User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Bedroom Fishroom Masterplan!

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kyle B.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by regormang View Post
    Very nice! How's that driftwood u picked up at last meet looking in the tank?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    He its just tossed ontop of my other ones in the 120g. It's getting a rescape soon which is why I just threw it on. Going to do black sand and some jungle val eventually. I've got like a load of dritfwood just stacked up now so I'm sure it's going to look epic once rescaped.

https://i.imgur.com/uOmFHbS.jpg

Believe it or not there is 5 discus, 5 plecos, 10 corydoras and 2 german rams in this tank lol. They were all just conveniently hiding when I took this photo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    roger
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kberg2498 View Post
    He its just tossed ontop of my other ones in the 120g. It's getting a rescape soon which is why I just threw it on. Going to do black sand and some jungle val eventually. I've got like a load of dritfwood just stacked up now so I'm sure it's going to look epic once rescaped.

Believe it or not there is 5 discus, 5 plecos, 10 corydoras and 2 german rams in this tank lol. They were all just conveniently hiding when I took this photo.
    Awesome! I really enjoyed that piece but I know it would be a lot nicer in a bigger tank like yours.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Excuse me while I return to my forest

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kyle B.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved some stuff around. Started to collect the corydoras eggs from the common species. Got a surprise batch of albino/calico bristlenose plecos.

Surprise batch of around 33 bristle nose plecos! Half seem to be albino, the other half is calico.

What 2 month old sterbai corydoras look like. This is from the batch of eggs that I found on the same day as the cK meet?

Going to try to get 10 peppered cories from this batch of eggs that is currently tumbling
    https://i.imgur.com/lKoVnZW.jpg

I am also on day 3 of a batch of 55ish sterbai corydoras eggs. All fertilized. Hopefully I will have a ton survive past the 3 week mark this time around.
    https://i.imgur.com/tPEuKQI.jpg

Still waiting to see if I can get my adolfoi to spawn again. Going fishing tomorrow but maybe I'll do a large water change on their tank around midnight when the water is the ground is cooler. A happy problem I've had is my tap water is the same temp or near the same temp as my tanks. So although I don't need to make any adjustments for temperature I lose out on trying to get some of my cories breeding. Still have to experiment with RODI water and stuff.

Still need to get more sand before I rescape the 120. Also trying to get a job at my local petsmart so I can buy some more cool stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kyle B.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update:
    The big sterbai corydoras batch hatched a few days ago! Got around 66 successfully hatched with a new small batch of eggs every few days around 10 eggs each

Have been trying to get some peppered cory eggs but they keep eating them like within seconds of em being placed on the glass. Upon further research I've found that the peppereds do this often. Maybe next week I'll just keep a close eye on em. My batch of 8 is looking to be a good breeding group though!

Have been trying to get my adolfoi cories to lay. No eggs yet. Have been doing 35% water changes on the tank with water I've had to cool down with ice because my tap water is like as warm as most my tanks. No results yet, just going to keep fattening em up on bloodworms and tubifex and keep doing bucket water changes til they decide to lay again.

SCAPE Member Just Planted Adam100's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Adam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kberg2498 View Post
    http://theblackheartgang.com/nolah-mattress-coupons/

Thank you, it was really helpful
    Last edited by Adam100; 10-23-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kyle B.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished Rescaping the 100g yesterday with kole.

Used 100 lb of black diamond blasting sand, My Malaysian DriftWood, and loads of plants. Also some River rocks from my local construction supply place.

For lighting it's got 2 Chihiros A1201 4ft fixtures (144 watt per) Plus a dual t5ho setup that I am waiting on my SuperFlora Geissman Bulbs to come for. Right now it's just got some old ones that are like 2 years old.... Once I get the new bulbs the tank will look alot more pink and orangish.

It's running my FX6 filter and eheim 300W heater that will have a controller on it once I move over the discus in a week.

For plants, we used almost all the species of plant I have in my house.

Ludwigia Ovalis, Regular Ludwigia, Ludwigia Super Red, Ludwigia Super Red Mini, Ludwigia Repens Ruben, Regular AR, AR Mini, AR Variegated, AR mini Variegated, AR Lilancina, S Repens, Erio Vietnam, Blixa, Crypt Parva, Crypt Green Gecko, Limnophila Aromatica, Subwassertang, Macandra Red, Lots of Anubia Nana Petite, Anubias Pinto, Anubias Golden, Regular Anubias nana, Alot of Fissidens Fontanus on the wood, and a few mystery stems.

