Sergeant of Marines 3000 posts, Grand Master SCAPER John7429's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I should reiterate simplicity should be the goal... I, personally, am not fond of the idea of adding anything to hope for efficiency. If possible, manage better. If not, reduce/simplify.

Adding functions or steps or processes is only going to make it harder to facilitate. The club is struggling enough as it is to limp along. Hopefully the new surge of activity REQUIRES new/more folks to step up and continue the awesome legacy. I'm confident there are people in the club that are more than capable of taking on some responsibilities.

I went to COAST last weekend. The large auction went quite smoothly with the exception of a little distraction noise from the back about 3/4 of the way through. The room is quite small for the number of people in there so noise is always an issue but they still managed to get everything off the block within a couple hours. No goofing off. Call numbers. One, two, three - Sold. Next item. You're not paying attention? Too bad. You can't hear? Tell the rowdy fools next to you to shush or go elsewhere. Auctioneer volume is RARELY the problem, it is usually ambient noise. RESPECT the people there FOR THE AUCTION and keep it quiet.

New Tank Build Thread!

Dont insult me with your low-balls

Currently running: 270g monster fish, 180g monster fish, 180g planted (coming soon!), 90g community, 75g cichlid, 2x 7g planted, 6.7g planted, 2g planted, 2.5g opae

Reptiles: 15+ turtles/tortoises

Birds: 1x African grey, 2x double yellow headed amazons, 1x umbrella cockatoo, 1x sun conure

1x dog

2. Likes AquaGreenThumb liked this post
    SCAPE Member Just Planted Jongo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jonathan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what where else it should be posted.

I was a winner of a few plants at the recent auction. but whoever the seller was had BBA on their plants and did not disclose it.
    unfortunately, now I'm battling it in my tank.

Sergeant of Marines 3000 posts, Grand Master SCAPER John7429's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jongo View Post
    Not sure what where else it should be posted.

I was a winner of a few plants at the recent auction. but whoever the seller was had BBA on their plants and did not disclose it.
    unfortunately, now I'm battling it in my tank.

That sucks. Unfortunately, purchases are as-is... A reminder to inspect items (BEFORE the auction) prior to bidding.

If you are trying to find out who sold it to talk to them about it, you can see seller/buyer info in the history link at the auction website. Just select the appropriate meeting from the drop down.
    http://scapeclub.org/auct/buy-sell-history.php?

If this is just a PSA - it is a great reminder to get to the meeting early to inspect the items and jot down the numbers you want to bid on instead of relying on what the auctioneer is holding up.

MOST people would not intentionally put things in the auction that have algae, disease, or not working... I'm sure it was purely accidental/unintentional.

New Tank Build Thread!

Dont insult me with your low-balls

Currently running: 270g monster fish, 180g monster fish, 180g planted (coming soon!), 90g community, 75g cichlid, 2x 7g planted, 6.7g planted, 2g planted, 2.5g opae

Reptiles: 15+ turtles/tortoises

Birds: 1x African grey, 2x double yellow headed amazons, 1x umbrella cockatoo, 1x sun conure

1x dog