Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    BUCK
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What happened to Zenzu?

I'm still getting text, emails and seeing people post asking "What happened?' There are a lot of you out there I care about and vice versa. This is not a thread to cause drama so please keep it clean. This is a place to find out what happened and express feelings. Please keep questions regarding the incident to a minimum and be respectful. If you really feel the need to ask in depth or general questions feel free to PM a moderator. So here we go.

Real life issues were a factor anyone that knows my situation understands what I've been going through in a past few months/year. I have dedicated most of my free time to helping the community and being an "active" moderator deleting posts, unstickying useless stickies, editing out malicious links, banning spammers, moving/closing threads, updating info. A few days ago one of my posts were reported as being "rude and unwelcoming" I understand that... I am very blunt and sometimes quite pushy, but unless you know me I can see how some might take offense, whatever shrugged it off not a big deal, I will try to be more PG to noobs. What's funny is the person that reported me was not an active or contributing member to my understanding it was just a lurker with an account. Any who every thing was all hunky dory I went about my day scanning the website issues and posting helpful and informative answers to questions.

The next day or so I had a super long and very rough day, family, work, relationships, personal projects etc etc. I logged on to scape to get my release and focus on other people instead of myself. I like seeing other peoples posts, pictures and offering help if I can. I see the dreaded reported posts thread bumped up and click on it. Basically a moderator who shall remain unnamed said "Carlo I hate to say it but sometimes you do come of as pretentious with certain inquiries." and went on to add that even if a inquiry from a member lacks what the society as we know it(not just the hobby) would consider common sense or common knowledge, this inquiry should be embraced and allowed to exist without any type questioning. I disagree, I'm sorry my friend I am not a crutch for ignorance and laziness. I may come back with a smartalec remark or question their motives to see if they are a serial noob. In addition my answers are either informative because I know the issue is in depth and the person already has a strong knowledge of the hobby. Or it's a generalized answer that I feel fits the situation best and then I go on to tell the person learn to use google and other resources to formulate their own answers/opinions.

So after reading the thread I felt like I was being kicked while I was down. I reread it and just felt like what's the point anymore. It sucks that by human nature when backed into a corner with no recourse we tend to be self destructive. Anyway things were done scape lost countless informative threads including shrimp database and shrimp care compendium, reviews and how to's. Which brings up a good point. To the person that reported me or the person that kicked me when I was down, when was the last time you started a thread that was not about you? I understand answering questions here and there is helpful, but when have you dedicated days/weeks/months including blood and sweat into writing a full article or several for that matter or even moderated? If I was really pretentious then I suppose my threads list would reflect that right? take a look at yourself, food for thought.

^ I sound like a $^%&* but I had to get it off my chest.

Anyway I was planning on adding a plant database as well as a generalized care section which covers specifics regarding low/med/high demand plants as well as an all in one algae care thread that could be linked whenever anyone starts a "HALP! Algae" thread. It's been months of research to ensure I don't provide false information... I suppose that will have to wait. I'm unsure of my decision right now. Some people are saying I am leaving, but it's really up in the air. I appreciate all that I have read from concerned members, including the pm's,calls/texts and emails <3. I want you to know that you guys are the ones that fueled me and kept my love and passion for this hobby alive. You're the ones I enjoy helping and what made my efforts worth it. Maybe you'll see me posting again maybe not. I need some time away. Basically I'm going into hiding. I'm probably gonna reduce myself to serial seller/lurker status.

So there you have it. A full explanation. Take care everyone see you on the flip side

Last edited by Zenzu; 10-10-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Board Member 10,000 posts, I am legend! Neon Shrimp's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Richard
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Take care Carlo and know that you are welcome to come back when you are ready.

3. Likes Zenzu, bostoneric liked this post
    Modulator 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr octanejunkie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Mike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alechem shalom, brother Carlo, aka Sir Lurks A-lot
    Déjà vu: it's that feeling you get when you hit your thumb with the hammer a second time

5. Likes Zenzu liked this post
    SCAPE Member Sr. SCAPEr VNGHOST's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Vu
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never liked you anyways.

