SCAPE Member Jr. SCAPEr XxESKIMOxX's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    johnny
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, I received it in one day. item shipped on the 27th in san diego and go it the next day. ill give my review soon. by tonight for sure. I havent had time. My fishes got a serious case of ich. blah.

- - - Updated - - -

No pictures, or video. My video would have been exactly as the one i posted earlier.
    I apologize in advance for my grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization and any other thing related to the English subject. lol. think of it as a prewrite and that is exactly what im doing.
    I have never owned another canister before so i cannot compare it to any other.
    I have a 20 gallon long tank lightly planted.

Alright so far I really do like this canister filter. It feels very solid and and built with quality parts. Nothing cheap. It feels heavy but in a good quality way and not made with junk.
    i got the 150 model It only has 2 trays which includes ceramic media and 2 foam padding. No charcoal not that we need it for our planted tanks.
    All parts is neatly packaged in bags. And everything fits like how it should with out complication.
    Though I do recommend you putting the tube in the sprayer bar and return tube before placing it the tank, instead of how the video showed. It is a really tight fit so you might need the extra room.
    It includes a telescopic return tube but for my 20 gallon long I don't need to extended it at all. But i extended anyways just to see it and it feels very sturdy and stiff so it's a good thing.
    As for a sprayer i connected 3 spray tube out of the 4 they give you and again this isn't flimsy or anything it stays where it needs to be. I pointed my sprayers a little higher so it aggregates the water so induce oxygen since i have very little plants.
    Tubes must be cut to length no roller coaster tubes like up and down when you connect it to the canister. I thought it would be okay but it made my start up a little harder since gravity couldn't take its effect but that was my fault lol.
    It has great circulation on my tank. my tetras seems to doing fine in it minus the ich it just caught. Over all i am very happy with this purchase i give it 9/10.

I have this canister in my room and the only time i can hear it is when its absolutely silent but i got use to it. But other than that during the normal day you cannot hear anything. kind of like a white noise i would say but very faint.

If you do get this canister just follow the video and you will just be A okay.

2. Thanks Buck thanked for this post
    Likes swoof liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    James
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know what size the tubing is? Would love to know if I can put some glass pipes on em!

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    johnny
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jello View Post
    Do you know what size the tubing is? Would love to know if I can put some glass pipes on em!
    I believe the outlet is 1/2 inch and the inlet is 3/4 inch.

Super Moderator 3000 posts, Grand Master SCAPER shawndoc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Shawn
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drs Foster & Smith have them on sale for $30 off right now.
    http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...S-_-62913-_-P2

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    johnny
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pet mountain is still cheaper

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    AH
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there was a pro 150 on ebay for 60 shipped. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Rick
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reposting this question as my previous post appears to have been taken down,.......

I have a Hydor 350.

Filter pads at Big Al's are $4 each (when they have them in stock) plus shipping.

https://www.bigalspets.com/hydor-whi...-350-2-pk.html

Or....I can buy these knock-offs on ebay for $1.08 each (when I buy the 12 pack) shipped.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Foam-Fine-F...53.m2749.l2649

Anyone here ever buy these pads from this seller before?

SCAPE Member Pro SCAPEr Bongox3's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Michael
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love my hydors on my large tank (100g) have two alongside an fx6... but to be honest, for smaller tanks like 40s, I haven’t found anything that beats the old classic eheim 2217... my hydors have been in place for about 5plus years... no issues, easy use, easy prime... large media trays...using the 450. Clean water even with numerous rainbow cichlids, apistos, and loads of tetras...

Moderator 2000 posts, Star SCAPEr Nick Shades's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Personally, i almost never use modular filtration packages for canister filter floss when it comes to canisters. It is ussually overpriced and can be replicated by buying pillow stuffing or multi level filtration pad rolls from ebay and cutting them myself.

That being said, I cannot see any reason why not to choose the lesser expensive option.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Rick
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need some help.

Cleaned my Hydor 350 this week, and when I hooked it back up........it started occasionally burping up air bubbles.

After a few days I broke it down and hooked it up......and it has gotten worse.

The intake and outflow tubes are transparent.....so I can see that the air is only in the outflow tube...not in the intake tube......so it is not sucking in air that way.

I watched a few videos on youtube, and there is one about replacing the main gasket and one about replacing the O-Rings....but in both cases the owner replaced them because the filter was leaking.......and my filter is not leaking.

VIDEO

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by tippy4; 02-23-2020 at 12:10 PM.