June 2013 Donor of the Month SCAPEr MLB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Mia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to have a "how to" lecture series. For example: how to set up an automatic feeder/doser, how to set up an easy to maintain fish room, water changing made easy, R/O water storage and filler in one (Rory that one is for you )........ It could even be a DIY series. I know a lot of members have great ideas and it would be great for us less creative and experienced people to learn from you.

(I apologize to all of the spelling and grammar people for the mistakes. I obviously was not an english major. I usually write in acronyms and abbreviated sentences.)
    If you do not live on the edge you are taking up to much room.

Board Member 10,000 posts, I am legend! Neon Shrimp's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Richard
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poke View Post
    Thats some good suggestions Joe. Not sure why we havent had any guest speakers and so many months. Thats why alot of scape members will go to COAST cause they have guess speakers every meet. Not sure why we cant have them here on scape. It does start getting boring when you go to every meet and its the same thing as the previous meets you been too.
    Through this thread as well as our fellow members geektom, jnm1978 and shawndoc SCAPE has been contacting speakers to invite to our meetings. We are trying to vary our activities to include speakers such as Anthony along with our current demos/tutorials.

Yes we haven't had speakers at our meeting like COAST does but we have been and are planning for speakers at some of our future meetings. SCAPE members are encouraged to go to the COAST meetings not only for the presentations but to meet others in different aspects of the hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by MLB View Post
    I would love to have a "how to" lecture series. For example: how to set up an automatic feeder/doser, how to set up an easy to maintain fish room, water changing made easy, R/O water storage and filler in one (Rory that one is for you )........ It could even be a DIY series. I know a lot of members have great ideas and it would be great for us less creative and experienced people to learn from you.

(I apologize to all of the spelling and grammar people for the mistakes. I obviously was not an english major. I usually write in acronyms and abbreviated sentences.)
    We will continue to have Demos and Tutorials at all of our other meetings including scaping a 25g cube display tank for Russo's Pet Center at the next meeting (more info to be posted soon).

Thank you again Anthony and we will work with you in getting you to a meeting soon.
    Last edited by Neon Shrimp; 09-20-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Super Moderator Sr. SCAPEr SCAPE Moderating Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    SCAPE Mod
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichthyology View Post
    Well, unfortunately, I DO have a Ph.D. but I can talk on MANY topics... Discus, Cambodian Fishes, water, I have talked to many groups, including all the Fish Clubs in California and in Bermuda.
    It is official, Anthony will be presenting a talk on "Collecting in the Wild" at our December Grand Raffle Meeting.

Thank you again Anthony.
    *All information transmitted on scapeclub.org becomes property of the club and its site unless or , is under the observation of the site moderators and the sender should have no expectation of privacy. All manner of communication must adhere to the club policy regarding content, etiquette, attacks, (as stated in these Rules here: http://scapeclub.org/forum/showthrea...l=1#post191624). Violations along these lines could result in disciplinary actions up to and including "banning from the site and SCAPE activitiess."

**All raised fees and donations will be used to fund expenses of SCAPE activities such as but not limited to contests, meeting activities, web hosting, etc.

4. Thanks redhottoast thanked for this post
    Likes redhottoast liked this post
    Super Moderator Sr. SCAPEr SCAPE Moderating Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    SCAPE Mod
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUMP for more speakers/presentations.

Please post here if you would like to present a Demonstration or Tutorial at a future SCAPE meeting.
    *All information transmitted on scapeclub.org becomes property of the club and its site unless or , is under the observation of the site moderators and the sender should have no expectation of privacy. All manner of communication must adhere to the club policy regarding content, etiquette, attacks, (as stated in these Rules here: http://scapeclub.org/forum/showthrea...l=1#post191624). Violations along these lines could result in disciplinary actions up to and including "banning from the site and SCAPE activitiess."

**All raised fees and donations will be used to fund expenses of SCAPE activities such as but not limited to contests, meeting activities, web hosting, etc.

SCAPE Member 1000 posts, Semi-Pro SCAPEr redhottoast's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Steven
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll talk with with Billy and see If I can do a demo on how to build a tank.
    There is no reason not to learn anything.

Board Member 10,000 posts, I am legend! Neon Shrimp's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Richard
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redhottoast View Post
    I'll talk with with Billy and see If I can do a demo on how to build a tank.
    Thank you but we have a member (David) who has said he will present a topic at Billie's house in SD.

Let's use your idea for the March and later meetings.

SCAPE Member 1000 posts, Semi-Pro SCAPEr redhottoast's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Steven
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Shrimp View Post
    Thank you but we have a member (David) who has said he will present a topic at Billie's house in SD.

Let's use your idea for the March and later meetings.
    Sounds Good.
    There is no reason not to learn anything.