See you Sunday bro haha

7. Likes adin, swoof, Zenzu liked this post
    SCAPE Member Pro SCAPEr sayurasem's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Raymond
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vapetoberfest?

9. Likes Zenzu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Buck
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sooooo, no November mini-meet?

Sorry I flaked on that last transaction man. Let me know if you ever want to come shoot the **** in the LB with me and Dan sometime, or just me, or maybe just Dan.
    Last edited by SCAPE Moderating Team; 10-10-2013 at 03:16 PM.

11. Likes MLB, Zenzu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    oneil mcinnis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sucks dude! You are one of the most knowledgable person in the club, you will be missed by everyone. I hope your rehab don't last too long and we will see you back soon.

-----------
    One Love

13. Likes Zenzu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Billy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carlo, I know I don't know you that much, we have only met once. What I do know is your a good and cool dude. Take care, do what you gotta do and thank you for all your help and advice.
    Semper Fortis

15. Likes AquaDude, Zenzu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Chris
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know you'll be back....

17. Likes MLB, Epex, Buck, AquaDude, Zenzu, octanejunkie, pikachux3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Erich
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm relatively new to this community but was impressed by your technical how to and info posts which I learned a lot from. What I appreciate most about this site is the active involvement of senior members like you. You and a few others seem to always be logged in and ready to provide helpful comments. You seem to show up as the 1st or 2nd response in most posts. Unlike some other sites where questions can go a day or two without a response, I appreciate someone here (usually you ) is always quick with an answer or a helpful comment. Your contributions are a major part of this site . Don't stay away too long... I'd like to see the plant database happen! (I hope your shrimp data is still here )

19. Thanks Zenzu thanked for this post
    Likes bostoneric, Zenzu liked this post
    BradA
    Thanks for all your help I'll have to stop by and buy you a cold one next time I'm down

21. Likes Zenzu liked this post
    SCAPE Member 1000 posts, Semi-Pro SCAPEr SPNative's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tom
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the post Carlo

Good to know you're still around. Do what you gotta do - we'll be here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jeffrey
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It makes me red hot to the center of my core that such a waste is happening here. How can we as a community stand for a person of high standing and has contributed to the welfare of our forums be subjected to such a ridicule. How can such a revered person be shaken to his very core because of other people's lack of moral standing and non contribution to the said community. This leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth much like burnt bread left untended in an oven. I am diminished by such wasteful needless actions of lesser people.
    COMMENTING RULES.
    BE RELEVANT, RESPECTFUL, HONEST, DISCREET AND RESPONSIBLE.

24. Likes MLB, Bongox3, octanejunkie, CGAR liked this post
    June 2013 Donor of the Month SCAPEr MLB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Mia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carlo I have already said it to you but I really want to say it here because I am not the only one. YOU are the reason I ever came to this forum. You are also the one that introduced me to COAST. You more than any one person have not only effected my life you have posted the most consistent meaningful posts on this forum. If you were leaving just because you needed a break then, as you would say, shug, but that some "incident" happened to cause you to leave that is, as my mother would say irksome. We are supposed to be a family here. Just think what other people say when you try to explain why you have multiple tanks or even what aquascaping is. They, for the most part, look at you like freak
    We come here not only to learn but to also not have to explain why...........

Carlo I hope this is, like any family, a vacation not a divorce. We have already had one sad divorce recently PLEASE do not make it another. Us younger kids, even though we are growing up, are scared.

PEACE OUT, for now my brother you will be missed.
    If you do not live on the edge you are taking up to much room.

26. Thanks Buck, redhottoast thanked for this post
    SCAPE Member 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr Bala de plata's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Rory
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Something about the dynamics within this forum that seemingly chew up and toss aside the members who heavily contribute to it. It's not a good sign, these members are the reason which draw and keep people coming to the forum, not sales threads a monthly auctions.

Hopefully something worthwhile will rise out of these events.

