0 Thread(s)

RSVP GRAND Raffle Meeting at LOTUS Aquarium

Grand Raffle Meeting!
    Please bring your raffle tickets!

Where: Lotus Aquarium, Lawndale
    When: Sunday, Feb 18th 12:30PM

Directions:
    https://www.yelp.com/map/lotus-aquarium-lawndale

We now accept credit cards for auction orders $20 and up. Cash only for attendance fee of $5.
    PLEASE bring $1 or $5 bills as we need them for change.

New Members: Please register on this website for attendance and auction participation: http://scapeclub.org/auct

**IMPORTANT**

Please read the following notice of club meeting/event RSVP policies.

Reason for the Rules:

Meeting Host's Time, Money and Efforts are being wasted when members/guests who RSVP do not attend.

Club funds are lost/used up on members/guest who RSVP and do not attend.

Procedures:

Meeting information thread will be opened prior to the RSVP thread to inform members of upcoming meetings.

When RSVP thread is activated/allows members/guest to RSVP, only members who know they are going to attend should RSVP.

If a change in circumstances does not allow you to attend after you have RSVPed, Remove yourself/guests from the RSVP list .

The RSVP list will be closed 2 days prior to the meeting day in order for the Host and club to finalize plans. Anyone who needs to make changes/would like to attend after that will have to PM the "SCAPE Moderating Team".

Violation and Penalties:

Violation of the above procedures will result in the following:

1st violation: Notice via PM that member is in violation and raffle tickets earned/will be earned may be forfeited for a period at the discretion of the moderators. Member will also be placed on a list to keep track of # of violations.

2nd violation: Notice will be sent warning PM that violation has been repeated (and along with withholding of raffle ticket earnings) may also be asked not to RSVP/attend meetings for a specified period of time.

further violations: Notice via PM that member may be banned for a period of time (to be decided by moderators) along with the previous stated reprimands.

Please be considerate to your hosts and club, RSVP Only when you know you will be attending.

Additional info provided by swoof:

"The meeting is in back of the store in the parking lot. You'll need to bring your own chair if you want to sit. Attendees should show up between noon and 1 pm for check in and getting tickets, putting USER NAME on tickets, and putting into ticket holder. Raffle probably won't start till almost 3 pm, but if your tickets aren't in early you lose chances for prizes. Tickets are available for purchase when checking in."

Last edited by Zenzu; 02-11-2018 at 10:05 AM.

2. Thanks John7429 thanked for this post
    Likes John7429 liked this post
    Water is Life 5000 posts, Officially addicted to SCAPE! Zenzu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Carlo
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, they got an awesome parking lot.

4. Likes John7429 liked this post
    SCAPE Member Jr. SCAPEr kberg2498's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kyle B.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excited, never been to a LFS downtown yet!

6. Likes John7429 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    James Richter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having a hard time logging into the RSVP site. When I try asking for a new password it seems to be sending it to the wrong email address. Who can I talk with to fix this?

Sergeant of Marines 3000 posts, Grand Master SCAPER John7429's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrichter9010 View Post
    I'm having a hard time logging into the RSVP site. When I try asking for a new password it seems to be sending it to the wrong email address. Who can I talk with to fix this?
    have you set up an account at the auction link?

New Tank Build Thread!

Dont insult me with your low-balls

Currently running: 270g monster fish, 180g monster fish, 180g planted (coming soon!), 80g community, 2x 7g planted, 6.7g planted, 2g planted, 2.5g opae

Reptiles: 15+ turtles/tortoises, 1x Asian water monitor

Birds: 1x African grey, 2x double yellow headed amazons, 1x umbrella cockatoo, 1x sun conure

1x dog

SCAPE Member 1000 posts, Semi-Pro SCAPEr geektom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tom Mays
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no tickets, but I will be there with good olí fashioned money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am an old dog trying to learn some new tricks...

10. Likes Bongox3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geektom View Post
    I have no tickets, but I will be there with good ol’ fashioned money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    wonder what the prizes will be...

New Tank Build Thread!

Currently running: 270g monster fish, 180g monster fish, 180g planted (coming soon!), 80g community, 2x 7g planted, 6.7g planted, 2g planted, 2.5g opae

Birds: 1x African grey, 2x double yellow headed amazons, 1x umbrella cockatoo, 1x sun conure

1x dog

SCAPE Board Member 1000 posts, Semi-Pro SCAPEr Kole85's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you get the tickets? I've never been to a grand raffle meet, joined back in July. I have been to the last two meets and never saw or heard anything about grand raffle tickets from anyone.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
    More Tanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kole85 View Post
    How do you get the tickets? I've never been to a grand raffle meet, joined back in July. I have been to the last two meets and never saw or heard anything about grand raffle tickets from anyone.

Read FAQs:
    http://scapeclub.org/forum/calendar....&day=2018-2-18

In a nutshell: Attending/hosting meets. Buy/sell at meeting auction. Or buy at the raffle meeting.

New Tank Build Thread!

1x dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John7429 View Post
    Read FAQs:
    http://scapeclub.org/forum/calendar....&day=2018-2-18

In a nutshell: Attending/hosting meets. Buy/sell at meeting auction. Or buy at the raffle meeting.
    So do I miss out on those tickets then? I bought stuff in the auctions at those meets too. Nobody said anything about tickets when I signed in to the meets or gave me any tickets. If you get them at the meets, shouldnt someone give you the tickets when you sign in and give the $5?

More Tanks!

SCAPE Member Sr. SCAPEr dealend's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    danny
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So do I miss out on those tickets then? I bought stuff in the auctions at those meets too. Nobody said anything about tickets when I signed in to the meets or gave me any tickets. If you get them at the meets, shouldnt someone give you the tickets when you sign in and give the $5?

You wont get the ticket at the same day you bought auctioned items. It will be given at the next meeting.

Lets say, you won the auction and attended the meeting on last October 2017 at CK, you will recieve the tickets on this following meeting.

The number of ticket is vary on each member. Based on, how many scape meetinghave you attended and amount you won at auctioned, if i am not mistakenly remember is every $5 auctioned you will get 1 drawing ticket.
    **zenzu mini meet is not included

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dealend View Post
    You wont get the ticket at the same day you bought auctioned items. It will be given at the next meeting.

Lets say, you won the auction and attended the meeting on last October 2017 at CK, you will recieve the tickets on this following meeting.

The number of ticket is vary on each member. Based on, how many scape meetinghave you attended and amount you won at auctioned, if i am not mistakenly remember is every $5 auctioned you will get 1 drawing ticket.
    **zenzu mini meet is not included
    Ok. I didnt know any of that, never got any info on how the grand raffle thing works. Thank you. So then I should be able to get my tickets from the CK meet at the grand raffle. Is it still possible to get any tickets from previous meets if I didnt pick them up? I went to the last meet at Lotus and didnt know to pick up tickets at the CK meet.

More Tanks!

17. Likes John7429 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. I didnt know any of that, never got any info on how the grand raffle thing works. Thank you. So then I should be able to get my tickets from the CK meet at the grand raffle. Is it still possible to get any tickets from previous meets if I didnt pick them up? I went to the last meet at Lotus and didnt know to pick up tickets at the CK meet.

The tickets are held until the member gets them. Don't worry, you'll get all you earned. Usually Tom or Bo will have them at the checkout desk.

The "rules" that describe all this is posted here:
    http://scapeclub.org/forum/showthrea...d-Stipulations

New Tank Build Thread!

1x dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tickets are held until the member gets them. Don't worry, you'll get all you earned. Usually Tom or Bo will have them at the checkout desk.

The "rules" that describe all this is posted here:
    http://scapeclub.org/forum/showthrea...d-Stipulations
    Thanks, I appreciate the clarification with everything guys, been a member since July but I guess I'm still a noob, lol. I never win raffles usually anyways, bad luck, but its worth a shot even if the prize is a pat on the back with a "Attaboy!", lmao.

More Tanks!

20. Likes John7429 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I appreciate the clarification with everything guys, been a member since July but I guess I'm still a noob, lol. I never win raffles usually anyways, bad luck, but its worth a shot even if the prize is a pat on the back with a "Attaboy!", lmao.

In the past, SCAPE has always tried to make sure as many people go home with prizes as possible. That's what the tier system was put in place for. If you've gone to more than one meet, i'm sure you'll have a good chance at winning. lol

Just FYI - SELLING & buying in the auction is the fastest way to rack up tickets.

New Tank Build Thread!

1x dog

22. Likes MARIMOBALL, swoof liked this post
    SCAPE Member Sr. SCAPEr dealend's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    danny
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually Tom/Chris/Bo at check in is the person you need to look for ticket.

Yes you can still get more ticket for more chance of winning by buying extra ticket during grand raffle, $5/ticket(if its doesnt change).

IMO, it more benefit for you getting the raffle ticket by bidding the auction during the scape meeting, not only you are getting the item that you wanted also you will get more ticket for future raffling. Remember, you wont get the ticket at the same day. It can be used toward the next raffle. Grand Raffle is twice a year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dealend View Post
    Usually Tom/Chris/Bo at check in is the person you need to look for ticket.

Yes you can still get more ticket for more chance of winning by buying extra ticket during grand raffle, $5/ticket(if its doesnt change).

IMO, it more benefit for you getting the raffle ticket by bidding the auction during the scape meeting, not only you are getting the item that you wanted also you will get more ticket for future raffling. Remember, you wont get the ticket at the same day. It can be used toward the next raffle. Grand Raffle is twice a year.
    I think once a year now...

New Tank Build Thread!

1x dog

25. Likes swoof liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the past, SCAPE has always tried to make sure as many people go home with prizes as possible. That's what the tier system was put in place for. If you've gone to more than one meet, i'm sure you'll have a good chance at winning. lol

Just FYI - SELLING & buying in the auction is the fastest way to rack up tickets.
    I was just looking at the tier system in the link you provided, sounds good. I've been to the last 2 LFS meets and dont really plan on missing any in the future, lol. I got quite a bit of stuff in the auction at CK, have yet to have the opportunity to put items into the auction as I was still stocking up. Planning on having items for this auction, gonna look up how to add items to the auction list for when it gets put up.

More Tanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    James Richter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by jamesrichter9010 View Post
    just wanted to say thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    J.A.Yo... are my initials!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This'll be my first meeting. I signed up for the auction site (jayod - couldn't do jayo because it only had four characters - anyone I need to tell about this to link the IDs up?). I RSVP'd.

Anything else I need to do? Is it recommended to show up right at the beginning, or is it a come by anytime sort of thing? The newbie faq said to bring a folding chair if the meeting was outside - will I need that for this meeting?