Been a while since posting. Here's a bit of a quick update..
The tank has now been set up for a full year and 95% automated in WC and filter Maintenance. In this year I have used 7 rolls of the Rollermatt fabric. I did lose one discus over the summer I believe, it was always the odd one out. Two have paired off and have been breeding about every other week or so for a few months. But they always breed above the WC line so it never last more than a day or two. Luckily with the layout the fish are not too aggressive with each other and there is room to be spread out and have their own territory. Im really not interested in trying to change any thing to get a succesful breed, just think its funny that they keep going at it and I have not done a thing to encourage it, in fact I have tried to discourage lol!
Daughter helped me "clean" the plants a month or so ago. Unfortunately her version of cleaning resemblse tearing plants to bits. Try not to thing about the huge clumps of NLJava Fern and Anubias Petite I lost. oh well, going for a Amazon forest now. here is some video last night cathcing them in action.