KMD6rv - in hindsight I should have gotten the smaller bottles because these want to float since I'm only using a little water in them. I simply remove the stem inside, fill them up, flip them upside down and squirt squirt.

51r6UWDuOSL._SL1000_.jpg