This tank has been running for a quite some time. Shrimps are doing extremely well, every 4-5 months, I have to take out at least 1/3 of the colony to prevent overcrowded. The key is to keep the tank in the natural elements, do not add chemicals or anything else in there to mess with water.
- Original stock: 10 CRS, 10 CBS of mixed grades. About six months ago, I added a few male BKK and RW.
- Tank is 8G (same as the fluval ebi)
- 6 year old AS soil.
- 13W PC clip on light.
- Small HOB filter.
- No heater.
- Crypts and moss
- Feeding Ken's veggie sticks and Shirakura.
- Water change: whenever I'm not lazy.
- Water parameter: don't check, just pH once in a while.
- 50/50 RO/tap
With out culling and cutting back, the tank could get like this, this was about more than 1.5 year ago. At this time, I had the yellows staying with the crystals but it turned out the yellows couldn't compete. Also, the pH was lower than desirable for yellow neos so I moved them out.
Tank as of now after a reduction about 3 weeks ago.