PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Northridge, CA

zerojoe0917
02-19-2009, 02:41 AM
Hey guys, nice to meet you all,

My name is Joe, i have recently moved to Cali for college, i am originaly from Hong Kong. It has always been my interest in keeping aquariums, mostly keeping nano fish. However about a year ago, i really got in to "aquascaping" and plants and inverts. I still have a long way to go...but i know i can and will learn many things here!!

Thank you all in advance!
- Joseph

Fordtrannyman
02-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Hi Joseph, Welcome to SCAPE! :)
I would like to invite you to attend our meeting and auction this Sunday, February 22nd. You can find a few more details here. (http://socalaquascapers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1227)
There are a lot of knowledgeable and experienced folks here at SCAPE that are eager to help. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

mlb7225
02-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Hello Joe!!!

Welcome to SCAPE!

Neon Shrimp
02-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Hello Joseph and welcome,

Feel free to visit all the forums and we hope to see you around often.

Take care :)

zerojoe0917
02-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Hi Joseph, Welcome to SCAPE! :)
I would like to invite you to attend our meeting and auction this Sunday, February 22nd. You can find a few more details here. (http://socalaquascapers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1227)
There are a lot of knowledgeable and experienced folks here at SCAPE that are eager to help. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

haha!! thanks fordtrannyman!! when is the latest i can rsvp?

Fordtrannyman
02-19-2009, 12:04 PM
haha!! thanks fordtrannyman!! when is the latest i can rsvp?

If you know you can make it, go ahead and post in the RSVP thread.
We would be glad to have you attend.

goalcreas
02-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Welcome to SCAPE.
You CAN RSVP a Maybe.
I send out the directions and phone number to all who reply with a Yes or Maybe.
If you post Maybe and don't show, we won't kill you, but we really hope you can come.

If you have not got a chance to look all around yet, I can tell you a few things.
The meeting has a $5 cover per attending adult. Kids under 12 are free.
You are allowed to bring guests with you. How many guests you bring is up to you, but each guest does have to pay the $5.
This money is used to buy the food and beverages. It is BEST if you are bringing 1 or more people to put that on the RSVP, it just helps with planning the food and beverage purchase.

We are having an Auction at this meeting. There will be LOTS and LOTS of plants, some fish / shrimp and snails possibly. There is lots of equipment and scaping materials such as sand / rocks / wood and substrate.
Marine Depot donated 10 t-shirts and 5 coffe mugs that will either go into the auction or be door gifts.
Pfertz donated a t-shirt and set of root tabs, these go in the auction and starting bid is $1
Most ALL items start at $1 for bid unless it is a big equipment item, then the owner sets the min bid price.

Feel free to bring anything you want to add to the auction. Find more info on it here (http://socalaquascapers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1197)

Also, SCAPE will hold RAFFLES every 3-6 months with large items purchased from profits made at the auctions.

EVERY ATTENDING member (at this and any meeting) gets 2 raffle tickets.
That is a $10 value.
You can also purchase raffle tickets for $5 at the meeting.

If you have any questions about any of this please ask away.

ouija818
02-19-2009, 01:36 PM
welcome

Overallgal
02-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Hi Joseph, glad to meet you. So how's college going? There are some very knowledgeable people here so please don't hesitate to ask anything if you need to.

Hope to see you at the meeting.

Welcome,

zerojoe0917
02-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Hi Joseph, glad to meet you. So how's college going? There are some very knowledgeable people here so please don't hesitate to ask anything if you need to.

Hope to see you at the meeting.

Welcome,

Haha...college is fine...busy!! i already rsvp to the meeting...i will try my best to get there in time!!

thanks guys!!!

pepperonihead
02-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Hey Joseph welcome!!! See you Sunday. It is gonna be fun.