The tank is running co2 from my 20lb tank though I've been having trouble adjusting it but I will get it dialed in before the discus get moved lol. Currently running the lights for 6hours from 9AM to 3PM. Co2 from 8 to 2.

My plan for stocking this tank is probably going to be 8 discus (still undecided if I should mix up strains yet, I have 4 Full Faced Spotted Eruptions ~5"), Around 100ish Rummynose maybe more maybe less depends on how many I can afford to get. And then Eventually probably going to source some emperor tetras and maybe throw in a few plecos that I have around. I also am debating throwing in a few corydoras once the plants get rooted well. I have some small Weitzmani that maybe going in here if the monte carlo doesn't work out. Going to try to do a Monte Carlo carpet upfront. Waiting on my tissue cultures to come in a few days.

The tank is MUCH brighter than this pic leads onto be. I took it with some special settings on my phone to make it now SUPER bright..

@regormang We spent a good 2 hours trying to figure out what to do with the rhino-looking piece of wood I got from you a few meets ago. Ended up hiding it but it really brings that corner together to look like a stump.

SCAPE Board Member Pro SCAPEr Kole85's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome looking tank right there if I do say so myself, lol.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    More Tanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    J.A.Yo... are my initials!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking forward to seeing grow-in shots of the tank! Looks like a great start.

What are your plans for your new 55 gallon tank?

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kyle B.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jayo View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing grow-in shots of the tank! Looks like a great start.

What are your plans for your new 55 gallon tank?
    hehe that tank is going to be used as a emersed growing setup for plants. I have some ideas on making giant mats of emersed plants and for 20$ for that tank was cheaper than buying storage boxes are lowes ;P

SCAPE Member Jr. SCAPEr Jeffrey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jeffrey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great! Can't wait to see it grow in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kyle B.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've been making the decision to downsize my number of tanks and focus on making higher quality single display tanks. I still am going to have a breeding 20gal and two 40gal for grow out and storage but I've taken down quite a bit of tanks.

My 40 planted with the 20tall tank has been taken down and replaced with the 38gal long rimless im still scaping for my shrimp tank. The 29gal in my closet that was housing some laser corydoras has just been torn down. My emergency two 10gal have been torn down that I used for growing out intermediate corydoras fry. Thats alot of tanks that have been removed from my life. In the meantime I've worked on improving my singular tanks one at a time. This month im focusing on getting my 38gal rimless shrimp tank going so in a few weeks I can order some bloodymarrys or something fun. I am probably going to setup a 20long and tear down the 20tall my adolfoi breeder group is in (or sell them, but thats a small chance). I'm also thinking of tearing down the 60gal that is under my 120 once I move all the fish out of it. So far it just houses a big pleco, some angels, and some large inexpensive corydoras. Granted I'm in no way leaving the hobby soon. I am just lowering my responsibilities as I get closer to school into more enjoyable tanks instead of just boxes of water and sand.

Right now I'm doing some experimentation without running my AC for a week to see how high the humidity is in my room. I may consider returning it to costco and going for either a humidifier or just trying to get tight sealing lids on all my tanks.

I think I am just going to try to clean and organize things more in the coming weeks. People have seen my room know it's a madhouse with stuff everywhere fish related.

Water is Life 5000 posts, Officially addicted to SCAPE! Zenzu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Carlo
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dehumidifiers cost almost as much as an AC unit. They only provide a single function and produce heat when in operation. Food for thought, I think you were in the right to get an AC unit especially with how hot it gets out there in the summer months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kyle B.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenzu View Post
    Dehumidifiers cost almost as much as an AC unit. They only provide a single function and produce heat when in operation. Food for thought, I think you were in the right to get an AC unit especially with how hot it gets out there in the summer months.
    yeah I probably just need to get new windows and update the house in general. We're still on single pane and our central AC is ancient so the electricity bill is giant :/ Windows will come soon hopefully.

SCAPE Member SCAPEr Suedehead92's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ernie Ramos
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cant wait to see the 38 rimless set up

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk