PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Monterey Park

VNCNT
11-16-2009, 10:53 AM
hello scapers

My name is Vincent (most people call me Vince). After several months of being a lurker on this forum, i've finally decided to register. Two friends of mine are members of this forum, so i thought i'd join the party :rock: i've been a tropical fish hobbyist for 20+ years ( i'm almost 25) in 2005, i started my first serious planted tank. it was a 40g tank w/ fluorite and eco-complete, 110 watts of PC lighting, a Rena XP3 and DIY CO2. unfortunately, i grew bored of it after a few years and returned to my obsession with arowanas. i've recently started scaping again and i'm as serious about it as i'm serious about aros. i'm currently running a 5 gallon tank w/ HC and blyxa japonica in eco-complete. there are 3 dario dario (2 males, 1 female) and 6 CRS. My girlfriend's tank is a lightly planted 20 gallon with tetras and several different dwarf fish (she adores little animals...) i've rambled on long enough... hope to meet some fellow scapers soon. btw, i'm also on plantedtank(under the same handle) and on MFK.

cheers
-Vince

Chasimir
11-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Welcome to SCAPE and welcome to the party! :whoo:

goalcreas
11-16-2009, 11:25 AM
:welcome to the club Vince:thumbsup

Neon Shrimp
11-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Hi Vince, good to have you join SCAPE. Who are your two friends? Try to make it to the one of the meetings soon to meet everyone and get great deals.

dtsuyuki
11-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Great to see you finally joined, Vince.

VNCNT
11-16-2009, 12:36 PM
thanks everyone.

neon shrimp: my two friends are dean and tiffany (dtsuyuki). i'm participaing in the invertzfactory group buy for december, so i should be at the meeting. i just have to be sure to get that day off from work.

dtsuyuki
11-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Vince, since it's not super local, maybe we can go together... btw, any news about the HC (text me)

FURYOKIDS
11-16-2009, 01:59 PM
:welcome VINCE!

Hope to see you at the next meet in downtown LA.
RSVP here:
:arrow: http://socalaquascapers.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&&day=2009-12-13;e=21&c=1&redirect=1

MARIMOBALL
11-16-2009, 06:49 PM
:welcome Vince. Nice to see more peeps from the San Gabriel Valley. Im your neighbor, im in Montebello. Maybe you can show us your tank on the member aquascapes thread.

Zzyzx85
11-16-2009, 07:22 PM
:welcome to SCAPE, Vincent.

isn't it great to have friends (before joining a club) who are also into the same hobbies?

Too bad none of mine do. :(

That's why I've got SCAPE!

Phan10ms
11-16-2009, 07:48 PM
:welcome to SCAPE, Vincent.

isn't it great to have friends (before joining a club) who are also into the same hobbies?

Too bad none of mine do. :(

That's why I've got SCAPE!

I feel the same way. All my friends don't understand the beauty of a well planted aquarium and could care less with the science behind it. Nice to know that there are a few that share the same hobby.

Also, nice to meet you, Vincent. Do you have pictures of your tanks?

OldTanks
11-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Very nice people here, where everyone is just like family.

Feel free to post your questions to the forums.

...and be sure to attend the monthly meetings, where you can pick up some really great deals in the auctions, and win prizes in the raffle.

VNCNT
11-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Marimoball - SGV is an aquaria hotspot, but the area could use more aquatic plant enthusiasts.

zzyzx85 and phan10ms - its always nice having friends with the same interests in an uncommon hobby. most people (friends and family included) don't understand it and think the amount of time and money invested in this hobby is ridiculous... before dean and tiff got into this, i only had about 4 friends that shared the same interest (but more with monster fish rather than planted tanks.)

i'll try to snap some decent shots tonight with my bro's dslr. i have some pics on my iphone, but the pic quality is terrible.

MARIMOBALL
11-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Marimoball - SGV is an aquaria hotspot, but the area could use more aquatic plant enthusiasts.

I concur I can count 4 stores on Garvey blvd all within 5 minutes but none carry plants. There are about 15 stores and only one carries plants :confused (sigh)