SCAPE Member SCAPEr PhoKingGood's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Sonny
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Khai! I was kidding about the cull but Ill take some. Thanks for the answer about the moss carpet.

One last question: Would you recommend I tie the moss to a slate rock or black egg crate?

I am gonna make moss carpet this week, will post some photo. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Last edited by PhoKingGood; 02-13-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoKingGood View Post
    Thanks Khai! I was kidding about the cull but Ill take some. Thanks for the answer about the moss carpet.

One last question: Would you recommend I tie the moss to a slate rock or black egg crate?

I am gonna make moss carpet this week, will post some photo. Thanks for the inspiration.
    You could superglue it, easier. Slate might be easier to superglue the flatted marimo moss ball to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just some updated pictures from before to now.
    I got tired of the marimo moss ball carpet and subwassertang look. Had to rescape and give it a new look. Replaced with buces and made a bonsai tree using mini pellia I had in another tank. Bought some buces from BucePlant during the July 4th sale. Was so tempted during the meet to get more buces:-) Rescape didn't affect any of the bloody mary luckily. I'm going to repurpose all the marimo moss ball carpet into my nano tank and do a marimo moss them. Already finished a marimo moss ball tree. Will post it's picture soon on my other journal. Thanks for looking!

Before rescape.

After:

4. Likes CaliGold liked this post
    SCAPE Member SCAPEr vanthuyet1990's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tim
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very cool tank of bloody mary and buces

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Tim! In the process of setting up a marimo moss theme tank soon. Need to start a new journal, goal is to use mostly if not all marimo moss ball but reformed to create an eye pleasing low maintenance tank.
    Here's sneak peek of the of the bonzai tree in progress. Will reshape the old marimo moss carpet too and add to this little tank (gotta fluff it up a bit).

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tim
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyeNewen View Post
    Thanks Tim! In the process of setting up a marimo moss theme tank soon. Need to start a new journal, goal is to use mostly if not all marimo moss ball but reformed to create an eye pleasing low maintenance tank.
    Here's sneak peek of the of the bonzai tree in progress. Will reshape the old marimo moss carpet too and add to this little tank (gotta fluff it up a bit).

Are you going to house bloody mary in this tank as well? Or will it be a different neo?

SCAPE Member Just Planted CaliGold's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Lea
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good-looking little tree!

9. Thanks KeyeNewen thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leaning toward my 24K Goldenbacks. I have 4 tanks with the bloody marys in it already. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tim
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leaning toward my 24K Goldenbacks. I have 4 tanks with the bloody marys in it already. Lol.
    goldenback yellow is nice. I am working on a new tank as well. Still don't know what type of neo I should keep. I'm kinda in between bloody mary and blue dream

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't have much luck with the blues, think they were blue diamonds I got from a member here when he was tearing down his tank, he basically gave away his colony. Shrimps strong and healthy were popping babies like crazy but I culled everything. I had black, clear, poor rilli, light blue, dark blue and maybe in 1 nice one in time I kept them. Must of had over 200 babies during the time I had them. I gave up and gave away all the shrimps. I would ask whoever you buy the blues from how true they breed and what is the cull rate. Another thing I didn't like was they were hard to see against my black background and dark aquasoil substrate. Read you need lighter color substrate and they will pop more. I guess I will never know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tim
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't have much luck with the blues, think they were blue diamonds I got from a member here when he was tearing down his tank, he basically gave away his colony. Shrimps strong and healthy were popping babies like crazy but I culled everything. I had black, clear, poor rilli, light blue, dark blue and maybe in 1 nice one in time I kept them. Must of had over 200 babies during the time I had them. I gave up and gave away all the shrimps. I would ask whoever you buy the blues from how true they breed and what is the cull rate. Another thing I didn't like was they were hard to see against my black background and dark aquasoil substrate. Read you need lighter color substrate and they will pop more. I guess I will never know.
    Yeah, blue dream is nice but hard to see in dark substrate. That's why im taking bloody mary in consideration as well. I used to have lots of bloody mary (over 150) in my 8gal tank. But terrible thing happened when I was traveling back to Vietnam not long ago. The mesh that covered the filter inflow broke and fell off, and shrimps got sucked into the filter, so now i am left with only a few females but no male.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You ever come down my way, maybe we can trade some red root floaters for my males bloody marys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tim
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You ever come down my way, maybe we can trade some red root floaters for my males bloody marys.
    Green hair algae ruined all my red root floaters, I am trying to grow them out again. But if you need xmas moss, I sure have a lot (a full tank of xmas moss) lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awh that sucks. I have Christmas mini moss growing slowly already, thanks though. We can work something out if you ever in my area :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tim
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awh that sucks. I have Christmas mini moss growing slowly already, thanks though. We can work something out if you ever in my area :-)
    I will let know whenever I go to OC and also If I ever get more red root lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just some updates.
    Changed out the sponge air filter and added an Eheim 2213 canister I had laying around, with an inline CO2 to this tank. Originally added an air stone when I first introduced CO2 to this tank, then removed the air stone after a few weeks just to make sure my shrimps adapted to the CO2. Cut one of sponge filter and squeezed it over the glass tube inlet. Got tired of listening to bubbles at night. No longer have a heater in this tank. Added more buces and a couple PRL CRS. Had a couple buces flowered, that was really nice. Haven't culled the Bloody Mary shrimp in a long time. I think I'm going to need to cull a bunch after I come back from vacation. Noticed lower quality bloody mary shrimps in this tank now.

SCAPE Member SCAPEr AquaGreenThumb's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Sonny
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me know if you sell your culls. Bought some from CK during their meet few months ago but I don't think they were bloody marys. I thought they were still adapting and the color would eventually come but hasn't. looks like regular painted red or one of those cherry grade shrimps. I think their distributor messed up.

Nice setup btw.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I will not have time till next weekend though.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaGreenThumb View Post
    Let me know if you sell your culls. Bought some from CK during their meet few months ago but I don't think they were bloody marys. I thought they were still adapting and the color would eventually come but hasn't. looks like regular painted red or one of those cherry grade shrimps. I think their distributor messed up.

Nice setup btw.

SCAPE Board Member Pro SCAPEr Kole85's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kole Hopkins
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaGreenThumb View Post

Nice setup btw.
    If your talking about the shrimp in the display tank right when you walk in the door labeled "Bloody Shrimp" then no, theyre not bloody mary's. Just high grade cherry shrimp. Peter rarely ever gets in Bloody Mary shrimp.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    More Tanks!

SCAPE Member SCAPEr AquaGreenThumb's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Sonny
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kole85 View Post
    If your talking about the shrimp in the display tank right when you walk in the door labeled "Bloody Shrimp" then no, theyre not bloody mary's. Just high grade cherry shrimp. Peter rarely ever gets in Bloody Mary shrimp.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    @Kole85 yeah...i bought those in display tank up front. They were labeled as Bloody marys and I even questioned it too but the guy helping me confirmed that they were bloody mary so i bought them. I don't think they are high grade cherries either. It is what it is and I'm not going to complain to peter since he does a lot for SCAPE and alway giving us deals.

sorry to hijack your thread @KeyeNewen but I'm interested whenever you find time to sell your culls.