Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by privinvlu View Post
    Basic Info
    Name: privin

General Questions
    How many years have you been in the hobby? i am really new to the hobby, just 4 months
    What do you like most about the hobby? watching the plants grow
    How did you find scape ? by a quick google search
    Do you have kids? yes
    What other pets do you have? none
    Have you lived in any other state/country? India (Kerala)
    Riverside, represent!
    I am an old dog trying to learn some new tricks...

SCAPE Member Just Planted privinvlu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    privin thomas
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello tom

SCAPE Member Just Planted royaldragones's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Erika
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello I'm brand new here.

Basic Info
    Name: Erika

General Questions:

How many years have you been in the hobby? - Only about 3 or 4 years not counting when I was a kid. I'm very new at plants though, just started my first try with live plants about a year ago.

What do you like most about the hobby? - Discovering and researching what fish, plants, etc can live together.

How did you find scape? - One of my friends at work, harvestmoon, is a scape member she goes to your meetings and does contests and such.

What other hobbies or interests do you have? - Right now I'm interested in photography.

Do you play any sports? - No, I play video games.

Do you have kids? - Nope

What other pets do you have? - Just one tank 10gal tank (my apt complex won't let me set up my 30gal ) Currently 8 neons, 1 lonely endler/guppy mix, 1 nerite snail

4. Likes John7429 liked this post
    Water is Life Super Duper Master Scaper Zenzu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Carlo
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by royaldragones View Post
    Hello I'm brand new here.

Do you play any sports? - No, I play video games.

What other pets do you have? - Just one tank 10gal tank (my apt complex won't let me set up my 30gal ) Currently 8 neons, 1 lonely endler/guppy mix, 1 nerite snail
    Welcome, welcome!

Hey now... E Sports, they have competitions for cash prizes just like billiards, Bowling, Golf or poker. If they consider those sports then...

Solution sell the 30G and buy a 20G then sneak it in a basket of clothes and set that badboy up.

SCAPE Member Pro SCAPEr sayurasem's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Raymond
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name: Raymond

How many years have you been in the hobby?
    -Since 2010

What do you like most about the hobby?
    -Shrimps!

How did you find scape?
    -Plantedtank.net

What other hobbies or interests do you have?
    -I like car stuff

Do you play any sports?
    -I was in varsity badminton team back in high school

What is your favorite food?
    -A soup dish called sayur asem

What type of music do you enjoy most?
    -Hip Hop

Do you have kids?
    -Nope

What other pets do you have?
    -None

Have you lived in any other state/country?
    -Indonesia, moved to the US when I was 12
    Last edited by sayurasem; 11-21-2017 at 01:19 AM.

7. Likes Zenzu liked this post
    SCAPE Member Sr. SCAPEr jem_xxiii's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Johnny
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name: Johnny, some know me as Jay

General Questions:

How many years have you been in the hobby? - About 4 years now. Took about a year off last year to get my life together.

What do you like most about the hobby? - How relaxing it is to stare at a tank full of life.

How did you find scape? - Saw the plants at Petsmart, but didn't know how you would go about growing them. Stumbled across SCAPE.

What other hobbies or interests do you have? - Collecting World Paper Money

Do you play any sports? - Used to play and referee soccer. Now I am just an arm chair quarterback.

What type of music do you enjoy most? - A little bit of everything.

Do you have kids? - Not yet.

What other pets do you have? - Just whatever is in my tank currently.

Have you lived in any other state/country? - Nope. Was born close enough to the Mexican border that you could see it at a distance.
    [BuceFiend.]

SCAPE Member Jr. SCAPEr KeyeNewen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Khai
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name: Khai

How many years have you been in the hobby? Had fish tanks many years now. My first planted tank was a little 5 gallon in 2009 (picture below) in my apartment before life happened (wife, house, house remodel, and kids) now I'm finally starting back up again. Haven't had an aquarium for few years, all started again with winning some gold fishes at the local fair over the summer.

