PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Rosemead

m3177o
07-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Hello peeps,

i've been in the hobby for about 10 years and im still loving in. i've never touch saltwater and dont know when im going to make that switch. but for now, its freshwater all the way.

im currently running 75gallon planted, 10 gallon shrimp, and a pretty small pond.

yogi1774
07-12-2009, 11:24 PM
:welcome:welcome to SCAPE!! Glad that you joined us...ask as many questions you want. There are many knowledgeable scapers here...

naturalwonders
07-12-2009, 11:36 PM
:welcome to SCAPE, Vu.
You are lucky with fresh water only. Myself, I'm torn between two lovers fresh and saltwater at the moment :rofl2. Each has its own experiences:Einstein:. Can you make it to the meet this coming weekend?

Chasimir
07-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Welcome! I've never done saltwater either, but who knows what the future holds :lol

What kind of shrimp do you keep?

m3177o
07-12-2009, 11:56 PM
thanks for the warm welcome everyone, i really want to go to this meet in july but dont know if i have to be a full pledge member or not. i was hoping someone could tell me more about the things that goes on during the meet and if the people are laid back. thanks again for the warm welcome.

Chasimir
07-13-2009, 12:00 AM
You should definitely come to the meet in July since it's in LA (they can be all over, even San Diego) and everyone is really laid back and very friendly. If you're looking to pick up some plants, the prices and selection can't be beat through the live auction. It's really easy going and we go through lots of cool plants, no hardcore business-y type stuff here. Since you've posted on the forum, that makes you a full fledged member, at least as much as me since that's all I did to join :thumbsup

If the meeting isn't your thing, no pressure, you can go to meetings if and when you feel like it, but they are lots of fun and there's always good food and great company.

Zzyzx85
07-13-2009, 12:04 AM
:welcome to SCAPE, Vu!

You should definitely come to the meet in July.

Regarding club membership, what Casey said ^.

ganotisim
07-13-2009, 12:39 AM
Welcome. Can you share some pictures of your tanks? We look forward to having you there at the meeting. Great and laid back crowd.

Neon Shrimp
07-13-2009, 02:19 AM
i really want to go to this meet in july but dont know if i have to be a full pledge member or not. i was hoping someone could tell me more about the things that goes on during the meet and if the people are laid back.
Hi Vu, you are more than welcome to come to the the meeting. You can find more information about the meetings here (http://socalaquascapers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7). The atmosphere is like a friendly party/BBQ where everyone likes to talk about aquariums and plants :thumbsup.

zerojoe0917
07-13-2009, 03:17 AM
Nice VU!!

man plx show us your tanks....

and welcome to the club

4f1hmi
07-13-2009, 08:00 AM
Welcome Vu! You will not be out of place here because all of us here are friendly and laid back. Me myself had not come across saltwater tanks either. Come join the fun this coming meet. Hope to you there.

FURYOKIDS
07-14-2009, 01:54 PM
:welcome Vu!

Yeah, you're a full fledged member now too! So come on down to the meet, we'd all like to meet you. :mrgreen: