User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 106

Thread: 2018 Pet Expo - Sign Up thread!

  1. #41
    SCAPE Member Sr. SCAPEr Kole85's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2017
    Location
    91762
    Posts
    763
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenzu View Post
    Unfortunately with this tank, my original hardscape did not fit because I thought I was buying an MA-324 turns out it's an MA-318... fml... anyway Mike gave me some stones that turn out to work well.
    Looks great man! Looks simple yet so elegant.

    Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

  2. #42
    Water is Life Super Duper Master Scaper Zenzu's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cerritos
    Posts
    4,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Carlo
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope it fills out okay.

  3. #43
    SCAPE Member 1000 posts, Semi-Pro SCAPEr Nick Shades's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    1,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are we handling admission this year? Last year i got in by the skin of my teeth, but it took a whole lot of convincing that i was associated with zach, etc.

  4. #44
    SCAPE Member Super Duper Master Scaper swoof's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Upland
    Posts
    4,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ben
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As in18" vs 24"?

    Nick (who said he can't make it or can or can't) your supposed to have several phone numbers to contact (as most contacts are never paying attention to thier phones) you call when you park your car, so as to make contact and arrive at entry the same time as your contact, who will them get you in. This only works for 1 or 2 people at a time. More than that and you'll have to pay a way in.
    2016 Ride For Kids fund raiser

  5. #45
    Water is Life Super Duper Master Scaper Zenzu's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cerritos
    Posts
    4,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Carlo
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will be several numbers and lots of info PM'd closer to the event. You will have 2-3 numbers for people who you will be contacting to get you into the event. I will likely handle contact for Wed/Thu/Fri. Bo, Richard or Chris may do Sat/Sun as I may be arriving later those days. I may be the only contact point who knows.

    Previous years as long as you text updates i.e. "I am leaving my house, nav says 45 min." followed by "We are exiting the 405 at Fairview now..." followed by "Hey we just got to parked at gate 9 in the back." It usually makes it easier for the contact point to work you into what is going on at the event. If you just show up and text "Hey I'm here, how do I get in? Be prepared to wait.

  6. Thanks swoof thanked for this post
  7. #46
    Water is Life Super Duper Master Scaper Zenzu's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cerritos
    Posts
    4,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Carlo
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swoof View Post
    As in18" vs 24"?
    Yes that is correct. The MA-324 is 24" the MA-318 is 18" MA-312 is 12"

  8. #47
    Water is Life Super Duper Master Scaper Zenzu's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cerritos
    Posts
    4,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Carlo
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got whatever and stuff backwards.

    Anyway, I just thought I was buying a 24" one, but apparently bought an 18" one



    They are awesome little tanks though in any size. We'll see how this turns out, maybe I was meant to have this tank, because the 24" I previously had was untouched. The 18" is more manageable.

  9. Thanks dealend thanked for this post
  10. #48
    SCAPE Member Super Duper Master Scaper swoof's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Upland
    Posts
    4,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ben
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't need all the pictures. I have an unused 18" in the dinning room.
    2016 Ride For Kids fund raiser

  11. #49
    Water is Life Super Duper Master Scaper Zenzu's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cerritos
    Posts
    4,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Carlo
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand that Ben, but there are other people here who may not know what we are talking about. What are they called? Paludarium tanks?

  12. #50
    SCAPE Member 1000 posts, Semi-Pro SCAPEr Nick Shades's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    1,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swoof View Post
    As in18" vs 24"?

    Nick (who said he can't make it or can or can't) your supposed to have several phone numbers to contact (as most contacts are never paying attention to thier phones) you call when you park your car, so as to make contact and arrive at entry the same time as your contact, who will them get you in. This only works for 1 or 2 people at a time. More than that and you'll have to pay a way in.
    I am still unsure whether or not i am going this year. Right now anxiety is what is holding me back, so I'm trying to get my head around what happened last year before i set my foot on that side in concrete.

  13. #51
    SCAPE Member Super Duper Master Scaper swoof's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Upland
    Posts
    4,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ben
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carlo, they are called unobtainium. If you see it buy it, doubt you'll find them for long since Mr. Aqua stuff is, as far as I know, not around anymore. I mean when was the last time you saw new Mr aqua tanks for sale anywhere?
    2016 Ride For Kids fund raiser

  14. #52
    Water is Life Super Duper Master Scaper Zenzu's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cerritos
    Posts
    4,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Carlo
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr. Aqua is discontinued. The tanks are made by Hidoli and rebranded under Mr. Aqua. Most of the popular sizes made it into the Aquamaxx Line up. However these paludarium tanks did horribly in the US market.

  15. #53
    Water is Life Super Duper Master Scaper Zenzu's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cerritos
    Posts
    4,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Carlo
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe next time around they will be the cool thing to do and paludarium tanks will take off like wild fire. House plants hobbyists are increasing, maybe if enough of them make the connection there will be a solid market.

  16. #54
    SCAPE Member 1000 posts, Semi-Pro SCAPEr Nick Shades's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    1,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some day, someone will bonsai a marijuana plants, and that will be the same moment paludariums are seen EV REE WHERE.

  17. #55
    SCAPE Member Sr. SCAPEr dealend's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Monterey Park/Alhambra/San Gabriel
    Posts
    696
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    danny
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenzu View Post
    I got whatever and stuff backwards.

    Anyway, I just thought I was buying a 24" one, but apparently bought an 18" one



    They are awesome little tanks though in any size. We'll see how this turns out, maybe I was meant to have this tank, because the 24" I previously had was untouched. The 18" is more manageable.
    Im a hoarder, i got the smallest one. Dont know what to do, the picture helps me giving an idea. Thanks Zenzu.

  18. Likes John7429, Zenzu liked this post
  19. #56
    Sergeant of Marines 3000 posts, Grand Master SCAPER John7429's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    3,220
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenzu View Post
    I understand that Ben, but there are other people here who may not know what we are talking about. What are they called? Paludarium tanks?
    They're called "Garden Tank/Aquarium"



    New Tank Build Thread!


    Dont insult me with your low-balls


    Currently running: 270g monster fish, 180g monster fish, 180g planted (coming soon!), 80g community, 2x 7g planted, 6.7g planted, 2g planted, 2.5g opae

    Reptiles: 15+ turtles/tortoises, 1x Asian water monitor

    Birds: 1x African grey, 2x double yellow headed amazons, 1x umbrella cockatoo, 1x sun conure

    1x dog

  20. #57
    Sergeant of Marines 3000 posts, Grand Master SCAPER John7429's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    3,220
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swoof View Post
    Carlo, they are called unobtainium. If you see it buy it, doubt you'll find them for long since Mr. Aqua stuff is, as far as I know, not around anymore. I mean when was the last time you saw new Mr aqua tanks for sale anywhere?
    They are alive and well. Just not in CA anymore



    New Tank Build Thread!


    Dont insult me with your low-balls


    Currently running: 270g monster fish, 180g monster fish, 180g planted (coming soon!), 80g community, 2x 7g planted, 6.7g planted, 2g planted, 2.5g opae

    Reptiles: 15+ turtles/tortoises, 1x Asian water monitor

    Birds: 1x African grey, 2x double yellow headed amazons, 1x umbrella cockatoo, 1x sun conure

    1x dog

  21. Likes swoof liked this post
  22. #58
    Sergeant of Marines 3000 posts, Grand Master SCAPER John7429's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    3,220
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Shades View Post
    Some day, someone will bonsai a marijuana plants, and that will be the same moment paludariums are seen EV REE WHERE.
    Probably not... since bonsai includes stressing the plant out to keep it contained/small and trimming off all undesired leaves ASAP



    New Tank Build Thread!


    Dont insult me with your low-balls


    Currently running: 270g monster fish, 180g monster fish, 180g planted (coming soon!), 80g community, 2x 7g planted, 6.7g planted, 2g planted, 2.5g opae

    Reptiles: 15+ turtles/tortoises, 1x Asian water monitor

    Birds: 1x African grey, 2x double yellow headed amazons, 1x umbrella cockatoo, 1x sun conure

    1x dog

  23. Likes swoof liked this post
  24. #59
    SCAPE Member 1000 posts, Semi-Pro SCAPEr Nick Shades's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    1,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John7429 View Post
    Probably not... since bonsai includes stressing the plant out to keep it contained/small and trimming off all undesired leaves ASAP
    ,I met a dude in el monte on Tuesday night who had a bunch of aragonite and he didn't need. His living? Bonsai.

    He has a HUGE house that a customer of his built for him and gave him the land for in trade for 15 trees.

    Funny enough, he does off the beaten path bonsai as well, and tried with 50 plants to make it happen but ran out of room for the experiment, but wants to try it again.

    Where there is a will, there is a way.

    IMG_20180320_195643.jpg

    IMG_20180320_195643.jpg

    Before you even ask where or how to buy one like this, this one's price tag is 30,000.

  25. #60
    Sergeant of Marines 3000 posts, Grand Master SCAPER John7429's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    3,220
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I probably know him. I know most of the local bonsai guys - especially if they're old timers.

    I think you missed the point of bonsai and my comment why it wouldn't work with MJ. The most desirable portion of MJ happens to be the biggest limited factor (most groomed) part of bonsai... the foliage.


    Those look like yamadori CA Juniper... I have a few, just not as nice as those. lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Shades View Post
    ,I met a dude in el monte on Tuesday night who had a bunch of aragonite and he didn't need. His living? Bonsai.

    He has a HUGE house that a customer of his built for him and gave him the land for in trade for 15 trees.

    Funny enough, he does off the beaten path bonsai as well, and tried with 50 plants to make it happen but ran out of room for the experiment, but wants to try it again.

    Where there is a will, there is a way.

    IMG_20180320_195643.jpg

    IMG_20180320_195643.jpg

    Before you even ask where or how to buy one like this, this one's price tag is 30,000.



    New Tank Build Thread!


    Dont insult me with your low-balls


    Currently running: 270g monster fish, 180g monster fish, 180g planted (coming soon!), 80g community, 2x 7g planted, 6.7g planted, 2g planted, 2.5g opae

    Reptiles: 15+ turtles/tortoises, 1x Asian water monitor

    Birds: 1x African grey, 2x double yellow headed amazons, 1x umbrella cockatoo, 1x sun conure

    1x dog

  26. Likes swoof liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •