Real Name
    Jon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JChen's 2.6G AquaMaxx

Hey Everyone,

Been MIA for about 2 years, and prior that I been on and off this hobby since 2008/2009. I had a small 5.5gal setup, but every time tax season comes around, I neglect the tank and eventually it becomes a cesspool haha. About a year ago, I gave up and sold off most of my equipment. I didn't think I'd come back to this hobby, but here we are.

I recently got some feeder guppies from a friend, threw them in a small glass vase, and bought some Java Fern. I guess this is what rekindled the love of this hobby.

And now we're back! I bought this Aquamaxx 2.6gal rimless tank this week. Will start to scape it next month after my business trip. Stay tuned!

Below are my previous set ups.

I actually built this tank by myself. Bought Acrylic sheets, cut them up, and weld them together. Pretty rewarding. Unfortunately, I moved shortly after this was scaped and it did not survive. I sold the tank to another member, not sure if he's still on here.
    Instagram: @aqua_jon / @therealjonchen / @triplevedc

1Gal Vase
    2.6 Gal AquaMaxx
    5.5 Gal Ada Mini-M

2. Likes Aquaman, alidium liked this post
    SCAPE Member Sr. SCAPEr geektom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tom Mays
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jc0522 View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Been MIA for about 2 years, and prior that I been on and off this hobby since 2008/2009. I had a small 5.5gal setup, but every time tax season comes around, I neglect the tank and eventually it becomes a cesspool haha. About a year ago, I gave up and sold off most of my equipment. I didn't think I'd come back to this hobby, but here we are.

I recently got some feeder guppies from a friend, threw them in a small glass vase, and bought some Java Fern. I guess this is what rekindled the love of this hobby.

And now we're back! I bought this Aquamaxx 2.6gal rimless tank this week. Will start to scape it next month after my business trip. Stay tuned!

Below are my previous set ups.

I actually built this tank by myself. Bought Acrylic sheets, cut them up, and weld them together. Pretty rewarding. Unfortunately, I moved shortly after this was scaped and it did not survive. I sold the tank to another member, not sure if he's still on here.
    Thanks for sharing- beautiful tanks!

How thick were the acrylic sheets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am an old dog trying to learn some new tricks...

On Duty 3000 posts, Grand Master SCAPER Zenzu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Carlo
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back, It's hard to stay away for too long. I'm kinda in the same boat. Get pulled back in... Thing snowball for a while but it's still managable... until it isn't anymore and things start to get neglected. I have since deceided to keep things more on the low tech side so that I have minimal work. Hopefully it works out for you this round. Off to a great start!

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @geektom I don't quite remember the thickness...but if i were to guess i want to say maybe a quarter inch thick?

1Gal Vase
    2.6 Gal AquaMaxx
    5.5 Gal Ada Mini-M

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenzu View Post
    Welcome back, It's hard to stay away for too long. I'm kinda in the same boat. Get pulled back in... Thing snowball for a while but it's still managable... until it isn't anymore and things start to get neglected. I have since deceided to keep things more on the low tech side so that I have minimal work. Hopefully it works out for you this round. Off to a great start!
    Haha well, for me, it was during tax season. I'd be working 12 hours everyday. By the time I get home, I'd knock out. Thanks for the kind words!

1Gal Vase
    2.6 Gal AquaMaxx
    5.5 Gal Ada Mini-M

7. Likes Zenzu liked this post