What do you like most about the hobby? I like the plants, relaxing and therapeutic, reminds me of nature - camping/fishing. Really interested in the shrimps now after setting up my first shrimp tank. Currently setting up four shrimp tanks in my garage:

How did you find scape? The owner of The Reef told me about local fish club years ago about getting a 10% discount card but I couldn't remember the name. Was surfing the net on TPT (only website I remembered back in 2009 about planted tanks) this summer and came across this site.
    What other hobbies or interests do you have? I "used" to camp, fish, go target practice. Now I watch my kids grow:-)
    Do you play any sports? Hand Eye coordination wasn't in my gene pool. Chasing my kids.
    What is your favorite food? BBQ or anything on the grill:-)
    What type of music do you enjoy most? Air1 radio station now, kid friendly music. Gone are the days of Aerosmith, Metallica, Guns&Roses, KidRock, Bob Marley, Too Short, Tupac, Snoop, Dre, EMINEM, 50cents
    Do you have kids? 5 yrs old son and 3 yrs old daughter
    What other pets do you have? none
    Have you lived in any other state/country? Was born in Vietnam, my family escaped Vietnam during fall of Saigon back in 75 on my dad's fishing boat, I was 3 months old. Thank GOD for the US Navy! My family was sponsored to the US by a loving couple from Kentucky (husband was a Lebanon refugee), we call them Mom Deep and Pop Deep. I actually was able to visit Mom Deep last January with my wife and kids on her 98th birthday. Been almost 30 years since I came back to Kentucky to visit Mom Deep. Grew up as a kid in Louisiana been living in Orange County for many years now.

10. Thanks Zenzu thanked for this post
    Likes Zenzu liked this post
    SCAPE Member Just Planted Gredival's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name: Chris

How many years have you been in the hobby? I got my first 10G aquarium when I was around 9 but only really decorated it and "assisted" my parents in cleaning the tank. None of us understood the nuances of the nitrogen cycle and looking back I realize how durable that little goldfish was to deal with how we literally scrubbed that tank down every month and plopped him back into a completely uncycled environment. I came back into the hobby in my mid-late 20's first with a 3G betta tank that was a spur of the moment purchase during an Amazon BF sale. Now I've got multiple tanks set-up.

What do you like most about the hobby? I enjoy the husbandry over stock and the aesthetic aspect of scaping.

How did you find scape? CK Fishworld has been my LFS since I got back into the hobby and I attended a meeting after seeing Peter advertise it.

What other hobbies or interests do you have? My main hobby is video games, specifically Dota 2.

Do you play any sports? No but I enjoy watching NBA. I will watch the late playoffs of the NFL, MLB and NHL.

What is your favorite food? I am willing to try almost anything once and I like lots of things in different cuisines. The cop-out answer would be Asian since it would include multiple Japanese, Chinese, Thai, and Korean foods.

What type of music do you enjoy most? KROQ styled punk/rock, older rap, and country.

What other pets do you have? Two cats, both rescued as small stray kittens.

Have you lived in any other state/country? I went to undergrad in MA and law school in GA. Regularly spent entire summers in Indonesia before my grandparents (Chinese immigrants who fled during the Communist revolution) passed.

12. Thanks Zenzu thanked for this post
    Likes Zenzu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Carlo
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Gredival Dota 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Carlo
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @KeyeNewen Wow... pretty intense background. I really miss camping, hiking and fishing, but alas... that was a time before the wife and kids. It's too difficult to get everyone coordinated and the time off to go drive to a quality camping spot. I feel you man, the majority of my time away from work is spent trying to recuperate or chasing kids and keeping them occupied with tasks.

15. Thanks KeyeNewen thanked for this post
    SCAPE Member Just Planted DavoAkop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    David
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenzu View Post
    Hey there,

We have some new members and I haven't met many of you, I realized maybe we should have a thread to reintroduce ourselves since many of the introduction threads are deep in the belly of the forum. That being said I think it would be a good idea for new and old members to re-introduce themselves. You can get as detailed as you'd like, heck write a biography if you really want. The idea is to better understand one another and find more common interests aside from Scape.

Please feel free to share as much as you'd like, but follow this basic format. Please list basic info and add as many general questions as you'd like (keep it pg-13 please)

Basic Info
    Name:

General Questions (feel free to make up your own)
    How did you find scape?
    Do you play any sports?
    Do you have kids?
    Name: David Akopyan
    I have been in the hobby almost a year.
    What I like about the hobby is that I always find something new and wander deeper into finding myself getting addicted to new plant species and shrimp species
    How I found SCAPE is from a fellow guy from Craigslist I wanted to buy shrimp from him but he was to far away he said go to CK fish world best place for plants and shrimp so I go on YouTube and see SCAPE doing auction so then I join the SCAPE group
    I do swimming
    I have a dog
    I have lived in the same state and Country never left SoCal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Likes Zenzu liked this post
    SCAPE Member Just Planted royaldragones's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Erika
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha ha nope don't play E-sports either.