28. Likes MLB, bostoneric liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    David
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if this action by SCAPE was due to your response in one of my latest posts, asking the forum a simple question, to which you responded very rudely, this little slap on the hand is well deserved.

everyone on SCAPE has been so helpful and have gone out their ways to link me, pm me, even call and meet up with me to help. it is quite comical that you say that "you are willing to help" when you did anything but. for planted tank newbies like me, i look to SCAPE (especially the forum section) to ask questions and get great, informed, quick answers. its a "live response" from some of the people who are knowledgable and not some google answer that is from a post in 2008 that makes this hobby fun. you seriously made an innocent question seem it didn't belong on this site, which has not been my experience in the past year on SCAPE.

either way, good luck to you cause you are very knowledgable, but maybe you need to stick to an "advanced hobbyist" section when you return.

30. Likes redhottoast liked this post
    SCAPE Member Pro SCAPEr Bongox3's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Michael
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carlo, while two individuals did you dirty, many many more have openly and passionately expressed mad respect and even admiration... Completely respect your decision to take a break, but had to say, honestly I've never seen such a response on any other forum I've belonged to (including a few I've been kicked out of, lol) for a member (hopefully only temporally) saying goodbye... Must mean your pretty special to the vast vast vast majority of members here.... I'll be knocking on your door soon neighbor, but I again wanted to publicly say that you are appreciated, and I am thankful to have learn so much from one person....

As for the individual who claims you were rude... That's chicken**** in my book. Where I come from, one has respect for those who came before. You earn your place amongst those that have already proven themselves. If your feelings get hurt, guess what -too bad... We are all grown men and women, thicken your skin, grow a pair, and don't belly ache, cuz it's just not right.... This kinda stuff must be a new generational thing... I don't understand those that feel sorry for themselves cuz someone said something not so nice.... Big freaking deal.
    Last edited by Bongox3; 10-10-2013 at 09:45 PM.

32. Thanks MLB, Bala de plata thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Rory
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dude... Haha, oh man.. You are newbie gold David. You got all the response you deserved from Carlo and others, lol.

"Can dead moss be resurrected"

Hahaha, "how to build DIY co2". That's not a question that has been asked a thousand times.

You should stay in the sand box, playing with the grown ups on the internet is no where for you man..
    Last edited by Bala de plata; 10-10-2013 at 09:55 PM.

34. Thanks MLB, Bongox3 thanked for this post
    Likes swoof, MLB, jem_xxiii, Epex, tanukimo, Bongox3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jeffrey
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twin335i View Post
    if this action by SCAPE was due to your response in one of my latest posts, asking the forum a simple question, to which you responded very rudely, this little slap on the hand is well deserved.

everyone on SCAPE has been so helpful and have gone out their ways to link me, pm me, even call and meet up with me to help. it is quite comical that you say that "you are willing to help" when you did anything but. for planted tank newbies like me, i look to SCAPE (especially the forum section) to ask questions and get great, informed, quick answers. its a "live response" from some of the people who are knowledgable and not some google answer that is from a post in 2008 that makes this hobby fun. you seriously made an innocent question seem it didn't belong on this site, which has not been my experience in the past year on SCAPE.

either way, good luck to you cause you are very knowledgable, but maybe you need to stick to an "advanced hobbyist" section when you return.

Dude, I remember this donkey now....he's the one that was not even on SCAPE a week or so and wanted to get me banned. For future reference, do not introduce yourself to me if we are ever in a meet together.... If you were ever on fire and I had a glass of the dirty tank water with me. I'd drink it first.
    Last edited by sharonluvd; 10-10-2013 at 11:44 PM. Reason: edited
    COMMENTING RULES.
    BE RELEVANT, RESPECTFUL, HONEST, DISCREET AND RESPONSIBLE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Rory
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Steve, big surprise you liked David's post...

Ladies and gentleman, you now know who the culprits were.

Take a bow Steve and David, bravo

37. Thanks dimsumisyumyum, swoof, MLB thanked for this post
    Likes MLB, jem_xxiii, Bongox3, Epex, wphan liked this post