SCAPE Member SCAPEr joethecinbeng's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    jonathan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you tell me who referred you to the group? Also, who did you vote for the election? For dealaend, aka daniel

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Carlo
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joethecinbeng View Post
    Can you tell me who referred you to the group? Also, who did you vote for the election? For dealaend, aka daniel
    Please no Political or Religeous discussion, it's against forum policy. If this is a joke of some sort, sorry I am out of the loop =/

21. Likes John7429 liked this post
    SCAPE Member 1000 posts, Semi-Pro SCAPEr Nick Shades's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sayurasem View Post
    Name: Raymond

-Since 2010

-Shrimps!

How did you find scape?
    -Plantedtank.net

-I like car stuff

Do you play any sports?
    -I was in varsity badminton team back in high school

-A soup dish called sayur asem

-Hip Hop

Do you have kids?
    -Nope

-None

-Indonesia, moved to the US when I was 12
    Woohoo! A Redlands Neighbor!

SCAPE Member Pro SCAPEr sayurasem's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Raymond
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Shades View Post
    Woohoo! A Redlands Neighbor!
    Hi Nick! Never knew you we're here since 2010! I thought I was the only one in san bernardino county. If I recalled correctly there was scape meeting few months back in redlands, was it your place? What shop you go to? I used to go to Daryl's petshop when they were at redlands blvd. / texas st. (Mostly fish shop) Then they moved to redlands blvd. / alabama st. (50% fish store). Then they moved downtown to state st. and I feel like they're moving away from aquatic stuff.

I mainly go to CK fishworld in west covina, worth the drive. Also Pet World in san bernardino across best buy. They have some caridina and neocaridina shrimp but I don't think they care because they don't look good.

SCAPE Member Just Planted AquaLyf's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Simon Ly
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:Simon

General Questions
    How did you get into the hobby? My dad brought home a 20 gallon tank from the thrift store, and I just slowly started working on it adding plants and hardscape materials. Gradually explored and learned more about the hobby. Started off my livestock w tropical community fish (bettas,guppies,gouramis). Got really inspired by many of the aquascapes I found on the web.
    How many years have you been in the hobby? Less than a year
    What do you like most about the hobby? I get to express my creativity in an artistic format. Aquariums are very calming and relaxing to look at.
    How did you find scape? Hobbyist friend from craigslist
    What other hobbies or interests do you have? Fishing, hiking, skateboarding, trying new food joints, shows/music festivals, weightlifting
    Do you play any sports? Wrestling/Jiu Jitsu,
    What is your favorite food? Japanese Ramen, KBBQ/Brazilian BBQ, Sushi,
    What type of music do you enjoy most? Indie, Ambient music, EDM (trance, house), Metal
    Do you have kids? No
    What other pets do you have? Had a dog.
    Have you lived in any other state/country? No.

Newbie to the hobby, own a few tanks including a 55 gallon crayfish tank. I go on hikes to find my own hardscape materials and plants if I can find them.
    Looking to start my first planted tank, starting a 10 gallon setup w Okho stone/driftwood hardscape.

25. Likes sayurasem, John7429 liked this post
    SCAPE Member 1000 posts, Semi-Pro SCAPEr Nick Shades's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sayurasem View Post
    Hi Nick! Never knew you we're here since 2010! I thought I was the only one in san bernardino county. If I recalled correctly there was scape meeting few months back in redlands, was it your place? What shop you go to? I used to go to Daryl's petshop when they were at redlands blvd. / texas st. (Mostly fish shop) Then they moved to redlands blvd. / alabama st. (50% fish store). Then they moved downtown to state st. and I feel like they're moving away from aquatic stuff.

I mainly go to CK fishworld in west covina, worth the drive. Also Pet World in san bernardino across best buy. They have some caridina and neocaridina shrimp but I don't think they care because they don't look good.
    I prefer the meetings or mail order for everything FW related, and even some saltwater.

Ck is where i go to get beautiful coral and some specialty products.

I only go to pet world for reef nutrition and pe mysis products, but that will change once ocean aquatics opens.

Truly, darryl's was a very fine store, but as soon as the landlord at the old building refused to fix the roof, it was the end of an era.
    Their fishroom was what made them famous. Nothing truly amaizng, but for the area, it was an exotic fish lover's dream, and the next best fw store in the area is elliots or shillingtons.

27. Likes sayurasem liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Samuel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indo Pride Represent! hahaa @sayurasem

29. Likes sayurasem liked this post
    SCAPE Member Super Duper Master Scaper swoof's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like